Mini Caithe/Holo Scarlet Problem

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Now they ruined Mr. Sparkles too to milk miniature collectors even more. We pay 1000 gems (sometimes 400 for a single one) for 4 new miniatures every other patch and an armor set only costs 800 gems.
They should definatly do some quality of life updates for miniatures before milking collectors all the time.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Shakes head…

It’s okay for weapon skins and precursors to be ridiculously expensive, but not minis.

Actually that’s working as intended.

A high precursor price leads people who (therefore) can’t afford a legendary to the gemstore for an exclusive skin alternative.

A low mini price, particularly in the rare/exotic range, stimulates people to start collecting because now the end goal of completing the full mini set suddenly seems reachable.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Lots of Mini collectors were complaining about Mr Sparklers. And while I wish he was sold in the gem store instead of this promotion at least it’s a way to get him other than going to an event or trying to win from a fan site.

I have had my sparkles for some time now. I was very lucky a friend had an extra and that friend is generous. Many are not so lucky.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

They should definatly do some quality of life updates for miniatures before milking collectors all the time.

No. They milk pretty much everyone equally. I suspect you’re just personally a little more affected than others by this specific milking. Perhaps it is time to rethink how much you spend on and value things that could disappear whenever the power is shut down.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

“No. They milk pretty much everyone equally” Sadly this is how I feel. Mini collectors do indeed get milked every release. spend 1k gems for 4 minis. Winters day is tough this year because they are kitten ed cute and would love to add them to my collection. But with continuing practices and recent trends I cannot support AN at this time.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

Since the big sale, the exotic minis have gone up again in price and are now higher than before. I got oakheart for 37g and now that buy order would not even show up in the list. If anyone missed it, just wait for the next chance. I blew the one before this (Dragon bash) and didn’t realize they’d been there for the taking until it was all over. Something will come up to get them to drop again, after most people have taken their orders down to reclaim their gold.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

As a collector I’d much rather the minis be cheap and accessible to everyone who wants them. I have no problem paying large amounts of gold to get minis, but if I can get them cheaply I certainly won’t complain.

Some of my favourite minis are the easily accessible ones, like the Imps and the polar bear. I like them for their own sake, because they look cool and are fun to have running around, not because it’s something other people may not be able to afford.

(Which is not to say I don’t like the rare ones, I do, but again it’s because I like the mini itself rather than because it’s rare.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

I personally think this is awesome! While a few entitled collectors no doubt will whine about how they lost virtual property value, the main point is still that they paid fair price for their minis at the time of purchase. Overall this allows for more minis to be traded, thereby stimulating the market.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

I find it quite extraordinary someone would bother collecting mini pets, let alone grinding to spend 100’s of gold on acquiring them. At least with collecting dyes, another endless cosmetic pursuit, you can use them, while minis do nothing!

If we could have more than one mini out at a time, at least my 25+ mini Balthz priest army would be a laugh for 30 secs …

I opened 60 BLC’s with the recent key sale and I recall seeing at least 2 of the Caith minis and perhaps a Scarlet one pop out as well. My interest in them was such that I didn’t even bother checking if they were tradable, let alone have any value!
I just sent them to my bank and forgot they dropped until I saw this thread.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Two minis to rule them all;
One key to grind them;
Two minis to kill them all;
And in toilets bind them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

I find it quite extraordinary someone would bother collecting mini pets, let alone grinding to spend 100’s of gold on acquiring them. At least with collecting dyes, another endless cosmetic pursuit, you can use them, while minis do nothing!

I thought that too, but I had a bunch of gold and didn’t really want anything else. Plus I can always just sell them if I decide I don’t want them anymore, unlike dyes.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

I opened 60 BLC’s with the recent key sale and I recall seeing at least 2 of the Caith minis and perhaps a Scarlet one pop out as well. My interest in them was such that I didn’t even bother checking if they were tradable, let alone have any value!

I find it quite extraordinary that anyone would buy (with gold or $) tickets for a lottery with odds far worse than the tickets you can buy at a convenience store.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

I find it quite extraordinary that anyone would buy (with gold or $) tickets for a lottery with odds far worse than the tickets you can buy at a convenience store.

Humm … This a matter of perspective.
I buy keys when they are on sale to open chests with no particular purpose in mind. I am mainly looking for useful consumables, i.e. repair canisters, BL salvage kits various boosters and the like.

Those 60 chests netted me shed load of this stuff, enough to last me for months, so this far from playing a lottery for me. The fact that more valuable things like minis, backbacks and weapon skin tickets drop is a bonus.

I agree that anyone buying keys for the sole purpose of expecting a particular item to drop is playing a bad lottery.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver