New Mask in PVP locker

New Mask in PVP locker

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

So there looks to be another mask coming soon to the trading post. Or more “face paint” It’s in the spvp locker already, didn’t take a pic. But I wonder if this will cost us 500 gems as well? :/

New Mask in PVP locker

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Wouldn’t be surprised. Mind taking that pic?

New Mask in PVP locker

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Mask of the Silent

Serenity now~Insanity later

New Mask in PVP locker

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arrelaine.5692

Arrelaine.5692

Ew please don’t make this 500 gems too.

New Mask in PVP locker

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Ew please don’t make this 500 gems too.

Don’t worry, ANet has listened to your complaints and has agreed to meet them.

This one will be 600

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

New Mask in PVP locker

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Here, I got a shot. It’s not linkable from the locker, so we’ll need someone to get a code:

Attachments:

New Mask in PVP locker

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

This one is more detailed then the last. So it’ll be 800 gems.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

New Mask in PVP locker

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

And we all can be Rorschach …

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

New Mask in PVP locker

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

^ LOL, that was the exact same thought I had when I saw the screenshot too. XD

New Mask in PVP locker

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chiorix.5361

Chiorix.5361

I, personally, really like this one. The last one was cool, but this one is, like… awesome.
I dunno what I like about it so much… maybe that it’s more cultural-looking?

All I’m saying is I’m going to have to hold back from getting 3 or more of them.
And I can’t wait to see what else is on its way!

New Mask in PVP locker

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

It’s really silly & ugly but more than likely yes a simple face paint will be 500 gems- When will we get new & better armor skins though?

New Mask in PVP locker

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: World War III.3869

World War III.3869

only THREE easy payments of 500 gems*

*plus 100 gem tax and 1000 gem shipping and handling

New Mask in PVP locker

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

So it’s out. 500 Gem mark. Yup…
This is getting sad…

New Mask in PVP locker

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

The complaints over 500 gems are silly. The mask is purely cosmetic, so we’re lucky they didn’t price it at 2,000 gems. When the thing came out, I spent a couple days and earned 40g, traded it for gems, and got the mask. If you want special cosmetic gear, take some time to work for it.

New Mask in PVP locker

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

The complaints over 500 gems are silly. The mask is purely cosmetic, so we’re lucky they didn’t price it at 2,000 gems. When the thing came out, I spent a couple days and earned 40g, traded it for gems, and got the mask. If you want special cosmetic gear, take some time to work for it.

People complain because full armor sets used to be released for 800 gems, i.e. 133 gems per piece.

These were more detailed and thorough pieces of armor, as a whole. But ArenaNet have fallen into the habit of pumping out minor details or flicks and charging an extortionate price.

The complains are because we are paying more for less, as the precedence on gem store armor was set long ago.

But it’s still only cosmetic, if it’s not worth 500 gems to someone they don’t need to buy it.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

New Mask in PVP locker

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

The issue isn’t that its difficult to get (I don’t even want it), its a matter of feeling respected as a customer. People who are loyal to ANet, who bought the game (many before release), who buy gems regularly, and who recommend the game to their friends want to feel respected and valued. You can’t be loyal to a company you feel is trying to rip you off with an overpriced product.

Again, I’ll point to Valve and the Steam business model. Unplayed Steam games are so prevalent as to be an actual meme, and people love Valve. They make good games, and they provide excellent value for money, even on things you actually don’t need or want. ANet could be selling thousands of masks/dyes/minis, have happy customers and positive word of mouth. Instead they sell fewer masks to people who’d have had to buy 800 gems anyway if they didn’t have them saved, and have a load of customers feeling like they’re being milked for cash.

New Mask in PVP locker

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gaebriel.3754

Gaebriel.3754

I don’t like the mask, so the gems won’t be a problem for me. But it’s kinda expensive for what you get. On the other hand, if I would really really want it I would just shut up and put in some effort to get the 40 gold to exchange – since to me it doesn’t warrant purchasing a gem card.

You see, I have this odd quirk with my gemstore purchases. I don’t mind buying the occasional card to support the game, but I only use those to buy stuff that I feel is “worth” a “real” purchase: such as character slots, good looking town clothes or full armour sets. Otherwise I’ll just save up a bit and convert.

I think the price tag is nothing I can influence anyway, so I can live with the masks being that price – as long as they stay! Maybe one day in the future, one of these masks will fit one of my characters perfectly, and I’d like to still be able to get them if that day comes. Removing stuff (like they did with those old town clothes) is just silly.