Musical Instuments from the Gem Store

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lightyears.8624

Lightyears.8624

Directed towards the players out there who play music in real life:

Does the “delay” on using these things bug anybody else? When I go to hit a note, I have to wait for my character to make the animation to play the note, after pressing the key, before it actually comes out.

For musicians, timing is everything, and with the notes not coming out as soon as I hit the key, it kind of kills the ability to play music for me.

I’ve bought all 3 of the instruments in the shop, and have a hearty stash of choir bells, and all of them seem to be affected by this.

I’m sure that I could, over time, get used to the delay and be able to play songs normally. But for now it’s really frustrating trying to play these things and not be able to keep in time.

@Anet do you think we could ever get this instruments changed so they function more like “use” items (instant effect) and less like skills (effect happens at a set point in an animation). It would save the musicians out there a lot of hair loss.

Maybe I’m just really sad that I can whip out a Mariner’s Horn and start belting Simon’s Theme when we break into a castle in WvW without it sounding like a train wreck.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dying Infinity.4805

Dying Infinity.4805

I logged in just to +1 this.