More items in the Gem Store

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Artemis.4058

Artemis.4058

I want to spend money in the Gem Store, but there is nothing good to buy. I’m a new player. I joined a few days ago when they had the 40% off sale going. Coming from someone who spends tons of money on meaningless virtual items ($980 something on league of legend skins .-.), there is absolutely nothing in the Gem store I’d consider buying. There is a huge untapped revenue source here that you’ve failed to capitalize on.

Some suggestions:

1. Serious skins or any permanent skins in general. Having something be “permanent” pulls some kind of psychological trick. I almost bought the Executioner’s outfit until I realized it was not usable in combat. Also, I’m not looking to buy a bunny backpack.

2. New spell animations. For ex. the Necromancer’s staff claw ability could be reworked into a laughing skull.

3. Voice packs. (Who wouldn’t want to listen to Samuel L. Jackson

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

“Who wouldn’t want to listen to Samuel L. Jackson”

Sounds expensive to get him to do VO work.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

Also, I’m not looking to buy a bunny backpack.

Bunny? Do you think this is some kind of game!?

Attachments:

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

+1 for 30 Rock gif

Voice packs would be very expensive to do; there’s so much personal story dialog to record that it’s just not practical. And that’s not even factoring the cost of getting a big-name celebrity like Samuel L. Jackson, hah.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Batdogi.7142

Batdogi.7142

Rather than chew up the entire VO budget getting S.L.J. They’re more likely to hire Ralph Garman, then have him do eleventy brazilian voices for different characters and still have money left over.

“Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.”
? Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kaiser.5439

Kaiser.5439

yea, the type of items available on the gem store is pretty pathetic considering how long the games been out.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I agree the gem store could have more and I’m a frequent gem purchaser. That said, on the other hand whenever something cool is added to the gem store it draws out the, “ANET is greedy!” crowd and they complain resources should be used for other aspects of the game. It seems to be a no win situation.

The Burninator

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

You can play the game just fine without buying anything out of the ca$h $hop. NCsoft thanks you for supporting WildStar should you decide to, though.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Buy gems, convert to gold. Now you can buy all kinds of stuff.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vexido.7041

Vexido.7041

if gem store sux so much why is than 1g = 14gems :p

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

yeah because you can really really buy something with 14 gems -_-
a fair one would be 1G=100GEM but then again, allot of farmers and greedy richy rich holes love to biaaach about how expensive it should be instead of how it REALLY should be.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

In generel they are pushing the wrong kind of items in gemstore. They are thinking in lines of what in-game functionality we would like rather than what cool things we would like to see. As such we get kitten like swim speed boosters, trait reset which should not have been a gemstore item and in generel questionable stuff that seems like a clear attempt at catering as “real items” that is nice for you without making it Pay 2 Win. Let us buy more real skins (not the out of combat crap), more effects like finishers (which is already sold in way too many variants on short time), alternative voices, heck I would even let them sell an alternative game “border” (notice the black sketchy border you have around the game).

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

i dont like the design direction they go and the ppl which they have as target

most items they design are childish – i dont care bout all this quaggan crap
and same goes for the Legendarys

its like this game is made for girlish boyz who love to play with dolls

hope arenanet someday see most players in this game are far over 18 – atleast in my experience

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vexido.7041

Vexido.7041

im fine with gem store as it is curently , coz im using gold to buy gems ,and if they start putting rly good things in gems store ,1g will become equals to 5-10gems… , and this would be imposible for new ppl who just wants to buy things such as transmutation, bank tabs , char slots …

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I think the gem store does a surprisingly good job of offering convenience items, account upgrades, and skins without every upsetting the balance of the rest of the game. Only thing I really have to complain about there is the RNG-demanding Black Lion Chest, which I expect are mostly bought for the weapon tickets, instead of the store just selling the weapons outright. While the ticket system has made it much, much more tolerable than it used to be, you still wouldn’t see me gambling on it.

Well, that and I’d like to see their website sales applied to the in-game Digital Deluxe upgrade. I’m not going to pay 2000 gems when the main thing I want is the Mistfire Wolf, but I might be convinced to cough up the gold for it at 800. Maybe.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

(edited by Redenaz.8631)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

I find that the gem store doesn’t have enough utility items. I pvp and wvw. My goal would be to use the store to avoid about 90% of PvE. Surprised you can’t buy levels frankly. Would love an alt but the thought of PvEing another is blah.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Buying levels for most is considered pay to win. Considering you get exp for everything leveling isn’t difficult. In sPVP it’s useless and you level quickly just doing WVW unless you solo roam at a low level which I can’t really see as viable at all.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

I find that the gem store doesn’t have enough utility items. I pvp and wvw. My goal would be to use the store to avoid about 90% of PvE. Surprised you can’t buy levels frankly. Would love an alt but the thought of PvEing another is blah.

You can if you have a ton of money to burn.

Option 1) Gems—> gold and then craft, it will get you most of the way.

Option 2) Black lion keys/chests, they give out tomes of knowledge if I recall. And those give 1 level per. But the drop rate is tiny, so don’t expect to get many that way.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

yeah because you can really really buy something with 14 gems -_-
a fair one would be 1G=100GEM but then again, allot of farmers and greedy richy rich holes love to biaaach about how expensive it should be instead of how it REALLY should be.

That’s his point. Last year it was roughly 1g == ~120 gems. And last Sept or so, it was 1g for ~240 gems (really glad I got all my bank tabs back then). If people didn’t farm the game so much for gold to convert to gems, the rate would be a lot better.

Honestly, I’m thankful the system is the way it is for the most part. I already bought this game, I don’t want to have to pay a fee anytime I want something cool.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

It’s down to 1g = 15 gems, wow what a steal.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Or 3.8 gold per dollar. A lot better than the 0.5 gold per dollar a year a go.

Dusk today is 794g where a year ago it was 371g. Wait that means it’s cheaper now to buy the weapon with cash that it was a year ago. It’s only 30% of what it was in dollars a year ago. What savings!

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes