Mini Market Dieing

Mini Market Dieing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: God of Gods.7235

God of Gods.7235

Prices have dropped so much in the past few days Will they ever go back up?

Mini Market Dieing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Maybe not. Many players have multiples of them I had 5 and sold 4, just from 3 days of playing. With such a glut on the market, it may be years before it goes up.

Mini Market Dieing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

…I like the sound of that.

I didn’t start collecting the kitten things in GW1 till they started getting below 3plat…
Infact I never would have gotten the first 20 for HOM if they hadn’t.

Mini Market Dieing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

Considering mini’s are regulated by gem store price, yes they will go back up once enough LEGIT buyers(new players) start collecting them and the new mini is done pumping the economy full of rares and other greens. It may take a few months but it will eventually balance out with the lack of Mini pack purchases when it’s cheaper to trade your gems for gold and directly purchase a bunch of mini’s.

Balance of supply and demand.

Mini Market Dieing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

I’m so tired of seeing this everywhere. Can we find a new term for ignorant fools to use in the future?

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Mini Market Dieing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Osi.3504

I’m so tired of seeing this everywhere. Can we find a new term for ignorant fools to use in the future?

Not sure, you seem to be the only ignorant one here. Facts were stated how the game operates, that is why rares WERE up to 7-9 gold at one time, it’s called supply and demand, which is being regulated by the Mini pack in the gem store. Only reason the price of them dropped is the current in-game source which will no longer exist after July 9th. Go take a midol buddy.

Mini Market Dieing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Hurdur. SUPPLY DEMAND DURR kitten

When you learn what Supply and Demand means in an open market, driven by players, then you’ll understand.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Mini Market Dieing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Osi.3504

Hurdur. SUPPLY DEMAND DURR kitten

When you learn what Supply and Demand means in an open market, driven by players, then you’ll understand.

Agreed, he’s already having a metldown and doesn’t seem to comprehend too well.

More minatures entering the game a day {than} collectors/new players
<<< supply(high)>>>—————————————— <<<demand(low)>>>

Results? A drop…. and once in-game minatures are done being obtained (no more minatures entering the game aside from the current over priced gem pack….. new players will slowly buy them to keep or forge for better quality/profit creating a dump in minatures raising the price, which will make them eventually worth buying with gem packs again… (slowly bringing more into the game).

Apprently just saying supply and demand is too much, cause the “hurr durrs” can’t even comprehend how a market works to realize the simple “supply and demand” answer, so may aswell detail it to them.

(edited by Osi.3504)

Mini Market Dieing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Supply and demand is a law, which means everything in the economy is bound by that law. Let’s dissect the mini market.

Demand is mostly fuelled by the collector title. That’s a one time thing for each account.

Supply is always increasing because minis don’t bind on account, not even for the title.

That means that people who got the title can actually sell their minis again.

Ergo, demand is pretty constant, maybe even shrinking over time, while supply is ever increasing.

Therefor prices of minis will never rise.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Mini Market Dieing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Osi.3504

Of course they will rise, unless they keep making in-game mini’s that are obtainable. Eventually the new players will outscale the amount of people buying mini packs that are not worth it.

Mini Market Dieing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

Prices have dropped so much in the past few days Will they ever go back up?

I would say that minis market starts to be reasonable for normal players not some money freak flippers and CoF Farmers that have too much money.
Minis were supposed be accesible, not like buy 1 exotic mini for 100g+… LOL…

MINIS MARKET IS NOW BETTER THAN EVER AND I HOPE IT WILL BE DOWN FOR GOOD AND EVEN LOWER!!!

Mini Market Dieing

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Of course they will rise, unless they keep making in-game mini’s that are obtainable. Eventually the new players will outscale the amount of people buying mini packs that are not worth it.

Which will make mini packs worth it. Again, that’s supply and demand. However some people will keep dumping their minis on the market after gaining the title, so a small but consistent supply is all that’s needed to crash prices over time as demand wanes.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto