Making back my money

Making back my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Just blew my entire savings (75g) into the Mystic forge. Advice on how to make it back?

Making back my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bravix.3497

Bravix.3497

Figure out how to go back in time to prevent your horrible mistake.

Making back my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: arcqe.6734

arcqe.6734

sell your body.

usually somewhere

Making back my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: OnionXI.6735

OnionXI.6735

Recognize that you may have a gambling problem and take steps from doing it in the future.

Making back my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tindahbawx.5317

Tindahbawx.5317

Were you following set recipes or just throwing random stuff in there?

Making back my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wolfgang Michael.8217

Wolfgang Michael.8217

75G Ouch! Savings, and now its gone!

Making back my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I was throwing a bunch of Axiquitols into the forge, hoping to get The Hunter.

I had heard Exotics have a higher chance of a precursor, so I figured “Why not?”. Didn’t get it in the end…

Making back my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hippocampus.8470

Hippocampus.8470

To make back your money, do whatever you did to make that much money in the first place. It seemed to work for you before, after all.

(And I would imagine that, even though exotics give a better precursor rate than rares, the long-term financial prospect might be better if you only throw in rares and sell every exotic you get out.)

Making back my money

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Duplicated.4715

Duplicated.4715

One suggestion if you’re fishing for the precursor: use yellow, not exotic. With yellow, the cost is lower. Sure, you have lower chance of getting the precursor, but they are cheaper, which means you can try more often for the same amount of gold. Plus, there is a chance that your rare might upgrade into an exotic, which will greatly help lower down your overall costs.

Lastly, we don’t really know what’s the exact % number for precursors just yet. Some people have thrown in tens of thousands of weapons hoping for a precursor, and came up with nothing. So, better not to dump all your money into MF just yet.