Magic find boosters

Magic find boosters

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

Hello Developers or moderators,

Can you please simply state whether the magic find boosters being sold in the gem shop are currently functioning properly or not?

Thank you

Magic find boosters

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wolfgang Michael.8217

Wolfgang Michael.8217

Common man, I am never the one to do this but what sort of a question is this. Obviously the MF boosters work, as do the other boosters. I do agree however that there should be an option to show how much MF you have in total.

Magic find boosters

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

Oh i know how the question appears, but with even a minor amount of browsing the forums, the basic majority consensus is that magic find may not be having any effect and even some reports of a negative effect.

So my question stands, is magic find working? and now one step further to the original question, do the boosters actually do anything, currently?

Magic find boosters

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

It’s simple math man.

Let’s assume for practical purposes, that the chance rate for items is as follows:

White: 30%
Blue: 20%
Green: 10%
Yellow: 3%
Orange: 0.5%

And let’s say you have a total of 150% magic find equipped.
Those rates increase to:
White: 45%
Blue: 30%
Green: 15%
Yellow: 4.5%
Orange: 0.75%

So why do people wear MF? Because they want more yellow/orange drops. Well the drop rate is bad to begin with, and even with MF, the increase is not noticeable, so that’s why you hear people complaining.

You will notice more whites/blues/greens, though.

That being said, MF boosters are not worth it because of diminishing returns. There is so much unknown as to how long it lasts.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Magic find boosters

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: morphemass.2850

morphemass.2850

I recently did some farming with a near max MF and a booster. I got 1 rare, 1 exotic. Exotic value < 1G :/

So even if they are functioning properly, given the old to gem rate they are essentially of zero value, mainly because the green tier of rarity has not managed to make it past vendor value.

Magic find boosters

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

They certainly work (I have seen this firsthand scoring 9 rares in 2 plinx runs prior to the nerf!), but as morphemass points out it’s probably NOT cost effective

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Magic find boosters

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

i stopped using MF gear and getting better items than with mf
in dung 4,5 yellow
and btw i got even exotic few times, and before that 0 with magic find gear

Magic find boosters

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

in dung 4,5 yellow

It’s called small sample size

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Magic find boosters

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: morphemass.2850

morphemass.2850

in dung 4,5 yellow

It’s called small sample size

Quite true but the problem is that in the experience of most people MF is worthless.

Now statistically speaking of course, it isn’t, but statistics tend not to be fun for a lot of people and that’s the problem with MF as it is at the moment. It fails to give a big enough bust for it to add to the gameplay experience and in fact many people think it detracts from it.