Make armor skins sellable in pieces

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vired swordhammer.9134

Vired swordhammer.9134

What I mean by the title is make is so you can buy just one or 2 pieces of a armor instead of buying it as a whole set.
Lets say if I just wanted to get the krytan medium chest armor I would have to buy the whole set and then be left with armor I wont use and can’t do much with it but toss it into my bank or delete it. But if you made it so I can buy just the chest piece ( or any other piece) a lot more people would spend the gems on armor you can even make it so buying each piece separately is more expensive then buying the set like the med krytan is currently 500gems if you make each piece 100gems then it would cost 600 gems if you bought it all separately then as a set. The 800gem armors would be like 150gems for each piece making it 900gems total.
I know I would personally love being able to buy certain pieces of armor skins I mean I can buy what ever armor look I want in game separately just not in the gem store.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: VidGhost.3215

VidGhost.3215

great idea.. but too much trouble for them to do!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Are you crazy, OP? Why sell you exactly what you want for 150 gems a piece when they can sell you exactly what you want (plus redundant extras) for 800 gems. Don’t be daft!

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

Are you crazy, OP? Why sell you exactly what you want for 150 gems a piece when they can sell you exactly what you want (plus redundant extras) for 800 gems. Don’t be daft!

Because there is no guarantee that someone will be willing to pay the full amount for just one piece.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I love the new armor they put in the gemstore, but I only want to use it for the pants for a few of my characters. I haven’t bought the new armorsets though, 800 gems is just too much for a single piece. Even if I would only buy it for 1 character.

I’m all for this, but I don’t see it get implemented.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If they were going to sell pieces separately, they would probably drop them from the gem store and introduce black lion armor tickets, which would allow you to buy a single piece (cost per piece would probably vary). Getting the full set would be quite expensive though. Even getting a single piece could cost more than what the full set is now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Templar.3418

Templar.3418

I hate this business model…so much. Nickle and dimed yo. Nickle-and-dimed.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

And yet all evidence based on actions rather than idle conversation is that customers vastly prefer to be nickled-&-dimed – in the form of having many small “impulse buy” priced options to modify or enhance their core investment.

Take console games – you’re title is dead on the shelves if you dare defy the locked base price of $59.95 for the basic version. And yet it’s become a failing of the producers if they don’t off two dollar, or five dollar gee-gaws for download. Gee gaws already shipped on the disk – you’re buying an unlock key! If you bundled those items and their price and offered a richer, fuller game experience right out of the box, but for $75, you’d transition from $60 mega-hit to $75 mega-flop in the blink of an eye.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Varielle.9074

Varielle.9074

I agree with this, I don’t want the entire set as only a few pieces matches what i need

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zoia.3678

Zoia.3678

I’d love to see this.
I bought the Krytan set for the vest. There are some pants and shoes i would like to get as well, but they are from two different sets. I don’t feel like paying 1600 gems for a pair of pants and a pair of shoes.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I have too suggested something alike: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Allow-us-to-buy-single-pieces-of-skin-sets/first#post3122990

I’f I’m interested just in the shirt, why should I buy the pants and shoes that go along?

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

I also want this.

I can tell you, I would spend more if I could buy just the pieces I want. I bet Anet would make more money and make their player base happy in the process.

Its a win-win Anet, please make this happen!

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

I too. I’d like to get the Profane boots, pants and gloves. No need or want for the top, that fugly sholder crap, or mask. No. At these exchange rates? No kittening way I’m kitten ing away 800 gems, at something like 60 g, to toss out half the set. Instead of getting the prices of half a set, they get 0.

Have 2 more light wearers I’d like to put in em. Wont be. Not at the usurious rates gems are going for.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

That would be great. I always mix & match my armors.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Because there is no guarantee that someone will be willing to pay the full amount for just one piece.

Point is, even if you optimistically like 5/6 pieces in the set, they are still making more money per piece with the current format that the proposed 150 Gems/Item. Sure, they do lose sales when intelligent shoppers simply refuse to buy the whole set, but don’t underestimate the buying power of the uncaring masses. It suits ArenaNet just fine if you pay 800 Gems and discard half the items.

[conspiracy]
In fact, judging by how each set seems to have at least 2 fugly pieces, they seem to be designed exactly for that.
[/conspiracy]

Wish-crafting aside, remind me again: how many Gems for the Toxic skins? Would you rather discard 3/6 items having paid 133 Gems apiece or buy them individually for 400 Gems apiece? Only the person who only wants 2 pieces out of each of the current sets would break even.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I’d love to see this.
I bought the Krytan set for the vest. There are some pants and shoes i would like to get as well, but they are from two different sets. I don’t feel like paying 1600 gems for a pair of pants and a pair of shoes.

Yeah .. paid twice 1600 for the combo of Brahams vest and Etherblade leggings, everything else i will maybe never use and have already destroyed some of that.

Btw.: i would even be fine if they want to have 300-400 for single pieces if we still have the option to buy the full set. Maybe 400 for vest and leggings and 300 for the other less visible items.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

(edited by Beldin.5498)