Making money using TP?

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bigmooky.9106

bigmooky.9106

How can I make money I’m very sick of champ farming and the youtube guides are dated so can someone help me?

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Buy things, sell them for more.

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

what he said ^^^^

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

First rule of TP club is not to reveal our own little money making niche.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

bigmooky.9106

Pleaaaase

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Pleaaaase

Ok, i will tell you because you said Pleaaaase:

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

bigmooky.9106

Pleaaaase

There’s no faster way I guess?

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: matemaster.2168

matemaster.2168

How can I make money I’m very sick of champ farming and the youtube guides are dated so can someone help me?

To start making some gold from TP you need investment capital.
So I recommend you to farm at least 150g then you can try to make investment long/short-time, high/low-margin, low/high-risk

I started with shortime investments, low margin (max 12%), low risk. But the market changed significantly since that but it is still possible to find some investment oportunities

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Pleaaaase

Buy things fast, sell them for more.

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Player Character.9467

Pleaaaase

Buy things fast, sell them for more fast.

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Pleaaaase

Buy things fast, sell them for more fast.

Let me give you an example:

You buy 100 items for 60 silver each and relist them for 1g each you will make 25 gold profit, once they sold because you have to pay 5% listing fee and 10% tax.

Now we assume they sell within 1 hour, so you have 25g profit/h.

If you buy those 100 items again for 60 and list them for 90 silver, your profit will be 16.5 gold.

But due to your bargain bin price of 90 silver for this awesome OP items, they will sell within 30 minutes, giving you effectively 33g profit/hour.

> fast profitz$$$$$$lulz

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Put all your money into Lodestones. They’re at rock bottom prices, and with certain updates coming, I guarantee you they’ll be in demand in the future!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Be nice.

15 Charr

RIP City of Heroes

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Be nice.

15 Charr

We didnt go off topic yet.

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Not sharing our secrets is one thing, giving him bad info is altogether something else. Bad form.

RIP City of Heroes

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’m actually serious. Lodestones are still required for a number of high level weapons. And with some type of Precursor crafting coming up, there will be a spike in the Lodestone prices initially, and a slow trickle upwards once we find out how the process will be put in place. On top of that, I’m assuming Legendary armor will require Lodestones too.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Not sharing our secrets is one thing, giving him bad info is altogether something else. Bad form.

The info is actually spot on in a general sense.

I dont see a single post that i would deem misleading or false, maybe the tip about the lodestones is a bit speculative but i would lie, if i would say that i didnt buy any lodestones in the past couple of days that i dont need right now.

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

All we’ve been told is crafting precursors is coming by year’s end. So just have him hold onto inventory for up to the next 3 months waiting for the price surge. I’m thinking he’s looking for ways to make big cash now not big cash maybe later.

Lets look at lodestone prices. Pretty much all down since the Sept 3 patch, down 15-20% once it was clear that they weren’t needed in crafting legendary weapons. Except for the two cheapest supply has swollen. They are all less than 15% between high and low for a day so flipping is out. Lodestones are solely a long term hedge buy only if you think there will be a run on them.

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

you want specifics?
place buy order for Mystic Frame for 41g1c. when that’s filled, place sell listing for 99g95s97c. that’s a 44g profit (107.2%)!
I wouldn’t expect that to go through very quickly, but that’s the sort of thing that’s being described here. just find an item with low buy orders compared to it’s sell listings.

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

google making money on tp fast

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Player Character.9467

All we’ve been told is crafting precursors is coming by year’s end.

December 31st is a tuesday! Precursor craftin on new years eve!

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

It’s a lot of capital to tie up. Even the cheapest lodestones are over 40s each. If you’re capital poor these buy and hold ideas are painful.

RIP City of Heroes

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

um not really glacial lodestones were under 20 silver, I would guess their price is still similar to 20 silver, when the lodestone is less expensive than a bottle of elonian wine its probably time to buy.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Don’t buy the stuff that others buy. It’s usually a bad investment. That’s why people keep their niches to themselves. If they don’t, they’ll no longer be earning coin.
You have to understand that a niche is very easily spoiled; even one trigger-happy competitor can spoil it for you.

Anticipate what the market will do with certain changes. For example: while everyone is openly promoting buying t6 silk as a result of ascended armor crafting, they’re not telling you the obvious. Namely, that the new ascended armor will likely require way more investment from the lower level tiers of silk, similar to the current ascended weapon crafting recipes. So when you read that, you have to ask yourself: while playing the game, do I often come across tier 2 and 3 silk that often at lvl 80? If the answer is yes, don’t buy it. If the answer is no, it might be a good investment. Now, I’m not telling you to buy that stuff, because I honestly don’t know if it’s a good investment. I’m just saying that you while everyone is shouting buy this or that, you should be buying what you think is a good investment. Think for yourself, and coin will come rushing in by the buckets.

And yes, you’ll absolutely make mistakes and lose coin as well when speculating. We all do, it’s part of the learning curve.

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Don’t buy the stuff that others buy. It’s usually a bad investment. That’s why people keep their niches to themselves. If they don’t, they’ll no longer be earning coin.
You have to understand that a niche is very easily spoiled; even one trigger-happy competitor can spoil it for you.

Anticipate what the market will do with certain changes. For example: while everyone is openly promoting buying t6 silk as a result of ascended armor crafting, they’re not telling you the obvious. Namely, that the new ascended armor will likely require way more investment from the lower level tiers of silk, similar to the current ascended weapon crafting recipes. So when you read that, you have to ask yourself: while playing the game, do I often come across tier 2 and 3 silk that often at lvl 80? If the answer is yes, don’t buy it. If the answer is no, it might be a good investment. Now, I’m not telling you to buy that stuff, because I honestly don’t know if it’s a good investment. I’m just saying that you while everyone is shouting buy this or that, you should be buying what you think is a good investment. Think for yourself, and coin will come rushing in by the buckets.

And yes, you’ll absolutely make mistakes and lose coin as well when speculating. We all do, it’s part of the learning curve.

Good advice in general but i disagree with the part that i highlighted in your post.

Of course, you will need a decent amount of t2-5 cloth and leather to craft your weapon in the end but it will be nowhere near as high as the costs or amounts of gossamer you will need in order to level you craft from 400-500.

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

T2-T5 metals and wood went up 2x when ascended came out. T6 wood went up 8x and T6 metal went up 3×.
T6 is where the potential super-high profits are at, but T2-T5 won’t be left out.

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

All I’m going to say is watch the market from a website, and wait. Either that, or craft and do that. One of the two.

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KU Jayhawk.5803

KU Jayhawk.5803

There’s a great guide here on how to get started playing the Trading Post. The answer to the original question is (like anything), “you need to do your research.” This is a good place to start:

http://www.guildwars2tradingpost.com/

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Buttercup.5871

T2-T5 metals and wood went up 2x when ascended came out. T6 wood went up 8x and T6 metal went up 3×.
T6 is where the potential super-high profits are at, but T2-T5 won’t be left out.

The problem with that theory is that everybody knows this. Everybody. As a result, most people are going heavy into t6. Even now, they do. The problem with too many people going into one particular material is that you’re betting on no one to flinch. But there’s always someone that flinches, someone that went in heavy, and as a result, that market crashes. Too many people on one material is never good. It’s impossible to keep that particular material artificially expensive forever. Let’s not forget that t6 silk was about 1 silver one month ago. In the meantime, a lot more t6 silk has flown into the market (champ farming), not less – whereas the use of silk did not increase. Which means there’s literally millions and millions of t6 silk is itching in people’s banks.

Which goes to the core of what I was saying. Follow your own course. Maybe in this particular case I’m wrong, heck, I probably am. But at least I get to enjoy it a lot if I’m right, knowing that I figured it out on my own.

(edited by Buttercup.5871)

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

it’s too hard to hoard enough cheap materials to later sell for a profit. even if you got 100% profit after tax on thick leather sections, that’s only 8c each. 20s per stack. let’s say you filled all 4 of your guild bank caves (I think they hold 250 items each?) that’s 200g profit. that doesn’t even pay for the upgrades to get those bank caves. not nothing, but almost not worth the risk or hassle (selling 250,000 thick leather sections would take FOREVER)
T6, on the other hand, if that goes from 1s to 2s, you make 2.5g per stack = 2500g. now that’s a profit I’d drool over.
I learned this lesson during the baazar. I filled a bank tab and several alts with thick leather and silk. I made a profit, but it was barely worth it.

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Player Character.9467

Problem with comparing leather/cloth to wood/metal is that low tier wood/metal any1 can run out and harvest, low tier equipment for salvaging drops for low level characters.

Making money using TP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Buttercup.5871

it’s too hard to hoard enough cheap materials to later sell for a profit. even if you got 100% profit after tax on thick leather sections, that’s only 8c each. 20s per stack. let’s say you filled all 4 of your guild bank caves (I think they hold 250 items each?) that’s 200g profit. that doesn’t even pay for the upgrades to get those bank caves. not nothing, but almost not worth the risk or hassle (selling 250,000 thick leather sections would take FOREVER)
T6, on the other hand, if that goes from 1s to 2s, you make 2.5g per stack = 2500g. now that’s a profit I’d drool over.
I learned this lesson during the baazar. I filled a bank tab and several alts with thick leather and silk. I made a profit, but it was barely worth it.

Why are you using silk in your example, and the cheapest form of leather in mine? That’s just wrong. I never even mentioned leather, either.

Instead of leather, let’s use cotton, t3 silk. You can craft cotton bolts at around 2s28 per bolt. They’re currently at 3s each, it’s not unreasonable to assume that in the days after the patch, they’ll go to 7s. You’ll make about 9g per stack of bolts of cotton in that case (pure profit, after deduction of the TP cost).

If you want to do a comparison, at least do it properly.