More keys lately?

More keys lately?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

After going over 18 months without keys dropping, I’ve had 2 drop since LS2 started. Has anyone else noticed this?

More keys lately?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I got two keys from map completions recently, but I could not remember having an actual key drop …

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

More keys lately?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SRG.3607

SRG.3607

Haven’t got key for months on my side. Still not a single one since LS2 has started.

More keys lately?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Actually got one a few weeks back off of a random critter. I was shocked.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

More keys lately?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

A wolf in timberline pass dropped a key… so yeah I’d say this is concrete irrefutable evidence.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

More keys lately?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

Got one earlier in wvw, first one (that I can recall) that was an actual drop.

It’s not out of the question

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

More keys lately?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

After going over 18 months without keys dropping, I’ve had 2 drop since LS2 started. Has anyone else noticed this?

Nope – precisely the opposite – I got a couple in rapid succession about a month or so ago, haven’t seen another since.

More keys lately?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cyrill Faust.9340

Cyrill Faust.9340

I got one about a month ago (coincidentally also from a wolf) in Frostgourge last one i got before that was from a krait in fractles in september. I think you just got lucky.

Proud member of [BANK] my bank guild and [BANK](2) my other bank guild

More keys lately?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’ve gotten maybe 5 in 20 months. The last was a couple of months ago, from a hyena.

The nature of RNG is its randomness. It means that one person can have more than one drop within a short period of time. This is balanced out by other people going long periods without seeing one.

In other words, OP was lucky.

More keys lately?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arzo.8671

Arzo.8671

I’ve gotten a few lately but all have been from map completion. I couldn’t tell you the last time I got one as a random drop from mobs.

More keys lately?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I haven’t gotten a Black Lion Chest key in upwards of 5months.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

More keys lately?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I’ve gotten maybe 5 in 20 months. The last was a couple of months ago, from a hyena.

The nature of RNG is its randomness. It means that one person can have more than one drop within a short period of time. This is balanced out by other people going long periods without seeing one.

As someone that makes a living with random numbers, I can assure you luck does not exist. The two keys that came up as closely as they have would warrant investigation in real life. It is possible that a change to the tables has been made. I was simply trying to gather evidence.

I don’t need to be lectured on random numbers.

More keys lately?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

As someone that makes a living with random numbers, I can assure you luck does not exist. The two keys that came up as closely as they have would warrant investigation in real life. It is possible that a change to the tables has been made. I was simply trying to gather evidence.

I don’t need to be lectured on random numbers.

Touchy are we. ^^

Your starting post is close in type to the many posts by people who salvage a handful of rares, get less or more ectos than they expected, then make a thread wondering if there has been a change in the salvage rate. Those people have to have RNG explained to them. I guess I failed to see the part in your first post where you explained how you make a living with random numbers and are therefore aware of how it’s possible for one person to get 2 rare drops in a short period of time, without any changes to the drop rate being made. Or how, knowing random numbers as you do, it’s expected to see this sort of thing. My bad.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

More keys lately?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mityr.1320

Mityr.1320

I got 1 a year ago…was my first and only key droped so far, from a harpy in fractals. But ofc gome some from map completitions

More keys lately?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

Only thing i noticed for me is an increased droprate of Locked BL Chests, not keys.

More keys lately?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

And the most amusing (in a cynical sort of way) aspect of all this is that BL Keys are one of the rarest of all drops, and when you get one you tend to be amazed…yet, they lead to, for the most part, complete junk the vast majority of the time.

More keys lately?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arzo.8671

Arzo.8671

Only thing i noticed for me is an increased droprate of Locked BL Chests, not keys.

Same here. I feel like I get at least one a day now.