New dye kits

New dye kits

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

I found these very misleading… only contains 1 dye but the way in which it is worded the 25 stands out and the ‘one’ even though at the start gets lost.

Perhaps put the ‘one’ in bold type?

I know it was my own fault for not paying attention but feel like I just wasted 125 gems on something I already had.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

New dye kits

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Yeah, I didn’t pay much attention to them until I read something about them here. Took a look at the description and it translated to “spend 125 gems (100 if you buy bulk) for a small chance to get a new color (actually an old color made slightly clearer) and a much larger chance to get a 90-copper common dye you didn’t want anyway.”

No thanks. But then I spend my laurels buying 10 unidentified dyes and sell them as is for 1.8 gold, and outfit my toons with 5s worth of common dyes that look just as good to me as 25g worth of rares.

New dye kits

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

They are a complete rip off. They will continue to base the gen store offerings around such RNG rip offs until people have enough and stop buying gems, period.

These “packs” are a single dye for almost the cost of an actual dye pack which contains 5 common and 2 uncommon/rare dyes. No one is going to notice, nor care, if you utilize one of the exclusive dyes in these “packs”. There are already plenty of shades across the spectrum that these just will not stick out. On top of that, it seems the odds of even getting one of the exclusive dyes is rare.

I’ve been a solid financial supporter of the game in the past, but I’m on month two of boycotting gem purchases over the long odds lottery based RNG fool-bait gem store products.

New dye kits

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

They are a complete rip off. They will continue to base the gen store offerings around such RNG rip offs until people have enough and stop buying gems, period.

Years ago I worked in a convenience store, and I saw how people buy those scratch-off lottery tickets that are displayed right there at the register where you can’t NOT see them.

You’ll have an easier time convincing water to flow uphill than to convince people to give up the lottery.

New dye kits

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

These “packs” are a single dye for almost the cost of an actual dye pack which contains 5 common and 2 uncommon/rare dyes. No one is going to notice, nor care, if you utilize one of the exclusive dyes in these “packs”. There are already plenty of shades across the spectrum that these just will not stick out. On top of that, it seems the odds of even getting one of the exclusive dyes is rare.

I’ve been a solid financial supporter of the game in the past, but I’m on month two of boycotting gem purchases over the long odds lottery based RNG fool-bait gem store products.

I agree. But I don’t think boycotting isn’t the greatest way to handle this – it completely takes you out of ANet’s economic calculations instead of providing them useful feedback. I simply buy the non-RNG items that I want, like the undying pick.

New dye kits

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ImagoX.4718

ImagoX.4718

Agree this item has a very misleading description… usually Gem Store items are reasonably fair and well-priced but this one… not so much. Dissapointing.