Molten Pick

Molten Pick

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gaviston Hawkington.9647

Gaviston Hawkington.9647

I bought one of these even though I knew it was soulbound. I hope that ANet will do the right thing and expand this to account bound down the road.

However, I got to thinking. This still wouldn’t prevent Anet from creating new nodes (i.e. Unobtainium) that the Molten Pick could not harvest. Thoughts?

Molten Pick

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Anet makes more money if it’s soulbound. And the pick is more convenience than pay2win, so I don’t think it matters if people complain a whole lot about it. It’s not gamebreaking.

As for creating new nodes, that’s all speculation and most likely at least a year away from consideration. Even if they do create more, it’s a measley $10, which is what, +25g in game? You can get that in under a week. I get that in a day.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Molten Pick

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

Anet makes more money if it’s soulbound. And the pick is more convenience than pay2win, so I don’t think it matters if people complain a whole lot about it. It’s not gamebreaking.

As for creating new nodes, that’s all speculation and most likely at least a year away from consideration. Even if they do create more, it’s a measley $10, which is what, +25g in game? You can get that in under a week. I get that in a day.

You make 25g a day? Are you on all day or just mindless cof farming?

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

Molten Pick

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

He plays Trader Wars 2, not Guild Wars 2.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Molten Pick

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

It will never be account bound. Anet knew enough people would buy it to make a good profit, but by keeping it soulbound the majority would not. Having it account bound effectively would make mining picks useless, which would, believe it or not, affect the economy. Ori picks especially are gold sinks.

Molten Pick

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

Sad that players these days see 25g as a lot for one session of playing.

He plays Trader Wars 2, not Guild Wars 2.

Some people actually made smart decisions when the game came out, for example, spamming their account with more character slots and all kinds of upgrades that were much cheaper then. Resulting in much greater gold gain.

Not everything is trade wars. Surprise surprise, some of us know what we’re doing in this game.

1+1 = potato

Molten Pick

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Honestly I’ve only done cof1 once and didn’t like it. Plus, no one like a MF-leeching guardian

I get 25G in about 4-5 hours of gameplay. No TP trading. Just farming.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Molten Pick

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cinnamon Goddess.3869

Cinnamon Goddess.3869

I get 25G in about 4-5 hours of gameplay. No TP trading. Just farming.

Where do you farm? I haven’t seen or heard of anybody making anywhere that amount of gold it that amount of time. It seems absurd and I have to assume you are lying unless you can prove me wrong..and please do I would appreciate the help!

As for it being soul bound I feel that this is a mistake on Arena-nets behalf. They are simply limiting their own profit. They are also limiting it because they are being greedy and charging $10 for a pick. Everyone knows if they do well then a $10 axe and sickle will be soon to follow. It isn’t that $10 is a lot, it is that $10 for an imaginary item that they can multiply and infinite amount of times is a lot. The ease at which they make it doesn’t reflect the price and therefor many people feel cheated by their pricing.

They also contradict themselves by past comments of their comparison of themselves to other monthly fee MMO’s. By stating that if you pay a monthly fee then there is no guarantee that the MMO will give you any content or your money’s worth of it because they already have your money . I completely agree with this comment as many should but this comment could either be sincere or a PR stunt. Arena-net stated that they are putting themselves in the situation to have to provide content that players want in order to make their money. the is admirable if done for the right reasons but when they try to make money off of very little content or effort, as it is the same, then they are in danger of looking like hypocrites! I am happy to support Arena-net but they need to show me that they are willing to deserve my support by giving me my moneys worth and not pricing imaginary objects at similar pricing as other MMO’s. They claim to be different and that is why I am supporting them. Don’t prove me wrong! I can stop supporting them just as quickly.

Molten Pick

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Making 5 gold / hr or 25 gold in 5 hrs is easy farming events in Cursed Shore now, if you sell everything that drops. If you want to keep all the mats/bags, you can make 2-3 gold / hr selling all the junk, blues and greens. Also, over 5 hrs you will get 3-4 rare drops.

All the MF leechers have left, so plenty of mobs left for the players who know how to survive and play.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Molten Pick

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

LoL, I got decked out in MF once and it felt like it took an hour to kill something. I’ll just stick with the food for my extra magic find. Gear never really got me anything except headache. Then again I’ve NEVER had any sort of good fortune with rng in my MMO days.

Molten Pick

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Air.3154

Air.3154

LoL, I got decked out in MF once and it felt like it took an hour to kill something. I’ll just stick with the food for my extra magic find. Gear never really got me anything except headache. Then again I’ve NEVER had any sort of good fortune with rng in my MMO days.

If you never had fortune in any mmo, go figures with this incredibly stupid RNG they’re using.
In a month of pandaria i dropped at least 3-4 epix from mobs, in guild wars after 8 months i still have to drop an exotic.

Molten Pick

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Then your personal luck sucks. It doesn’t say one word for all those that have found exotics, one or hundreds of times by now. And by consequence, it says nothing about the RNG except that it’s random.

Molten Pick

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Air.3154

Air.3154

Then your personal luck sucks. It doesn’t say one word for all those that have found exotics, one or hundreds of times by now. And by consequence, it says nothing about the RNG except that it’s random.

Sorry, but after months of events and chests and dungeons, i can at least say that it’s a crappy random? C:
Can i have a personal opinion?
Or shall it be eaten by fanboys as well?