Molten Pick - 1 reason I dont want to buy it

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

The description says that it has the same efficiency like the Orichalcum Mining Pick. But I really need a confirmation from a dev – if, eventually, you guys release a new patch/expansion/whatever you wana call it, and therefore you introuduce a new tier of mats and mining pick, what exactly will happen to the Molten Pick? Is it still going to be viable and updated?

Same question goes to all the future cash shop tools for harvesting and logging axe that you are going to introduce soon.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The item itself states that it can mine all metals.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LotusThief.4613

LotusThief.4613

The only metal greater then orichalcum would be adamantium and you can’t mine that. But you can melt it down. Pretty sure a molten pick can handle that.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

I personally bought it as a novelty item…I like the animation and I help out the developers of a game that I really enjoy with the gems that I bought. WIN/WIN imho.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Chances are it won’t be upgraded because in around 2 years they’ll come out with a new one for you to buy. The pick clearly states that it’s an unlimited use orichalcum mining pick, so they have no reason to upgrade it for free since it wasn’t sold with that feature. Doing so would only cause complaints, probably more so than if they didn’t, since a lot of people seem to claim they didn’t get one solely for its unlimited usage.

If the next metal they release is just a level above orichalcum, there probably won’t be another pick for quite a long while. If however they release an expansion with a whole tier of new nodes (copper v2, iron v2, mithril v2, etc) expect a new set of tools roughly a year after each expansion. There is also the possibility that there will never be higher level nodes, and instead they will simply add new nodes under orichalcum, similar to passion flowers. Unfortunately, that would probably also mean more heavy RNG.

The item itself states that it can mine all metals.

As does the orichalcum mining pick which would mean it would also be upgraded with the ability to mine all future metals.

The tooltip is just for simplicity, rather than listing every known metal in the game like a technical description would. Since currently, the in-game assumption is that no metals beyond orichalcum exist, the pick can have that description, rather than saying something like “can mine all known metals” which would factor in the unknown. Like the real world, when the unknown is found, the description will have to be changed.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Saechao.8059

Saechao.8059

The pick says it has the same efficiency as the Orichalcum Mining Pick.

The Orichalcum Mining Pick description reads: Used to mine all metals.