Make gold on little time(spends S.points)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: natsos.3692

natsos.3692

In cases you are wondering why I share this little tip, it is because I ran out of skill points, and the guild members I told ran out too.
So here it is, you will see for yourself why the proffit is certain.
Required Items:
1 Mithril Ore
Stacks of Platinum ore
5 Pile of Incandescent dust per stack of platinum
4 philosopher’s stones(buy it from Miyani @mystic forge for 1 skill per 10 stones)
Lets do some math
1 Mithril ore = 48c by order or 57 to 58 by buyout)
1 stack of Platinum ore = 27.5 silver
5 Dust = ~1.25 silver
Philosopher stones = 0c .
Gives us a total of 30- silver per forge.
This recipes can reward out anything from 30(?) to 250 mithril ore
Which means that if zommoros rewards with anything beyond 63+ M. Ore and you sell it for 56 or more, you have made a proffit(smaller ammount rewarded means smaller proffit).63*56=35.28s – 15% fee =29.99
With this technique I have managed to sky rocket my 12g to 74g in one night spending a bit more than 150 skill points.
Most of the time Zommorow will reward you with an average of 70-80 which is a proffit, if you get lucky you will see some 200+(triples your money) and 100+ .

(Using Orders instead of instant buyout will increase your proffit even more)
Go ahead and try it, I am waiting for responses
Edit: I forgot to tell you that if you want, you don’t have to actually sell your mithril ores, you can also craft them this way, which is cheaper than buying them from TP and craft your rares or exotic, still requires skill points, but still can give a proffit.

Natsos, Necromancer
Officer of Spartians GR[SPGR]
Gandara EU

(edited by natsos.3692)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

this was previously done with silk > gossamer. well played

in Black Lion Trading Co

natsos.3692

It was a lucky catch, my brain kinda clicked when I noticed the mithril ore prices,also this whole story started like 15 days ago, and it can still be done, don’t know for how long, but even if the prices change a bit(lets say platinum 13c and mithril 54) you will STILL be able to make proffit, you will just need a little more luck!

Natsos, Necromancer
Gandara EU

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: morphemass.2850

morphemass.2850

So you average about 80, and saw minimum of 30 and max of 250 on combines?

in Black Lion Trading Co

natsos.3692

Yes the average is 70+ to 80-, the max I saw was 240 and the minimum was 34, so Max-Min is just guessing, it might be 1-250 tho.(which I doubt)

Natsos, Necromancer
Gandara EU

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Walrus.6390

Walrus.6390

Honestly, it’s not worth it at this point. You do make a decent amount of money, but you could get a little more from another method.

I used 51 skill points
I just made about 5g
I could have made about 6g

At the time of posting this, molten core → lodestone promotion would have made me that 6g

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LoomyZA.7041

LoomyZA.7041

Honestly, it’s not worth it at this point. You do make a decent amount of money, but you could get a little more from another method.

I used 51 skill points
I just made about 5g
I could have made about 6g

At the time of posting this, molten core -> lodestone promotion would have made me that 6g

Agreed, if you are looking to generate gold from your skillpoints, lodestones is the way, and to a smaller degree t5->t6 fine (venom for example) lodestone revenue is guaranteed where fine mats is more rng based. Your profit is further expanded by selling finished goods rather than the lodestone itself. I value it this way, 33s to 40s per skillpoint if im buying someone elses sp, absolutely priceless if they my own. but in my eyes you should aim for anything that will net u profit above 40s per skillpoint.

(edited by LoomyZA.7041)

in Black Lion Trading Co

natsos.3692

The price of platinum is just fine right now, the problem is on the mithrils, there are 5,000 pieces on 54 and 55.
Until the mithril reaches the price of 57 the proffit is going to be low, this is true,when I performed this I was able to buy Platinum for 10c and sell the mithril from 60 to 61.

Natsos, Necromancer
Gandara EU

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: AWSUMSAUCE.4372

AWSUMSAUCE.4372

Thanks for this (OP)! I made 3.5g in under 2 hours which isn’t bad. I have spent some time with lodes and it really doesn’t seem viable to me… the price of lodes fluctuates madly and by the time you’ve made yours it is often selling at 1g less than when you viewed it. Also the cost of El wine negates the upgrading of cheaper lodestones, along with munching your skill points. The fees on high price lodes are of course high, so, if you want to make a very risky 8-20s per combine then good for you. In my opinion OPs method was the most successful – I only wish I had gotten to it sooner.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Snowstorm.3897

Snowstorm.3897

Did this around 20 days ago when Platinum was 8c and Mithril was 60c, and was getting around a ~70% profit on whatever I spent. For example, I’d buy out 40 stacks of plat for 9g, and I’d make 14-16g on the mithril to sell. Went from 5g to 70g using around maybe 100 skill points. Didn’t realise this method would become this wide spread, and kinda stumbled across it when checking various promotions. Ran out of SP’s, and because this method went downhill after I finished I decided not to go back to it. And I’m glad now, the profit margin has declined rapidly.

Also, to note, from the mass batches I did, I believe the low end of the conversion to be 40 mithril, and the high end to be 200, and it averages at around 75 Mithril over a large enough(20+ stacks) batch.

Sylas
Second Law [Scnd] – Guild leader
Currently: Axiom – Necro

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

I made about as much coin from ppl dumping their mithril en masse. Just refined the ore into a profitable product which suddenly became VERY profitable with such low base costs. Didn’t spend a single skill point though. And didn’t even stay behind my computer, it will sell anyway.

in Black Lion Trading Co

natsos.3692

Did this around 20 days ago when Platinum was 8c and Mithril was 60c, and was getting around a ~70% profit on whatever I spent. For example, I’d buy out 40 stacks of plat for 9g, and I’d make 14-16g on the mithril to sell. Went from 5g to 70g using around maybe 100 skill points. Didn’t realise this method would become this wide spread, and kinda stumbled across it when checking various promotions. Ran out of SP’s, and because this method went downhill after I finished I decided not to go back to it. And I’m glad now, the profit margin has declined rapidly.

Also, to note, from the mass batches I did, I believe the low end of the conversion to be 40 mithril, and the high end to be 200, and it averages at around 75 Mithril over a large enough(20+ stacks) batch.

I am going to agree on the average but the lowest I had was 34 and the highest 240, I did something like 200 stacks of platinum(sold over 20.000 mithril ores)

Natsos, Necromancer
Gandara EU

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sky.7610

Sky.7610

Careful guys, this might be an “exploit”.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Snowstorm.3897

Snowstorm.3897

Careful guys, this might be an “exploit”.

It isn’t an exploit, its using a system in game, the promotion of materials, to gain a profit due to the differences in value of the T4 and T5 material. The market just hasn’t caught up with how valuable platinum is due to this method of conversion.

Sylas
Second Law [Scnd] – Guild leader
Currently: Axiom – Necro

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Direwulff.2396

Direwulff.2396

I tried this with the gossamer and lost close to 40 silver on 1 transaction. The mystic toilet is a waste of time.

Put in 250 silk 5 tier 6 dusts and 2 gossamer + my skill point. Got 15 gossamer back… WTF

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Spifnar.4712

Spifnar.4712

I was wondering what was causing the drop in mithril prices. I assumed the botters had gotten better gathering coded

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: matemaster.2168

matemaster.2168

I was wondering what was causing the drop in mithril prices. I assumed the botters had gotten better gathering coded

No, the price drop of mithril was caused by anet fixing the snowflake-jewelry exploit

in Black Lion Trading Co

natsos.3692

I tried this with the gossamer and lost close to 40 silver on 1 transaction. The mystic toilet is a waste of time.

Put in 250 silk 5 tier 6 dusts and 2 gossamer + my skill point. Got 15 gossamer back… WTF

Who spoke of gossamer..?You have to do some math before using the “mystic toilet” to make gold,you are not throwing random stuff inside and expect to make gold out of nothing..
Also an other tip , you can make proffit by buying Vials of Weak blood(tier 1) and converting them to Vials of Thin blood(Tier 2),I won’t do math for it right now but you can make some good money out of it.

Natsos, Necromancer
Gandara EU