New—Upgrade Extractor! Question?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cerberus.1937

cerberus.1937

Q:

Here is the items description: “Use the Upgrade Extractor to remove ANY upgrade from ANY item, without destroying either the upgrade or the item!”

Question: It says ANY item does this mean we can salvage upgrades from armor that can not be salvaged aka karma armor and such?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Well, it say “any item” not, “any salvable item.” Question answered.

in Black Lion Trading Co

cerberus.1937

generally I would agree but with the word play on the gifting event fiasco I would rather be sure.
example: buy any item for a friend get same item for yourself ANY QUANTITY 40% off was later changed to a 1 to 1 40% off via wording misunderstanding.

so will this salvage ANY upgrades from ANY gear aka dwayna runes from dwayna gear (no matter runes salvaged to MUCH cheaper buying complete rune set off tp rather than buying 6 of these upgrade extractors); and also work on ascended gear and future legendary gear?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

even if it did, why would you want to? if you buy the gems with real $$, it is more economical to change the gems into gold, buy the rune off the TP, then celebrate that you have 6g left over.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: doomfodder.2906

doomfodder.2906

can this “upgrade extractor” be used to recover a SAB skin that was applied to a weapon that I would like to use on different weapon (for the stats)? or is this “upgrade extractor” ONLY for recovering items in the upgrade slot of wep/armor/trinket (without destroying the original item)?

Transmutation splitters only recover original items (weapons)…

Transmutation crystals (or stones) won’t transmute the SAB skin to another weapons of any rarity version (white/blue/green/yellow/orange) because the transmute fails…

I wanna reuse a skin (like those back pieces as well)

in Black Lion Trading Co

cerberus.1937

I ask if any means any like karma armor ect because; from a logical standpoint they only have one real use that I can see that’s removing the high quality infusions like +50 agony resist from gear that’s it. I might consider buying some if I know they can be used on karma armor, ascended armor and the future legendary armor. Yes I know its cheaper to just buy any rune set off the tp by a lot but they want to sell something for karma runes extractor or future legendary armor saving tool then it needs to be clear.