Molton Alliance Pick Idea!!! 20% Chance

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: warchanter.9574

warchanter.9574

With the new update to the picks(20% chance to gain sprockets when mining a node) I thought I would throw up an idea!
Add a 20% chance to get AZURITE ORB/CRYSTAL to the existing Molton Alliance Pick!
We did also pay for the pick why should this one be any different!(SLAP ….‘yells’ IN THE FACE! )Considering there is no way to get these items in game unless brought off the Trading Post. You can bring back the mining pick as a featured item and I bet a lot would buy over the other (20% sprokect one)!

Thanks!

[DaP] Warchanter -Mesmer – TC
[DaP] Bench War Mer -Gaurdian – TC

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Better idea, give ANet a chance to apologize for an obvious PTW item slipping into the gem store so they can remove it and move on.

If not, then I don’t see it ending well, as the original idea was to give players the convenience of not having to buy gathering tools perpetually. Nowhere in the game is there a pick that can harvest sprockets, hence this in not convenient, it is however giving an advantage.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

This does feel more kind of like a face slap for anyone who already bought a pick in the past. I can accept the new theme being clockworks and I’d even be interested in possible switching if I felt this worked better for a class like engineer (which I’m guessing its aimed at) but this new “addition” is a bit hurtful. sure it costs a little more but its principle of the matter more then anything

#ELEtism

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

There are already 2 threads about these picks as convenience items or advantage items. Anyway: For the same price all gathering tools should have the same abillities, now and in future. So either remove the extra bonus or add it to all excisting 1000 gems picks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

I think it should have a 20% chance to completely melt the node, making it inaccessible to everyone.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Better idea, give ANet a chance to apologize for an obvious PTW item slipping into the gem store so they can remove it and move on.

If not, then I don’t see it ending well, as the original idea was to give players the convenience of not having to buy gathering tools perpetually. Nowhere in the game is there a pick that can harvest sprockets, hence this in not convenient, it is however giving an advantage.

It’s not pay to win. You’ll make more money with regular picks than you ever will with this thing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

It’s not pay to win. You’ll make more money with regular picks than you ever will with this thing.

You have no idea what PTW is then. If you don’t pay, you no can has sprockets.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

this.
It is not about the sprockets- it is about the fact that it provides anything at all beyond convenience and extra character customization.

Gunnar’s Hold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: gobflinger.8653

gobflinger.8653

Would you call it just another ‘convenience-tool’? Lets not get into numbers, because I’m not smart like that – but I do remember a time when platinum ore was sold in stacks of a few millions, 1 copper over vendor-value. Price have gone up about 2000% since then.
- But that is beside the point – the game is their intellectual property and they can of course ruin it in any way they see fit; gradually grind it down, slowly, one cog at time making sure that all paths lead back to your wallet or why not just chop the head clean off and sell weapons – all gems-all day – for a measly sum of-whatever-think-is-way-to-much, You don’t need these weapons unless you’re one of those who wants to do twice as much damage!?

Delete the adjectives and you’ll have the facts.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarcShriek.5829

I mined sprockets just last night without this pick. You need to get your facts straight.
Also, since when were sprockets required to win. In a culture where anything other than berzerker gear is considered selfish, what do I need sprockets for?

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarcShriek.5829

Would you call it just another ‘convenience-tool’? Lets not get into numbers, because I’m not smart like that -….

You find no disagreement with this statement here. It’s because you’re, as you put it, “not smart like that”, you think this is pay to win.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

I think it should have a 20% chance to completely melt the node, making it inaccessible to everyone.

Best idea I’ve heard in a while… gave me a good laugh, thx!

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

It’s difficult to classify anything in the gem store as “pay to win” when the gold → gem function exists. It’s like purchasing something off the trading post, but as a 100% gold sink rather than 15%, with 85% going to another player. As more people buy the item, the gems it cost will become more expensive in in-game gold (treat as depleting TP supply).

This is really blown out of proportion if you consider a gold->gem feature exists. What I don’t like that it is likely a limited time item, so players after this is removed miss out on the advantage.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

20% chance to get a precursor.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Oh yah, a chance to get an item that sells for 5+ gold is totally equivellent to a chance to get an item that sells for 40c.

I don’t agree with this one single item having a chance to harvest sprockets either, but that certainly doesn’t mean they should go adding a much, MUCH worse “extra function” to others.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

20% chance to get a company reply on forums.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

20% chance to get a company reply on forums.

Your percentage chance would be better at getting the precursor.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

I mined sprockets just last night without this pick. You need to get your facts straight.
Also, since when were sprockets required to win. In a culture where anything other than berzerker gear is considered selfish, what do I need sprockets for?

Silly. My facts are pristine. You cannot mine sprokets from any gathering node that is not the meta reward in your home instance. These picks ADD loot to all nodes in the world.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ