New to key farming

New to key farming

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Maximusk.5069

Maximusk.5069

Hi all!
which is better for faster runs to pick hospital or orphanage?

New to key farming

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Hospital from what I understand.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

New to key farming

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

Hospital. i war it. i find its easiest for me to run in right away kill the two shooters on left stairs, then use GS 4,3 thru center, thenkill two shooters on stairs then clear. GL!

p.kitten Ted first to get agro and u can pull him into Blaze since he damages the engi.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

(edited by Chuck.8196)

New to key farming

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Orphanage is really easy, too, especially on guardian. But I prefer hospital.

New to key farming

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I do Orphanage w/ Staff Guardian. Kill most everything from outside before breaking door.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

New to key farming

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: serapheles.5409

serapheles.5409

I’ve only done three or four key runs, but the occasion I chose orphanage went badly enough that I’ve decided to stick to the hospital for the foreseeable future. Using staff ele, if it makes a difference.

The Random Number Gods are nothing if not predictable.
Crafting is designed for gear accessibility, not profit.

New to key farming

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Orphanage with guardian with staff.
With a warrior, I’d probably prefer hospital.

New to key farming

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’ve done both and maybe it’s my imagination but the mobs seem more aggressive with the orphanage one. They seem to be more likely to leave the building and to attack harder. I’m very rarely downed with the hospital one but it’s happened a couple of times with the orphanage.

That saying, the orphanage one you can attack and kill through the walls. So it’s easier that way.

New to key farming

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MesmeForever.3612

MesmeForever.3612

I’ve only done orphanage, but using a staff guard with good armor, 3 diff power runes & a bloodlust sigil it’s eaaaasy. Especially, as Brother Grimm said, if you attack through the wall without breaking the door. You can also use symbol of swiftness on the wall itself and it’ll damage enemies in the room beyond. Then, you can jump on the bunk beds on the second level and use empower while the guards and your symbol of swiftness kill Ted.

(edited by MesmeForever.3612)

New to key farming

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Orphanage and Hospital are about the same, depending on how you are geared and your play style.

• Orphanage is a smaller space. With AOEs and cleaves, you can tackle multiple foes and, as noted, guardian can attack through the walls.
  • The larger arena for the hospital makes it easier to kite and the NPC allies do a better job of fighting imo.

I recommend Hospital if you tend to use vitality stats or otherwise find yourself dying often during this stage. I recommend Orphanage if you do high DPS and know how to ball up the foes.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”