Math is an opinion on trading post

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Plague.3174

Plague.3174

First of all for some items that I’m selling I don’t get the gold but that’s fine, after all I’m an italian player and I’m used to see money disappear from my “trading post”.

Second, I just noticed that this morning I put to sale 2 items for a total of 7gold and a few silvers.
I just logged in and SURPRISE! Items were sold but that’s not all the story because there is another SURPRISE! The gold I have for pickup is 4gold and 20 silver.

I’m not a math genius but are italian taxes applied to this trading post? Even if that is true, 3 golds out of 7 are missing so that would be around 40% taxes for what I’m selling?

I’m trying to joke on it but in the last days I’m getting angry with this game every single day.
First, an update that was made last monday screwed my game because when I go in party with someone I experience massive lag and get an error 7.×.×.x.x and just get disconnected.
I can’t do dungeons or world vs world or pvp and I just hit lvl 80 a few weeks ago so I don’t find it fun to levelup another character.
Second, I decided to craft items and make some gold until this gets fixed but it looks like someone hates me and wants to screw my game experience.

What’s going on? What should I do apart going back to the old mmorpg that I played for 6 years?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sorrow.7452

Sorrow.7452

You are buying and selling for US servers, that is just the VAT on exporting.

In all honesty you aren’t the first to report unaccounted money lost from the TP. I would write an in game ticket contesting the return on the sale.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: morphemass.2850

morphemass.2850

If you go into your sold items tab, what price does it say they sold for?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Plague.3174

If you go into your sold items tab, what price does it say they sold for?

For the price I listed them. The first thing I thought of was that I made an error at writing the price so I checked that tab and the prices were 5 gold and silver and the other one 1 gold and silvers (the sum is more than 100 silvers so this is why the total should be around 7 gold)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Sounds almost like you only got the payment for one item so far. This has never happened to me in the past, but reading here on the forums it can sometimes take a bit to show up.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Plague.3174

Sounds almost like you only got the payment for one item so far. This has never happened to me in the past, but reading here on the forums it can sometimes take a bit to show up.

If is that, well I’m still waiting the 12 gold for the first bag I ever crafted with tailoring that is listed as sold yesterday morning while I never got the gold(that requires the rune from the vendor that costs 10 gold on its own).

But I don’ get it, I already pay a tax when I want to list the item. Is there another tax for when the item gets sold? I’ve seen that somewhere here on the forum but I don’t know if it’s true

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kethryes.5712

Kethryes.5712

There is 5% listing sale (that you pay and lose forever when you post your item) and a 10% tax when the object is actually sold, taken from the benefits of the sale.

So a total of 15% tax given you do not remove and relist your item multiple times.

On other news, did you completely clear you pick up tab? Because the gold will not appear if you have too many items waiting to be picked up.
(Pick up tab only shows the ~100 first items, and gold is treated as an item in their list

in Black Lion Trading Co

Plague.3174

There is 5% listing sale (that you pay and lose forever when you post your item) and a 10% tax when the object is actually sold, taken from the benefits of the sale.

So a total of 15% tax given you do not remove and relist your item multiple times.

On other news, did you completely clear you pick up tab? Because the gold will not appear if you have too many items waiting to be picked up.
(Pick up tab only shows the ~100 first items, and gold is treated as an item in their list

Yes I did check and cleared the pickup tab and still nothing.
Wow, 15% that’s a lot, there is no way I can earn something by buying mats and crafting items and then sell. Thanks for the info.