New Charr faces

New Charr faces

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: GragorR.9768

GragorR.9768

Super excited after previewing the new available faces, i went and bought myself a total makeover kit, only to see that once again Anet has no love for charr players as they allow yet another potentially great new content release to be plagued by horrible clipping issues, this is unacceptable to me as even by messing with the sliders there is no way to fix this…

Tldr: i’m not a happy customer

Attachments:

- BG -

New Charr faces

in Black Lion Trading Co

GragorR.9768

Even worse

15charrs

Attachments:

- BG -

New Charr faces

in Black Lion Trading Co

GragorR.9768

Bump… so no one has anything to say about this?
Should i consider this type of thing to be the ’’norm’’ in quality standards coming from A-net?

I have spent over 300$ in gems in the past year for various upgrades and such, yet most of all the new charr-related content (armors, etc) released through the gemstore have had clipping issues or buggy textures and imo are a huge letdown. I will obviously think more than twice before purchasing gems again.

The lack of even aknowledgement of this issue is another subject entirely, so I would like to thank all of you for weighing in on this, i’m sure A-net will take notice and make appropriate changes.

- BG -

New Charr faces

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

People have been complaining about this for ages. This is not a recent development.

You can whine and moan about it some more, but ANet doesn’t really seem to care unless you’re a Human, and even they still have some clipping issues. My advice would be to deal with it as best as you can; don’t expect a fix anytime soon.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

New Charr faces

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Alyssa.7254

Alyssa.7254

Look at the bright side, atleast your not a Charr engineer. Then you could be twice as sad.

New Charr faces

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

That’s pretty bad. I suppose the longer face was bound to cause some issues, they didn’t really think that one through.

That face seems to work fine with cultural gear, at least. Or at least the T1 light helmet, which is the one I tried it with. So that’s nice, at least. “Normal” helmets always look pretty questionable on Charr anyway, so its a case of making a bad thing even worse than a case of ruining something that’s fine.

The 3rd female face, on the other hand…. I am very sad. Wanted to use that face, but it really just doesn’t fit. The eyes… she looks like some little kid wearing a helmet that’s far too small or something. And that’s cultural gear.

Attachments:

New Charr faces

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

The new face I chose has a very prominent brow, which clips slightly with her hood. It’s not bad enough to bother me, but hopefully errors like this will be fixed.

Attachments:

New Charr faces

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: janeomen.9523

janeomen.9523

The 3rd female face, on the other hand…. I am very sad. Wanted to use that face, but it really just doesn’t fit. The eyes… she looks like some little kid wearing a helmet that’s far too small or something. And that’s cultural gear.

I also had the exact same issue. My Charr mesmer uses the same helmet that actually looked perfect on her older face… After I changed it to the Rox-look-alike face, I was really disappointed. But then I realized – I actually want her face to be visible (the new face is so cute!), so I changed the color scheme, played a bit with the armor pieces, and I’m pretty satisfied with this little kitty.

I’m actually really pleased with the new faces (both Charr and the other races). I do agree that Charr males look more canine, but they really stand out and have a new level of Charr personality that does not necessarily revolve around the stereotypical (and peculiar) jaw anatomy and over-exaggerated fangs (that probably just get in the way instead of help while eating).

Attachments:

New Charr faces

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Guys, the person who deals with this DOES NOT come to this forum. Posting here is wasting your pixels.

If you would like some actual progress on your concerns, take them to his ‘virtual inbox’ and properly document the issue here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Issues-with-character-art-weapons-or-armor-2/first

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

New Charr faces

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Oh man this looks really bad but the thing is A.Net won’t invest too much time on fixing it, either they remove the face or your will have to deal with it.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

New Charr faces

in Black Lion Trading Co

GragorR.9768

Thank you Nike, will do.

- BG -

New Charr faces

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

There is a bug list for these type of Visual things… post it there!

Kima & Co