New Hairstyles: Your Opinion

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

With the Entanglement update, we got some new hairstyles in the makeover kit that are interesting, to say the least.
Let’s give arenanet some feedback: what do you think of them?

Charr:
The female hairstyles are cool, but they have clipping issues for the charr’s ears. Additionally, the hair looks too shiny to me. Like it is covered in conditioner and hairspray. That shine doesn’t go with the rest of the fur.
The male hairstyles are weird. The first and third are ridiculous. They look awful and the only reason anyone would use them is humor value. While some humor hairstyles are OK, this seems like a bit much. The lion’s mane one is a very cool idea, but it clips.
Overall, the females got the best options from this set.

Sylvari:
The sylvari hairstyles look great. I was especially glad to see Scarlet’s hair. Now I can finally get it for my Scarlet-lookalike character! Honestly, though, I have no complaints. The Sylvari hairs are beautiful and unique.

Human: Nothing I’m interested in. I’d say these are about average—not great or terrible.

Norn: Same as human.

Asura: I don’t have an asura so I don’t have an opinion.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

One of the male sylvaris looks like Neymar xD

I like the ponytail hair for human~

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

One of the new charr hairstyles has gone super saiyan. Just waiting for a blonde charr with that hair.

Humans are kinda interesting.

Personally I don’t find sylvari interesting in general, thus I don’t care about their hair. Same with Asura.

I really like one of the new Norn hairs… except for clipping issues. See: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/New-Norn-Hairs-Clipping-issues/

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

Going down the dulfy page

-Human-

Female #1: Really nice “royal” look. 9/10
Female #2: Big fan of ponytails, even if it has the “stiffness” people are complaining about, 8/10
Female #3: French braids are nice, but I don’t care for the pigtail-look, 5/10
Male #1: Feels kinda generic. 5/10
Male #2: as said, I enjoy ponytails. 8/10
Male #3: Kind of an odd look, but otherwise enjoyable. 7/10

-Norn-
Female #1: Kinda plain. 6/10
Female #2: Really like the layered look. 9/10
Female #3: Ponytail. it looks a bit off for some reason though. 7/10
Male #1: It’s a pretty neat look. it looks kind of odd from a mesh-standpoint though. 8/10
Male #2: it’s ok. nothing special. 6/10
Male #3: looks like something that’d be on an angsty teen, not a norn, imo. 3/10

-Sylvari-
Female #1: Very nice looking. Tempted to replace my current hairstyle with it. Not a “huge” fan of the little white bits though. 9.5/10
Female #2: Very neat look. not exactly my style though, I do like where they went with it though. 8/10
Female #3: Looks a bit silly to me, but otherwise fine. it’s nice to know a-net listened to the people who wanted scarlets hairstyle (was that it? I didn’t do season 1 ls so it might be different. same look though) 7/10
Male #1: not much to say, looks nice. 8/10
Male #2: I like it when they go for more than “leaves that look like hair” styles, even if it isn’t my preference. 8/10
Male #3: I really like this. I wish they was a female version of it, I would use it immediately. 10/10

-Asura-
Female #1: Looks like an asuran that just got out of the shower :P. 6/10
Female #2: not much to say. isn’t really my taste. 3/10
Female #3: It’s decently nice. it has a dreadlocky feel I don’t care for though. 7/10
Male #1: Looks like it would be better suited for a female, imho. 5/10
Male #2: same as female #2. 3/10
Male #3: it’s ok. nothing special. 6/10

-Charr-
Female #1: Emo charr? Otherwise nice. 6/10
Female #2: I’d think those braids would get in the way of eyes. 5/10
Female #3: Decent look. looks a bit too “clean” for a charr cut though. 6/10
Male #1: Not a generic ponytail, but a ponytail none-the-less. 7/10
Male #2: Gives a fairly untamed look to a charr that could be cool for those going for a “battle-hardened warrior” look. 8/10
Male #3: 9000/10

sorry about the long post. I really like hairstyles in this game ^^

also apologies if I gave certain races/genders more attention. I have a bias to prefer certain races (namely female sylvari) so I care more about them :P

tl;dr about a 8.5/10 from me

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I like the Human Female #1 and #2 hairstyles.

The Charr Super Saiyan one is hilarious, but I don’t think I’d get it. XD

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Human ponytail is in my top 3 styles now, especially thanks to the awesome bangs, but I do wish the ponytail was less stiff as you note. I have to just convince myself there is a crap ton of hair gel holding that thing in place to keep immersion.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I’m glad the scarlet hairdo was added (well overdue), one of the male human hairstyles, and the super saiyan charr hairstyle (looks hilarious – but in a good way). The rest I wouldn’t give you a thank you for :-/ and I don’t know why but I just find all asuran hairstyles fugly :-/

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i have bin asking for a long ponytail from before release so i am really happy about that, can finally make my main necro the way she is meant. (like she is in GW1)
i also asked for the scarlet hair so that’s another plus, IMO charr is overly done except for the lion one.
the rest doesn’t really interest me, i was hoping for some long braided hair for norn female but nope.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

I really like the male human

I was practically BEGGING for them to release the haircut ever since they released it for male norns!

I finally made an Alex Shepherd look a like!

(My character doesn’t look like the one in the pic, I tweaked him even more to look 99% like Alex, except the clothes)

Attachments:

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rainin.9812

Rainin.9812

I wish they’d put the Super Saiyan one on all the classes lol.. Why shouldn’t everyone get to be a Super Saiyan like we always wanted to as kids?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

I would have appreciated Asuras hair: long. Long wavy, long straight, long braided … Long with small decorative crystals …

More mature looks and technology. Buns on the sides retained by crystal. um … a design to better imagine.

Attachments:

# Asura because I’m worth it!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Melanie.1240

Melanie.1240

Humans: They’re very nice, both male and female.
Sylvari: Again, pretty cool!
Charr: The male hair is epic, all of it. I want them for my female charr. The female charr ones are…Not my taste. Too flat and unmane like.
Asura: Pretty cute, but compared to the ones we got last time they’re so-so.
Norn: Ok for females, and I don’t like any of the male ones at all.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

I have been asking in these forums for a ponytail for my human female thief for ages and though this isn’t exactly what I was hoping for, I’m satisfied none the less. As for the rest of the hairstyles, the Asura and Sylvari are great! The male Charr options are impressive as well. Not a fan of the Norn though.

I posted these in the other thread but figured I’d drop them here too: My new thief!

Attachments:

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

So I decided to play around with a makeover kit and I gotta say the sylvari female #1 is much better in game than a picture shows. the glow is simply amazing. along with getting the face with the adorable freckles i am extremely pleased.

(note that the hair color itself is almost all white. the pink is the glow effect)

(in case attachment doesn’t work – http://i.imgur.com/DzODxQp.jpg )

Attachments:

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

(edited by ITheNormalPerson.9275)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I’ve been waiting for a long hairstyle with a fringe for Norn female and now finally it’s here. Not exactly what I suggested some time ago, but I can say I’m pretty satisfied.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

(edited by Hermes.7014)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

The race who got the best Hair options were the Charr & Asura for once

The humans…. for females they got some silly hairstyles that everytime I see that huge goofy ponytail on another character I can’t think of anything but some silly RPG where they had ridiculous hair. I’d laugh if someone got it for any sort of style rather than just to look like a clown. Don’t get me started on those ugly braids.
Sadly the female norns have that genie ponytail hairstyle as well. The male norn hairs aren’t bad
Charr hairs= awesome
Sylvari females = Two are silly clunky chalky tentacle hair. 1 hairstyle makes all sylvari look like the villain virus from osmosis jones. I’m glad they added Scarlets hair though!

Attachments:

(edited by Chasind.3128)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I love the human ponytail. It fits so nicely with the ninja outfit!

Attachments:

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I wish we had the kind of hairstyle that Klayton from Celldweller has. Would fit perfectly with human males. Anet please make this possible :-P

Attachments:

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

Only good looking one is the ones that Louveepine.
NORN HAIR JUST REDICULOUS!!!
Give me Jora’s hair!!

Attachments:

(edited by SnowHawk.3615)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: brittitude.1983

brittitude.1983

I like how two of the new Asura hairstyles had a blended effect with the accessory color. However, the range of accessory colors is too narrow to make this something that I would want to see utilized very often. I would prefer to see a second set of hair colors that are available for blending so that it can either be ignored by choosing the same color for both and also allow a more variety with color combinations.

Even with an expanded range of accessory colors, which I hope is coming soon even if it is just in the hair & makeover kits, it would be nice to have blended hair with a choice to color the accessory differently than either hair color choice.

More options are always better than fewer.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

Finally a ponytail for human male. Been using the side bang look (also makeover kit exclusive) on mine cause it was the only one I found tolerable. Going to see how the new hair looks on him as soon as I get home. But I also want the new ponytail for my female norn… And my human female could use a makeover too. Do the kits ever go on sale?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

My feeling about one of the new Norn hairs.

Attachments:

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ve had my human nobleman’s hair neatly short since beta (got him designed, made the same look at launch), but this convinced me to grow it out for the ponytail. One issue I found once I was running around in game with it is that the hair looks a bit plastic, or like he’s loaded it with more pomade than Elvis. I’d like it textured better, but I still love the style.

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: La Goanna.8142

La Goanna.8142

The new female Asura hairstyles are great, full of personality as usual. the males…not so much this time around. Kinda plain really, but it could’ve been worse. It’s good to see that they’re doing more with the highlights concept, but Anet really needs to give use more accessory color options in order for it to be pulled off properly.

The human female hairstyles are good as usual, the braids go great with Canthan-inspired armor and the pony tail is amazing and long overdue. The male hairstyles have stepped up; #1 is probably the best one in a while and the new ponytail ones are slightly-less pretty boy and slightly more masculine I guess, which is desperately needed for the human male options in general.

The Norn female ones are also a little simple this time around, but that’s fine since the older gemstore hairs were consistently elaborate and well-done before. My only issue is #2’s insane clipping issues; the clipping for gemstore hair, armor and even faces is starting to reach unacceptable levels. However, the male ones are just flat out bland, culturally out of place for the Norn and generally terrible; no amount of effort was put into them whatsoever.

The Sylvari hairstyles are all great except for female #2. I’m really hoping we get a male variant of female #1, and a female variant of male 3. Nice to see Scarlet’s hairstyle up for sale as well, that too was long overdue.

The Charr gemstore hairstyles are still bad overall. Male #1 and #3 are clearly terrible joke ones and I’m shocked that so many people genuinely like them and not in an ironic way. #2 is a right start towards manes but as stated earlier, Anet really needs to manage these clipping issues. The female ones are better, not too fond of the #1 princess tiara look and #3 would’ve been much better without the clipping. #2 is the best one out of the bunch and I would’ve purchased it if not for the braids in front of the eyes throwing it all off.

Overall
Human female: 9/10
Human male: 7/10

Asura female: 8/10
Asura male: 6/10

Norn female: 6/10
Norn male: 3/10

Sylvari female: 8/10
Sylvari male: 9/10

Charr female 5/10
Charr male: 4/10

(edited by La Goanna.8142)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

I want something like this for female sylvari, I hate the new hairstyles for them- along with the norn male and female.

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I feel like the artist doing the new ’dos has something against bangs.

I’d also pay considerable money just to get the existing styles in mirror image (parted on the other side).

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.