Mystic Forge Conduits go Boom

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/35728

Quite hilarious. I have been watching this market for quite awhile and it was around 220-250 in terms of buy orders for quite awhile. Then it shot up to 500g sell price yesterday to what it is now.

Buy order price however is at an all time high at 400g.

Considering that conduits are resellable, I really must wonder what % of conduits are in the hands of people who actually use it, vs the hoarders.

I never expected the price of conduits to rise over 500G because of the resell ability.

edit: it also shows that buy listing have grown dramatically, so I suspect people are trying to get this item again on the Top Demanded Items. I suppose buy order prices will keep going up as people fall in the trap.

(edited by Vol.7601)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I only have 1. I don’t intend to sell it no matter the price. Did you hoard any?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I only have 1. I don’t intend to sell it no matter the price. Did you hoard any?

lol nope, but I do have one since release that I have sparingly used. I had guildies ask me months back if it were a good investment. I told them no for the very reasons I said above – and besides, is it really worth that much money for the time savings? No.

A guildy also suggested that maybe people are speculating about conduits because Anet will destroy it on Monday. I do not think this is a good reason and Anet won’t inconvenience the population that much.

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

all the permanent license went up dramatically and there is continual supply. There are quite a few rich people in the game and maybe they really have no place to spend money.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

its 1800g now… crazy

do people really think Mystic Forge will disappear from Lions Arch and WvW and Heart of the Mists?

or do they really think people will spend 1800g because they have to click the
“Go to Heart of the Mists” button instead of crafting at the Lions Arch Mystic Forge???

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

its 1800g now… crazy

Oh you missed your chance on 1800-400 = 1400 gold profit Vol =)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Attack of the 1c buy orders followed by purchase or removal of the few available and posting 1 at an enormous price. Likely end the same way as all previous attempts at low supply items with no minimum bid.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ReizVolle.5137

ReizVolle.5137

Well. The best way to turn Karma to Gold, would be to get 4 account bound items from heart vendors and Mystic Forge them into one items that you can salvage or sell. So… lvl 55 (lien) stuff…. watch out, Cause I got 1.5mil karma to spend!! ..
Basically it’s easier to do the forge right there instead of having to run back an forth every 10 items

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Well. The best way to turn Karma to Gold, would be to get 4 account bound items from heart vendors and Mystic Forge them into one items that you can salvage or sell. So… lvl 55 (lien) stuff…. watch out, Cause I got 1.5mil karma to spend!! ..
Basically it’s easier to do the forge right there instead of having to run back an forth every 10 items

what?

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

I don’t know, 1 million karma will only take 27 trip. I’m not sure if that worth 1800 gold.

But again, I won’t sell mine even for 1800 gold.

in Black Lion Trading Co

ReizVolle.5137

what?

I’ve said too much… shhh

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

what?

I’m not sure if it’s bannable. Since Anet banned a bunch of people during head start for turning karma into gold “through cooking?”.

You can buy a bunch of blue cloth item, mystic forge it and turn them in to linen(which sells very high right now).

I think someone mentioned 1000 karma is worth 1-4 linen? I never tried it since karma is so hard to get right now. I just don’t think it is worth it.

Even with 1 million karma it’ll only take 27 trip to the mystic forge which isn’t that big of a deal.

in Black Lion Trading Co

ReizVolle.5137

about 1200 karma per cloth item. = 2-3 lien scraps. Ya got 80 spots in bags, ya can make 20 items…. then salvage then repeat. Well at least that’s why I bought my Conduit. Luckly tho I bought it like a Month ago for like 195

in Black Lion Trading Co

ReizVolle.5137

I dont think it’s bannable. I dont see why it would be. People do the same with dungeon tokens and exotics =)

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

do you always get 2-3 linen. I thought it’s possible to get 1 linen. Another guy said you get 1-4 linen. I never pay attention to salvaging.

in Black Lion Trading Co

ReizVolle.5137

I think it’s 2-3 for the green 59 items and like 1-4 for around 55 greens/blues… Havn’t specifically recorded anything, but It seems like on average you get double the amount of your salvaged items. … so like 2.

in Black Lion Trading Co

ReizVolle.5137

Havn’t look at all the hearts, But I use one that charges 311-322 I believe (not in game yet! )

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

Havn’t look at all the hearts, But I use one that charges 311-322 I believe (not in game yet! )

There’s a much cheaper karma vendor.

Much more helpful if you just post where it is =)

Someone suggested bloodtide coast. I’m not sure if there’s better location.

Bloodtide coast – sorrowful waypoint – heart above – buy for 266 karma – cloth crab (blue) – mystic forge and salvage. 1-4 linen = 1k karma

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

:U

I knew I shoulda bought a bunch during Wintersday.

/gives middle finger to the people who said not to.

I ? Karkas.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

I may be willing to sell mine, I rarely use it anymore, I get much more use out of my permanent black lion contracts.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I really don’t understand the insane prices. All you have to do is go to LA or your home WvW borderlands garrison (if you have it capped that is). Save yourself 1800g and it’s only a few clicks away – voila.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

So 100k karma for about 250 linen? No thanks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: popaz.1524

popaz.1524

I really don’t understand the insane prices. All you have to do is go to LA or your home WvW borderlands garrison (if you have it capped that is). Save yourself 1800g and it’s only a few clicks away – voila.

It’s a convenience item so people don’t buy it to save money. Same thing with those mining picks and axes.. it literally takes like 50,000 or 80,000 ores to get to a breaking point where your getting your money back if you bought it with gold.. (I don’t know the exact number but it’s really high)

The point is people who has a lot of money will buy the contracts and the conduit as a luxury item not to forget the people who just like to collect discontinued stuff.

You can see a similar reasoning in legendary’s anyways. Other then the aesthetic side your not getting anything over an ascended item. Yeah you can change stats but the zerker meta hasn’t changed for over a year.

(edited by popaz.1524)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

dont fall for this

price is made from a speculator who buyd maby 10-20 from this over time for far lower than 200g and trie now to trick people

buyorders are pushed with 1c to most demand items and in the morning there was 0 from this on sale
now 4 – i watched this in the morning when this guy was setting it up

he just need to sell 1 or 2 to some stupid people and has back all his investments

dont fall for this trap

this item is useless

just look:
http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/35728

this item is not worth the gold

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

I wonder what is the Dev statement on serious TP manipulations like these…
Why they not permaban and block those users who doing this?
And theye guys are not just powerselling, they’re the goldsellers who “silently” forces you to buy gold from them if you want anything real useful…

And since GemStore is just bad, AN still didn’t took control over it…
Just sell these STRAIGHT. No RNG, no BS.
MF Conduit: 20$
I would buy it.
or you waiting us to buy 3 more times gold from the gray/black market?

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: youkai.2394

youkai.2394

Why should they ban him? He is probably just a guy (or a group) who knows how to play with the TP and have a lot of money, enough to try to rise the buy orders and sell them later.

He’s just smart.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

People with an unlimited royal terrace pass (me, me, and me. Did I say me?) always have the forge at their fingertips anyway.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tremain.4623

Tremain.4623

And theye guys are not just powerselling, they’re the goldsellers who “silently” forces you to buy gold from them if you want anything real useful…

And since GemStore is just bad, AN still didn’t took control over it…
Just sell these STRAIGHT. No RNG, no BS.
MF Conduit: 20$
I would buy it.
or you waiting us to buy 3 more times gold from the gray/black market?

Because they are not doing anything wrong and in fact the more money that is spent on the trader the better the economy is overall? the TP is the main gold sink in this game, hell the only gold sink.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

People with an unlimited royal terrace pass (me, me, and me. Did I say me?) always have the forge at their fingertips anyway.

Yeah, that’s what confused me about this. I’ve got the unlimited pass too and this conduit thing just seems silly.

I guess the conduit’s good if you’ve got a ton of gold lying around?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

At no time I’ve ever thought to myself “What I need now in the middle of nowhere is a MF”. Heck I don’t even use the remote TP and Bank items and I got them for free.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Yeah, that’s what confused me about this. I’ve got the unlimited pass too and this conduit thing just seems silly.

People just want what’s expensive rather than what’s practical.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

this was an item I encourage people to buy when they were still in the 10g range. I felt GW1 showed, items that are discontinued seem to always go up in a year or two. Managed to buy 4, sold one to a friend who didn’t have the 10g at the time to get one.
When Anet posted they were discontinued, all I thought was wintergreen weps.

Felt it was more a vanity item. And we all know people will pay well to have discontinued or vanity items. Really have no intentions of selling them at this time, who knows what another year will do to the prices.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Really have no intentions of selling them at this time, who knows what another year will do to the prices.

Propably the same what a y.ear will do to inflation.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

I want a permanent Royal Pass! didn’t know there was such a thing.
was it a gem store item?

Sincerly, Me.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

I want a permanent Royal Pass! didn’t know there was such a thing.
was it a gem store item?

It was available for 1 day only. I believe sometime during new years sale?

Yep, you heard me, 1 day only.

But you can bet your kitten it’ll return at some point.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

Because they are not doing anything wrong and in fact the more money that is spent on the trader the better the economy is overall? the TP is the main gold sink in this game, hell the only gold sink.

The economy should be there to support the regular players, not the other way around.

A well ruining economy is one where a player can go to the trading post and buy or sell an item for more or less what it’s worth. Flippers perform a useful role here because they bring buy and sell prices closer together encouraging quicker and less risky trade for the player who does not see “playing the trading post” as an aspect of the game they wish to spend a lot of time on.

However creating false demand by hoarding and putting in fake bids has an entirely negative effect on players with an exception of providing a gold sink for the economy. A false price is created for the item because supply has been artificially choked and the number of that items available to those who want to use them have been reduced. If you wish for an economy that genuinely works on supply and demand action should be taken to ensure that neither are artificially manipulated.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: rhamnosia.7692

rhamnosia.7692

The economy should be there to support the regular players, not the other way around.

A well ruining economy is one where a player can go to the trading post and buy or sell an item for more or less what it’s worth. Flippers perform a useful role here because they bring buy and sell prices closer together encouraging quicker and less risky trade for the player who does not see “playing the trading post” as an aspect of the game they wish to spend a lot of time on.

However creating false demand by hoarding and putting in fake bids has an entirely negative effect on players with an exception of providing a gold sink for the economy. A false price is created for the item because supply has been artificially choked and the number of that items available to those who want to use them have been reduced. If you wish for an economy that genuinely works on supply and demand action should be taken to ensure that neither are artificially manipulated.

I totally agree with Cormac.

Hoarding and place your own price label on an item is not doing the economy any good. That’s exploiting one’s wealth and depriving others of their needs/convenience.

The economy will prosper only if there is a balance in the community spending capabilities. What happened with the Mystic Forge Conduit, imo, is the perfect example of – “the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer”. It is a gold sink alright, whereas the gold of regular players sink in directly into the pocket of the ‘tycoons’ so they can further manipulate the economy and soon to own all top demanded discontinued items in the game.

Studying the market, make speculation of its increased demand and stock up for future reselling profit is smart. You play by the game’s economy.

Plotting for market control, mass hoarding and promote manipulated supply and demand is selfish. You’re forcing people to play by your economical power.

However in the harsh reality, no one has the right to justify market manipulation is wrong. It’s only a matter of personal ethical conduct. Regular players like me have no choice but to bite the bullet and learn to accept my financial incapability.

As for the rich, “because i can, too bad for you.”

(edited by rhamnosia.7692)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

The economy will prosper only if there is a balance in the community spending capabilities. What happened with the Mystic Forge Conduit, imo, is the perfect example of – “the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer”. It is a gold sink alright, whereas the gold of regular players sink in directly into the pocket of the ‘tycoons’ so they can further manipulate the economy and soon to own all top demanded discontinued items in the game.

While I totally agree with the sentiment of “to hell with the f*****g economy already if it makes the game less fun”, and I’m hard pressed to understand all this attention even from players for the economy considering this game is called “Guild Wars 2” and not “Wall Street Online 2”, do not forget that there is no such thing as a “discontinued item”.

Anet can (and you can be sure that they WILL) re introduce any item they want, in any quantity they want. Banking on “there’s no more supply of this” is a pretty dangerous game to play.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The supply of conduits in the game has always been tiny relative to the population. Since the recipes have been withdrawn, no new conduits are being introduced to the market. Further, since it’s a luxury item (there is, after all, a completely free Mystic Forge access point available in LA, Eternal Battlegrounds, and each home borderland), only the wealthiest fraction of players can afford them.

Hardly anyone who owns one is likely to be interested in selling, except to flip. For example, none of these people will sell: those who use the forge 100s or 1,000s of times per day, those who stopped playing (e.g. many of those I know who got rich fast got bored quickly too), and of course, at least a few of the wealthiest account have been banned.

So the only thing I have trouble understanding is: why did it take so long for the price of conduits to go beyond 200g?

Arguably, conduits have better utility than the permanent TP Express, which doesn’t have as limited a supply, so I’ve always expected the price of the conduits to be double that of the unlimited TP access.

I don’t consider it a meaningful issue that someone attempted to corner the market and try to artificially raise the price to what they considered the “correct” market value. I’m willing to bet that a lot of flippers got burned attempting to make a quick profit (and a few flippers made out like bandits).

In any case, it seems to me that the current price of 300-500g is relatively more in line with other finite-supply luxuries and with the general trend of the markets in this game.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Arguably, conduits have better utility than the permanent TP Express, which doesn’t have as limited a supply, so I’ve always expected the price of the conduits to be double that of the unlimited TP access.

Afaik, the Conduit doesnt get bound after use but the Permanent TP Express does.
So even if you are right, that the TP Express still drops, supply also gets destroyed by binding it to an account, which is not the case for the conduit.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Thats why I say the items should have unlimited stock built-in by AN with a max price.
What I see & know (told by a goldseller who explained the network of their buisness… its quite deep and dangerous!) is that some rich guy becames seriously rich, then the casuals became more poor, so they end up buying gold. But not from AN, because they have much worse inflation and RNGs.

Whoever’s job is to keep the tradings running, I hope he/she makes reasonable limits to prevent a huge chump of grindfest.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Did you remember when i told that any luxury item would be out of reach of normal players due to this fantastic speculated economy?

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Did you remember when i told that any luxury item would be out of reach of normal players due to this fantastic speculated economy?

If luxury items were attainable by every normal player, they wouldnt be luxury items.

in Black Lion Trading Co

LordByron.8369

If luxury items were attainable by every normal player, they wouldnt be luxury items.

The difference between 0 and every is quite significant in this situation.

Despite the issue are TP players being the root of the problem and being able to obtain most of them with no effort/game skill.

Once a game a minigame (TP) ruling above the main game shows how wrong the economy management is.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Despite the issue are TP players being the root of the problem and being able to obtain most of them with no effort/game skill.

TP players have to pay as much as any other player for luxury items at the point in time when they obtain them. I would also like you to explain to me, how playing the tp takes no effort/game skill.

In order to make a profit, you need a great deal of knowledge about the game and its meta in general, time investment and the ability to hit the sell button at the right time. Not much different to running fractals lvl 50, except that my loot/profit scales much better with the time and effort I put in it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

LordByron.8369

Same old topic…
This game is not an economy rpg.
You are supposed to kill stuff, explore istances and play WWW

All of that makes you poor in comparison to a player playing the TP and that makes sense as if costume brawl awarded 1000 Gold per victory..

When TP player amass hundred thousands gold they start to be a threat to the economy and to other players…..manipulating prices for their own profit and to get even more gold.

Once you have some gold the profit in the TP is abysmal compared to any other activity and a certain dev makes everything possible to keep ANY risk out of that game.
(or we would’ve seen more actions like the crystalline dust…….interesting how instead the opposite is done frequently adding unreasonably unbalanced sinks like silk for example)

I think its clear that there would be lot of better and more honest gold sinks providing the same benefit TP speculation does but without all the downsides.

Yet its out of discussion…and we have to live with Grind Wars 2 wich grind is caused for a good % by this silly economy.

GW2 balance:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

The difference between 0 and every is quite significant in this situation.

Once a game a minigame (TP) ruling above the main game shows how wrong the economy management is.

But aren’t most luxury items very attainable? I mean, my GF (who has never played the AH, and has not once ran with a champion farm train or anything like that) could easily deck her Thief out with Dreamthistle weapons. No problem. And bought a commander title to help out some in TxS.

Things aren’t thaaaat pricey. I went down to 280g when I bought my commander title, up to 410 again now. Just from some WvW and the odd Teq kill (mind you, talking 1-2 a week here) coupled with bosses or events as I run around while chatting in /g.

Money is… plenty. I’m surprised skins cost as little as they do, given how Legendaries keep up with the inflation (which is a serious problem, and needs addressing at some point).

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Samuirai.4561

Samuirai.4561

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

Even with 1.5 million karma, you will only get about ~150g (provided you’re talking about linen). Which isn’t very good and in no way justifies buying a Mystic Forge Conduit.

its 1800g now… crazy

Oh you missed your chance on 1800-400 = 1400 gold profit Vol =)

No one will buy it for that price.

The reason why it went up to 1800g is because someone bought them all out and then put a fake demand on them (e.g. put in 3 million buy orders to make it on the top demanded list). The buy order price was still at around the same price as it was. It’s because people like you believe that there actually is a 1400 gold profit that these market manipulation tricks work.

Always check the graphs, because the TP doesn’t show you everything.

http://www.gw2tp.com/item/35728-mystic-forge-conduit

The bottom curve shows that 9 mystic forge conduits vanished (9 supply), if you look at the timeframe this all happened within 4 hours. This must be by 1 person, because there is no other reason why they would get bought out like that.
You can also see the fake demand being added to the buy orders (from 928 to 2.8 million within hours).

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

(edited by Charming Rogue.8071)

in Black Lion Trading Co

LordByron.8369

The vid proves that speculation is rampant.

Queen jubilee saw a spike of T6 and gold generation.

T6 got back at a reasonable price, while precursor instead keep rising despite:
-Increased offer (rare drop increase)
-nerfs to dungeons
-nerf to karma=>gold
-nerf to champion boxes
-more goldsinks (lvl 500 crafting)
-ascended weapons
-precursor crafting announcement
-new legendaries announced

And more that everything:
People bought dozen of those when the announcement of the rework was written.
The price instead of getting back to a more reasonable state after old farming* was nerfed many times, continued to rise….and this is another proof.

See how for most goods the price spike drop after QJ while instead luxury items kept rising…..

Those useless graphic just gives false data on macroeconomy….when the question a developer should ask himself would be:

Given the various in game activities….
Wich % of PvE players can obtain a precursor
Wich of PvP
Wich of Istance players
Wich of WWW
Wich of TP

And then BALANCE.

I personally know people buying 10-20 foci and scepters for the 1000% price increse due to the system that charming rogue is describing.

But i can give you another example…..
Do you know magic the gathering?
Well they reprint cards in high demand when speculation goes out of hand…..(except reserved list that is slowly pushed out of legality).
They keep the market honest.

Do you think MTG designers are less qualified than GW2 economist?

GW2 balance:

(edited by LordByron.8369)