Missed 1000 gems because of 1 day

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chrisje.3462

Chrisje.3462

The Digital Deluxe Upgrade is now in a promotion of 50% off.
And of course this man here behind his laptop had to buy the upgrade the day before…
I’ve been waiting on a promotion for items in the gem store like the digital deluxe upgrade, but was so annoyed it never came, that I just decided to buy it for the full 2000 gems.
To be honest, I feel quite scammed. Please check when I bought that upgrade and you’ll see that it was yesterday, the day right before the promotion comes.
Of course it is coincidence, but I’d like a refund of 1000 gems, because in my eyes this is quite lame.

Thanks for reading, I hope I get my refund :/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

The forum is generally for players to discuss the game, no one here has the authority to give you anything.

There is a link to Support at the top of the page. Click it and click “submit a request” at the top of the Support page to discuss the matter with a Customer Service agent.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Chrisje.3462

I did not know, I have no experience with the forums or the support system.
Request for close then.

Sorry!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

submit a ticket if it was latterly the day before they might discount it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

They also might not refund it. Do you go to the store and demand they refund you the difference between an item you bought the day before it goes on sale, and it’s sale price? Some people do, unfortunately, it’s entirely up to the business whether or not they’ll bother doing the refund. It’s also like asking for a refund on on the gas you purchase an hour before the price went down 2 cents.

Also… You clearly missed when it was on sale for nearly 2 weeks. Which ended 2-3 weeks ago. Here’s the news announcement stating the sale was going on: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/new-drum-instrument-and-avian-minis-in-the-gem-store/ (Cant find the one that announced the dates it was going on, April 3rd-15th I believe it was)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

The time doesn’t matter, be it half a day, a day or a week…it’s always been known that discounts and item re-sales happen from time to time, this isn’t the first time the deluxe has had a discount, it’s up to the players to either wait or buy it at the normal price…

There’s a lesson here for everyone, wait for it no matter how long it takes, or if you buy ahead like OP did for whatever reason, abide by it because that’s the decision you made, doesn’t look good to complain afterward for a refund, just saying.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

This is the 2nd time it went on sale in the past month. If you missed it the first time, that’s your fault, not Anet’s.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Chrisje.3462

I have been out of town from April 3rd till April 15th, so I didn’t know there was a sale on the item. The time before and after I’ve checked the store every day for the promotion. Even though this might sound like a lame excuse, I know for myself it is true.
Arenanet may check my activity during that time if they want and it makes you feel better.
Aidan’s argument about the gas is not really a good one since he’s talking about 2 cents and I’m talking about double the price, which is 1000 gems. Not nothing in my opinion.
If I lost only 100-200 gems, I wouldn’t even bother of course.
All I can do is just ask for a refund. I’m not raging or demanding the 1000 gems. Just explaining my problem and hoping I can get the gems back, which in my eyes is a huge amount.
Making a forum topic turned out to be really stupid, since now everyone wants to play one of my parents. Wish I knew there was a private support section before I posted this

Once again, if any moderator comes past this, could you please close or delete the topic?

in Black Lion Trading Co

tolunart.2095

Once again, if any moderator comes past this, could you please close or delete the topic?

Use the “report” flag in the first post in this thread to report it, state that you created the topic and request that it be closed.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

They officially posted that they would be running ‘sales’ for nearly every Gemstore item on a daily basis for the last two months. They also advised that, if there is a particular item you’ve had your eyes on, then keep on eye on the Gemstore, because you will, most likely find that item at a large discount over the course of the month. They also encouraged players to keep an eye out by offering many FREE Gemstore items over the course of that time. As someone who drives daily in heavy traffic, I always have the motto: “Your impatience doesn’t constitute an emergency on my behalf…”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kaat.8237

kaat.8237

Yes, people do try to get the current sale price on items they bought the previous week at regular prices. And where I work, we will do price adjustments for them. Anet has done price adjustments for Gemstore items that were bought recently enough before a sale, through the support system. Given the numbers of folks requesting refunds for changed town clothes, and duplicate armor sets, it may take while if they do decide to do a price adjustment for the OP.

MARA on Gunner’s Hold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

They officially posted that they would be running ‘sales’ for nearly every Gemstore item on a daily basis for the last two months. They also advised that, if there is a particular item you’ve had your eyes on, then keep on eye on the Gemstore, because you will, most likely find that item at a large discount over the course of the month. They also encouraged players to keep an eye out by offering many FREE Gemstore items over the course of that time. As someone who drives daily in heavy traffic, I always have the motto: “Your impatience doesn’t constitute an emergency on my behalf…”

CALM YOURSELF IAGO

I think he is agreeing with you but just saying, ’dang that sucks, anyway I can get a refund? ’

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

Can’t say I’m a fan of the SALE SALE SALE culture of microtransactions in online gaming (where sale price is basically the real price and customers are under constant pressure to buy at the right time to maximise their savings).

That said, them’s the breaks when it comes to sales. It’s frustrating, but that’s marketing for you.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

so basically if you went to a shop and bought an item for a $100 dollar, and then the next day the shop offer the item for $50, you’re entitled for a refund ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Silalus.8760

Silalus.8760

so basically if you went to a shop and bought an item for a $100 dollar, and then the next day the shop offer the item for $50, you’re entitled for a refund ?

Everyone seems angry. Must be an internet thing – we should all go play a game or something. If only there was some kind of massively multiplayer online game we could all play together to relax.

in Black Lion Trading Co

tolunart.2095

It depends on local/national laws but in some cases, yes, they have to refund the difference if an item goes on sale within a specific period (usually two weeks) after you bought it. It’s also good for customer relations, people will tend not to shop there if they think there’s going to be a sale next week. So if you bring in your receipt to show that you actually recently bought the item that just went on sale, often the store will refund the difference.

(edited by tolunart.2095)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I strongly doubt it’s because of any kind of law. Simply put, they dont need to. If they do, it’s an act of goodwill and charity in the hopes you’ll continue being a customer. That’s also why anet’s currently giving refunds if you purchased duplicate skins off the gemstore with cash.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Chrisje.3462

Well thanks for the people that understand what I was trying to bring here
Once again, I don’t demand a refund, but I can only try, right?
I will probably still buy from the gem store, even if I don’t get a refund. But it it’s still worth trying imo…
But I also really understand you guys’ arguments of course, it’s just really frustrating.
After a better thinkover, I believe I bought the upgrade within 6 hours before the sale went up. Not trying to get compassion here, just please try for one moment to stand in my shoes. In your eyes I might be that ignorant whining 20 year old guy that can’t live with his mistakes, but I think some of you guys would probably react the same if they were in my place.
For the ones that know they’re better than that and they’ll never do that, good. That’s a nice perk to have in life. But I don’t have it, sorry.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Just try it. They seem to be pretty fair with their store policy and they don’t lose those gems they refund, you’re going to spend them still anyway.
By being nice about it they also make you more likely to buy gems in the future.

So, I’d give it a shot. I think you have a decent chance of getting 1000 gems back.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss