Making Town Clothes Armor skin

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hondrus.5192

Hondrus.5192

I’m a new player that recently join GW2 and as a new player I feel that there is no need for town clothes as you can’t use them in combat. Majority of the players spend their time in PvE, WvW or PvP so they won’t spend much times in towns so I feel that there is no need to have town clothes. So why not make town clothes available in combat or some type of armor skin so that people who spend xtra money on the game on gems can somewhat ‘stand out’ allowing more sales on the Black Lion Trading Co. Just a suggestion though

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I agree that town clothes are stupid.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Black Lion Trading Co

Hondrus.5192

It’s a cool concept but it’s just that there’s no use for town clothes in GW2

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Xabu.3754

Xabu.3754

At the very least, Town Clothes should flag to your account similar to Achivement skins and be usable by any character. Multiple sets of town clothes would take up significantly less space since you could simply delete ones you didn’t need and pick them back up later.

Sent with love from the lush Maguuma jungle.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

I don’t think they’re stupid. I do, however, think they’re an unfinished, poorly-thought-out component of the game and I hope they’re somewhere on the overhaul to-do list, because they could be awesome.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

I can see roleplayers using them.

Personally, I would prefer if there was an option to automatically toggle townclothes when you enter a major city.

But town clothes as armor? Hell no. The last thing we need is a bunch of dorks running around wearing top hats and boxing gloves while swinging around a Twilight.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I can see roleplayers using them.

Personally, I would prefer if there was an option to automatically toggle townclothes when you enter a major city.

But town clothes as armor? Hell no. The last thing we need is a bunch of dorks running around wearing top hats and boxing gloves while swinging around a Twilight.

Yeah, the nest thing they will be doing after that is wearing glowy wings and using bows that shoot off unicorns with the ANet logo on them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Hondrus.5192

Yeah, the nest thing they will be doing after that is wearing glowy wings and using bows that shoot off unicorns with the ANet logo on them.

I’m new but I’ve seen people with wings I think

(edited by Hondrus.5192)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’m new but I’ve seen people with wings I think

Yep, the game has both glowy wings and bows that shoot unicorns with the ANet logo on their butt. It also has cutesie backpacks such as the Quaggan one. And if they have all of these then Olbas objections are meaningless

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I would love to wear the pirate town clothes as armor.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

I use town clothes.
I don’t have to see my heavy armour professions in large steel plates all the time. I’ll swap to my town clothes on them when I’m just talking or waiting around.

It has no real purpose, but it’s fun. Very underdeveloped though.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss