Next patch and vicious claws

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Robles.7458

Robles.7458

Next Tuesday all existing drops and crafting recipes that have created Magic Find gear will be replaced with new combos:

Explorer’s recipes will be replaced with the Assassin’s stat combo (Precision, Power, Critical Damage)-> It uses Vicious claws which cost about 15 silver.

I think that this new gear can be very used because now a lot of people use berseker armor (Power, Precision, Critical Damage). It uses Vials of Powerful Blood which cost about 36 silver.

In my opinion both gears are similar, so I think that people will use more vicious claws and their price will rise. What do you think?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: aeneq.1760

aeneq.1760

Power>Precision, dont see a big reason for it to go up. It’ll most likely go up some but not a huge amount.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Robles.7458

Robles.7458

Power>Precision, dont see a big reason for it to go up. It’ll most likely go up some but not a huge amount.

I have been told that berseker warriors use signet of fury( +precision) and not signet of might( +power) because, they get more dps, so maybe an armor with more precision than power could be better.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Merendel.7128

Merendel.7128

Assassins will probably become poor mans berserker gear. between the crit on berserker, the common ability to maintain furry, and asorted traits to boost crit chance there is little need for more precision in most glass cannon builds hence why power> precision. It may be a good second best for folks that cant aford berserker but will probably only be a steping stone at best and you can do that with rares even cheeper.

I expect to see some rise but not enough to be worth investing in claws.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

You guys have to think about this in terms of Exponential gain.

The increase in Crits from 0% to 50% moves in a way that “feels” very linear.
However once it gets far enough beyond that, you have to start looking at it backwards, as in: “What are the chances that my attack WON’T crit??”

At 75% … it’s a 1 in 4 chance.
At 80% … it’s a 1 in 5…
At 90% … it’s 1 in 10.
At 95% … it’s 1 in 20.

In other words, you get exponential gains from increasingly smaller changes in the stat.
You do NOT get this with Power alone b/c power is just plain Linear

In my case, it means instead of pumping Berserker’s on my Ranger (which would be BORING and counter productive when there’s other classes that benefit a lot more).. I could just aim for 75% and then use a Moa/WH to have Perma Fury.
(Engineers can do this too, right?) …infact this was one of the exact outcomes I predicted for the Stat change and is why Last night, I created 2 full sets of exotic Explorer’s Armor (one Light, one Medium) along with 6 Explorer’s Weapons. It was incredibly cheap to make b/c the ONLY material I had to actually buy was the Claws themselves.

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Merendel.7128

Merendel.7128

Thing is warriors for example can already start pushing into the 90s crit chance in a full set of zerker gear depending on rune/utility choices and the ease of perma furry for a war. the gains from power are much greater up in that range than from perc. It comes down to do you want more damage on all hits vs having 1 more hit out of 20 do more damage and all the rest do less (aka sacrificeing power to boost crit from 90 to 95)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Assassins gear will be brilliant for my Guardian, who has Empowering Might. Any offensive build that uses a proc-on-crit ability is gonna love the stuff.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Assassins will probably become poor mans berserker gear. between the crit on berserker, the common ability to maintain furry, and asorted traits to boost crit chance there is little need for more precision in most glass cannon builds hence why power> precision. It may be a good second best for folks that cant aford berserker but will probably only be a steping stone at best and you can do that with rares even cheeper.

I expect to see some rise but not enough to be worth investing in claws.

Berserker barely has a price difference with other stat combos, so if you can afford this, you can afford a berserker.

Anyway, I think this stat combo is best used to mix and match with berserker to get your ideal crit rate if you so desire high crit percentages.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yaso.8510

Yaso.8510

Power>Precision>Crit!
Most builds i use in a group have atleast 70% Critchance only with fury.
And the loss of so much Power doesn’t justify 10-20% morce crit which would only grant 1-3 more stacks of might…
I would only use a set like this to oneshot noobs in WvW with my Thief :P

in Black Lion Trading Co

Nike.2631

I use sigil of generosity, so crit chance is my condition removal. There are tons of proc-on-crit effects, and its easy to put 3+ them on a singe character and watch them run wild with this new gear option. It’ll be fun .

in Black Lion Trading Co

aeneq.1760

Since they share the same cd Im not sure why youd stack different on-crit effects.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Nike.2631

How do you come to the conclusion that Empowering Might (1 second internal CD) and Sigil of Generosity (10 second internal CD) share cooldowns?

in Black Lion Trading Co

aeneq.1760

How do you come to the conclusion that Empowering Might (1 second internal CD) and Sigil of Generosity (10 second internal CD) share cooldowns?

I use sigil of generosity, so crit chance is my condition removal. There are tons of proc-on-crit effects, and its easy to put 3+ them on a singe character and watch them run wild with this new gear option. It’ll be fun .

Since you said “…and its easy to put 3+ them on a singe…” it stands to reason you mentioned an item and not a trait. But then again your statement is all over the place so I should maybe have exercised some caution in my original post…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Nike.2631

proc on crit effects come from several sources. Not all of them share cooldowns.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was more Trait changes in the future to add even more proc’ing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Assassins gear will be brilliant for my Guardian, who has Empowering Might. Any offensive build that uses a proc-on-crit ability is gonna love the stuff.

Actually, berserker is better on a guard.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in Black Lion Trading Co

Nike.2631

Actually, its NOT. At least if you play for team dynamics rather than soloist performer.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

And by team dynamics you mean warrior with banners and ranger with spotter, no? Assassin isn’t needed at all with precision buffs like that, the numbers have already been crunched if you check the dungeon forum.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

It actually could be extremely useful for heavy Might stacking builds, since the value of Power diminishes the more of it you have.
Especially builds which rely on critical hits to stack said Might, like any using Sigil of Strength.