New GUI problems

New GUI problems

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Just as the patch notice popped up on my screen, I noticed the TP GUI used for placing bids or selling items has some new annoyances.

1. I can no longer use my DELETE or BACKSPACE key to clear and type in a new value into the Quantity box. I can only manually highlight with the mouse then type a new number, use the slider, or use the arrow keys to change. Umm…this is ridiculous.

2. When I key in a price at which to sell an item, the Current Sellers price listing flips so it shows the highest to lowest prices, then flips back to normal after listing the item. I have no clue how this could be perceived as desired, so it’s gotta be a bug.

Edit: The Seller’s List is also initially flipped high-to-low when trying to sell an item from inventory that has no valid buy orders (or only old orders that are below the minimum possible). Have seen this twice now, so I assume it’s consistent.

This also happens sometimes when trying to sell an item from inventory, apparently when the item has no valid buy orders (or only old orders below the new minimum).

(edited by Kruhljak.2705)

New GUI problems

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

3. If you use the mouse wheel to scroll to change prices, it can no longer go below 00c. This previously would make the silver quantity increment down and the copper would show up to 99c. Workaround: Use the down/up arrows and it works normally.

4. You no longer can click out of the buy/sell window to close it. You must click the X.

New GUI problems

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sychros.6720

Sychros.6720

5. When you accidentally add another number on the silver’s quantity box (a 3rd number) it pushes the oldest number typed in to the gold box making it extremely easy to make mistakes (e.g I just accidentally sold something for 9 gold rather than 90 silvers because I added too much 0’s so that’s 45 silvers wasted).

6. Putting your mouse on the quantity box auto selects that box, it’s not helpful…

New GUI problems

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

6. Putting your mouse on the quantity box auto selects that box, it’s not helpful…

But it’s consistent. Onepoint about UI design is that the same set of actions occurs with each identical element, in this case an input field. Doesn’t matter if it’s quantity or each coin type. Hover the mouse over the field, it gets focus for the mouse wheel.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

New GUI problems

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

7. I’ve been trying to put in a specific buy orders by messing with the ## button instead of the slider. If I do this after setting a price, thn the number I set will go into the Gold price instead of the ## tab.

(ie place an order to buy 11 greatswords for 2 silver, 50 copper… And get a result of buying one greatsword for 11 gold, 2 silver, 50 copper)

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

New GUI problems

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I just bugged this in game, I don’t know if anyone reported it yet here.

If you are manually entering a value when buying, the first digit you enter may be altered if it’s below the minimum value. For instance I was trying to enter a bid for Tiny Fangs at 17c, it’s minimum is 5c. When I type in the 1, it’s changed to kitten when I then type a 7 the value is 57c which then is the maximum price to buy from existing sellers. But I wanted to enter a bid for 17c so I was surprised, because I didn’t see the 57c that my order got immediately filled by items priced above 17c.

Now I haven’t try buying items that have a minimum above 99c.

So when entering a bid on low cost mats than only cost a few copper, double check you aren’t actually buying from seller at a much higher price before you click buy.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

New GUI problems

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lchan.2169

lchan.2169

yes…they broke it. I am sometimes selling stuff at the wrong price. Doesn’t register the correct values when you input the number and so on. You have to do it really slowly and sometimes it takes like 5-10 mins just to clear one character. I don’t know why they keep touching this black lion trading GUI. Just leave it alone for goodness sake.