Name Change Contract: When's it coming?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: poisonedsodapop.9348

poisonedsodapop.9348

A while back I contacted customer support inquiring about the possibility of a name change. I figured it wouldn’t be possible but if you don’t ask you’ll never know. Their response was the feature was highly requested. This was probably in November so I figured the highly requested feature would be added in December with the huge Wintersday update. Here we are in January and though I have MUCH love for my plush quaggan backpack I was really hoping an item that was already in the game would finally be released. You can look on the trading post and find the item and the functionality is already in the game for people with inappropriate names. I see a lot of people are asking for it and we have these full makeover kits which exclude name changes (clearly because it’s a separate item). Yet not the “highly” requested name change contract.

So my question is, when will we finally see this item make it’s debut in the gem store? Many people want it and it’s sure to sell well.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Yeah, i’m interested in this as well.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: AstralxVizion.6128

AstralxVizion.6128

I agree, A Net please make the name change contract available for use by all players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: NerdQueen.8950

NerdQueen.8950

I’m another one that would really like a chance to change one of my character’s names. The way you added the hair style and full make over is great. Perhaps we can get a name change when the next epic content comes out? It would be great, ANet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

im with you, id be happy to convert some buy some gems in order to change the name of my char!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

Yeah, my two main toons both had a sex change and now they have names of the wrong gender I hope it gets put in soon.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ascalantes.8672

Ascalantes.8672

I feel your pain. I decided to create e female toon, but it just doesn’t feel right. So, I purchased a total makeover kit, to change back to a male, and then I realized…. now I am going to be a big, burly, male Norn walking around with a name that starts with “Lady So-and-so”. Not cool.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phalanix.7542

Phalanix.7542

Guild name change would be nice too.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I’ll add my name to the list of people that would pay gems for a name change.

in Black Lion Trading Co

poisonedsodapop.9348

Guild name change would be nice too.

This would also be useful. I haven’t noticed whether or not this item already exists. Perhaps the name change contract applies to either character name or guild name? I doubt that but it could explain why it hasn’t been added yet.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Revan.6259

Revan.6259

It would be nice if my female guardian didn’t have to be named William any more:)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zex.4629

Zex.4629

Hopefully soon.. Honestly, I don’t know why it still hasn’t been implemented.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Eridani.8317

Eridani.8317

I last played around Halloween and I could have sworn it was in the “soon to be released” features back then. Was surprised when I started playing again the other day that it wasn’t there.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

I’ve been hoping for this for a while, too. Have a level 80 character who needs a name change.

Every time I see the makeover kit and think of people who changed gender but are stuck with the same name it makes me laugh a little.

I know they already have the system for people who used inappropriate names, but I wonder if there’s some technical difficulty involving turning that into a purchaseable item.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I think it’s hilarious that people actually went through with a gender change without considering their own name.

I can see thinking “I don’t want to use this because then my name won’t match”. But actually doing it and then realizing the situation after the fact is pretty impressive.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mira.4071

Mira.4071

Name change seems like something that should have come with gender change. Having one without the other is silly.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

I find it odd that your character can have its name changed if you’re flagged for having an inappropriate name- but the name change cash shop item doesn’t exist. Sounds like they’re missing out on money!

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Thundersnow.6528

Thundersnow.6528

This feature needs to be added ASAP. Money to be made here ANet! Chop chop!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Neito.5308

Neito.5308

Can you loosen the only letter bit too. I see skritt running round with ’ in their names so why can’t we?

in Black Lion Trading Co

poisonedsodapop.9348

Bumping my own thread since we’ve now seen a new patch add a charr backpack in addition to the quaggan one but no name change. That “highly” requested feature. I understand that telling players about these features and giving certain timelines can be a bad thing if it’s not delivered. I just kinda wish we could get a confirmation of yes it’s coming or no it’s not as important to us right now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Passiflora.2047

Passiflora.2047

I hope to see this soon too! I want to give one of my characters a total makeover and a gender swap, but . . . I can’t because the name will be all wrong.

I can be patient, but would really like to know if this is actually coming in the not-too-distant future or if it is on the “meh, we’ll get around to it eventually” list.

(edited by Passiflora.2047)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Big disappointment that this wasn’t in the February patch. I changed the gender of my Guardian because I could no longer stand the vocals or weapon skill animations. I knew the impact, but figured I could wait for the name change contract which was coming sooner rather than later (I have 11 characters to play after all). Besides the fact that offering gender change without name change makes no sense at all, this is a feature that should be in game regardless. At this point, after all the promises of soon, I would like to know when we can expect to see the name change contract.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: vex.4961

vex.4961

I completely agree. I was really, really looking forward to this today, crossing my fingers that name change would finally be implemented into the game. It was even kind of suggested on wiki.

It’s incredibly frustrating. I just want to spend some gems on it, already.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Joshiasi.2840

Joshiasi.2840

The only instance that I have a guildmate asked to change names is that if people reported the name being offensive. I wonder if someone tested having a regular name ask a few of his / her guildmates to report his name being offensive and if Anet would make the player change names.

Gao Bahn – Thief
Rethesis

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Portal Master.9146

Portal Master.9146

I would love to see this. I would be willing to fork over dough for gems for this feature.
I let my 7 year old name my first character ‘Portal Master’ (because of the xbox game portal)…. guess what – he wanted to be a warrior and not a Mesmer. I get so much flak for not being a Mesmer with a name like this – lol.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kheldras.9517

Kheldras.9517

+1 Person that would give gems for a namechange.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BubbleReef.3029

BubbleReef.3029

Yeah, I hoped that it was in the February patch too but… nope.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zythan.5723

Zythan.5723

I was also hoping for this last patch. I’m planning to buy at least 4 name changes when they finally release them, and have one of my characters on a hiatus until I can finally change his name. After all these decorative items are being pumped out like no tomorrow, but still no name changes? Oh well, guess we’ll have to keep holding out.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

Yea I’ve got 2 characters ready for this…so what’s the hold-up? We already know that name changes are possible for vulgar names…so why is it taking this long? This is EASY money ANet…lets go!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Halincandeza.4610

Halincandeza.4610

signed – really want this!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Kinda want to see them stall on this a bit more, just so I can LOL at people that used makeover kits to change gender and forgot they would need to change their overly masculine/feminine name.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

I really would like to rename my elem. So I’d be keen to buy. Here’s hoping it’s a reasonable price.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

Gaile Gray commented indirectly on this today:

Gaile Gray

For further information, we do not offer display name changes (or re-changes) upon request. This is a feature that may come in the distant future, but it’s not something we offer at the present time.

I wouldn’t expect it to happen any time in the near future based on her comments.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

Never ..

Changing names allows players to duck out of bad reputation they have build up.

in Black Lion Trading Co

poisonedsodapop.9348

Never ..

Changing names allows players to duck out of bad reputation they have build up.

I don’t see how. The account name will still persist. And it doesn’t stop someone from deleting a character to get out of this so called “bad reputation.”

And you may say why don’t I delete and remake my character if I want a name change so badly. At this point I’ve put too much work into it but I’m hating that I made a typo in her name. Bugs me to no end. The day I can fix it will be my happiest day in GW2.

Also it’s bound to happen. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Name_Change_Contract

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Passiflora.2047

Passiflora.2047

In regards to the quote Syeria posted above: aren’t display names the names we see here on the forums, not the names of our individual characters? At least, that is what I thought?

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, I am just trying to decide whether to wait or re-roll. I am patient, but not enough to wait for something that is going to be offered in the “distant” future. xD

in Black Lion Trading Co

poisonedsodapop.9348

In regards to the quote Syeria posted above: aren’t display names the names we see here on the forums, not the names of our individual characters? At least, that is what I thought?

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, I am just trying to decide whether to wait or re-roll. I am patient, but not enough to wait for something that is going to be offered in the “distant” future. xD

Yes you’re right that the names displayed on the forums are our display/account names and not character names. That quote does seem to apply more to our forum names than our in game names.

As for rerolling, depends on how much you put into your character. In my case I’m pretty well geared and have world completion and legendary mats soulbound to said character. I decided to wait in hopes that the name change contract would be released soon.That being said I’ve been waiting since November or so with seemingly no news on the horizon. Especially with the release of new town clothes today lol. It solely depends on how much you want to put into releveling/regearing to change your name.

(edited by poisonedsodapop.9348)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Gaile’s posted repeatedly about this:

• There are plans to add character name changes “soon.” (She is not allowed to be more specific than that.)
  • There are no plans to allow account name changes.

ANet does allow players with an unacceptable character name to choose their own replacement name; most often, those with an unacceptable account name are forced to accept a replacement (usually an anagram of the original).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”