No Longer Supporting the Gem Store

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gillian.1859

Gillian.1859

That’s right. It wont be long before I stop supporting this game altogether.

After waiting for over 3 days for a ticket I submitted regarding a bug with the Fine Transmutation Stone when using them on the Guild Sunderer with the Crystal Guardian, the transmutation does not happen (Swapping the look of Guild Sunderer for Crystal Guardian) and the item of the desired skin disappears for good. I tried using a splitter to recover the item that was transmuted and that also failed.

In total, I lost 1 Fine Transmutation Stone, 1 Transmutation Splitter, 1 Crystal Guardian

ANet lost 1 loyal gem supporter until they fix their stupid bugs. I am hanging by a thread here and there are other games I’d be more than happy to support.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

3 days, during which 2 were not regular workdays.

It takes time, especially during holidays.
3 days is usually a very short time for ANY customer support to kitten and answer a situation.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Gillian.1859

Also note that during the holidays, they were also actively BANNING a lot of people for a linen farm happening in Iron Marshes. So they were working. And frankly, that ban was uncalled for.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

I like how you spout nonsense with no source.

Also I lol’d at expecting a fix in 3 days.

Your own fault for not understanding transmutations.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Gillian.1859

This is not an entitlement issue. It’s them completely disregarding a bug.
I would have accepted a “we’re looking into this but due to holidays, there may be some delays”.

And I reported the bug on a work day, not a statuory holiday.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JBDanger.2603

JBDanger.2603

Welcome to the support of Anet, if there is no immediate monetary gain, expect a delay! I bet scarlet did it. Now time to go silk farming to see if they ban me for playing “How I want!!”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

You do know the standard wait is 7 business days?

You’re going to get mad that they didn’t respond to you within 3? That’s completely unreasonable.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Gillian.1859

I am not mad at them for not writing back the next day. I am mad at their answer. Do people read?

This is what I wrote to Anet when I submitted the ticket. It clearly states that when I used the transmutation stone to get the skin of the Crystal Guardian (celestial stats) on my Guild Sunderer (zerker stats), it did not work. Transmutation Splitters are supposed to be able to split all tramsuted weapons back to their original state.

"
“I just used a Fine Transmutation stone on Crystal Guardian and Guild Sunderer to have the look of the Crystal Guardian but with the stats of the Guild Sunderer and the sigil of bloodlust that came with the Crystal guardian. I was fairly sure I selected Crystal Guardian as the skin before transmuting but somhow I ended up with the Guild Sunderer Skin and the bloodlust sigil. Since I wanted my Crystal Guardian back, I used a transmutation splitter and it only split the sigil from the Sunderer…”

Their answer:

“Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support Team.

As a general rule, we are not able to replace items, and that is true in the case of the Crystal Guardian that you have requested.

Purchases from the Gem Store are seldom refundable, and in this case we are not able to provide a refund of your purchase. We encourage you to exercise care when conducting all your gem transactions.

I am sorry that we could not fulfill you request in this situation, but please let us know if you have any other questions we can address."

The problem was obviously not addressed.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

99/100 “I’m sure I clicked the right thing” means “I clicked the wrong thing.”

They don’t refund transmute stone errors. The splitter doesn’t do anything for you in this case because you get the appearance item back (or if it was just a skin you get an item with the skin applied) and the stats item can be anything with those stats, usually a generic item. The Crystal Guardian was not the appearance item and so it was irretrievable.

They will reissue the items only in extreme circumstances, if they did it for everyone it gives players carte blanche to undo any stupid mistakes they want to experiment with. Not to mention it bogs down the already overloaded CS agents, who have to deal with thousands of frivolous complaints every day.

You are certainly within your rights to choose to spend or not spend money on the game. However, it’s pointless to come to the boards and tell us about it, no one gives a kitten.

(edited by tolunart.2095)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

I am not mad at them for not writing back the next day. I am mad at their answer. Do people read?

This is what I wrote to Anet when I submitted the ticket. It clearly states that when I used the transmutation stone to get the skin of the Crystal Guardian (celestial stats) on my Guild Sunderer (zerker stats), it did not work. Transmutation Splitters are supposed to be able to split all tramsuted weapons back to their original state.

"
“I just used a Fine Transmutation stone on Crystal Guardian and Guild Sunderer to have the look of the Crystal Guardian but with the stats of the Guild Sunderer and the sigil of bloodlust that came with the Crystal guardian. I was fairly sure I selected Crystal Guardian as the skin before transmuting but somhow I ended up with the Guild Sunderer Skin and the bloodlust sigil. Since I wanted my Crystal Guardian back, I used a transmutation splitter and it only split the sigil from the Sunderer…”

Their answer:

“Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support Team.

As a general rule, we are not able to replace items, and that is true in the case of the Crystal Guardian that you have requested.

Purchases from the Gem Store are seldom refundable, and in this case we are not able to provide a refund of your purchase. We encourage you to exercise care when conducting all your gem transactions.

I am sorry that we could not fulfill you request in this situation, but please let us know if you have any other questions we can address."

The problem was obviously not addressed.

Either we don’t know how to read or you didn’t even provide context in your original post. It’s the latter.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

I support your decision to not support this company.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

This reads like an automated response based on whatever error category you picked for the bug report actually. I have my doubts on whether or not an actual human saw your ticket at the time.

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

in Black Lion Trading Co

Gillian.1859

I just tried a transmutation splitter on another transmuted item and I was able to recover the two items without any difficulty.

So, something definitely went wrong with my Guild Sunderer and Crystal Guardian. Even if I accidently chose the wrong skin the splitter should recover BOTH items. That’s what splitters are for…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Also note that during the holidays, they were also actively BANNING a lot of people for a linen farm happening in Iron Marshes. So they were working. And frankly, that ban was uncalled for.

Whenever botting is involved, it’s always called for. People that weren’t botting have been reverted to 72 hour ban instead.

Regardless, going back to the issue. This is really weird bug. I hope it only involves these items in particular. Hope it’ll all get taken care of soon.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Your original post says nothing about getting a response. So it’s less that people didn’t read it, and more that you didn’t write it.

Secondly, “I’m fairly sure” I picked the right thing makes me think that, no, you did not.

RIP in peace Robert

in Black Lion Trading Co

tolunart.2095

I just tried a transmutation splitter on another transmuted item and I was able to recover the two items without any difficulty.

So, something definitely went wrong with my Guild Sunderer and Crystal Guardian. Even if I accidently chose the wrong skin the splitter should recover BOTH items. That’s what splitters are for…

Judging by your post about what happened, you chose the Guild Sunderer skin and stats, and the Crystal Guardian sigil. So the splitter did what it was supposed to do: the skin and stats were the same item (Sunderer) and the Guardian only supplied the sigil which was not unique to the item. The Guardian itself was lost during the transformation because you chose the wrong skin and cannot be recovered.

It has to do with the way the game tracks transmuted items. The game does not “remember” what the items were before transmuting, it can only function based on the current skin and stats. The skin is a unique item, the stats are usually generic. There is little chance of getting back any particular item if the skin is transmuted away.

Either that or you mistook an upgrade extractor for a transmutation splitter, which would also have the result you posted about.

(edited by tolunart.2095)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

Judging by your post about what happened, you chose the Guild Sunderer skin and stats, and the Crystal Guardian sigil. So the splitter did what it was supposed to do: the skin and stats were the same item (Sunderer) and the Guardian only supplied the sigil which was not unique to the item. The Guardian itself was lost during the transformation because you chose the wrong skin and cannot be recovered.

It has to do with the way the game tracks transmuted items. The game does not “remember” what the items were before transmuting, it can only function based on the current skin and stats. The skin is a unique item, the stats are usually generic. There is little chance of getting back any particular item if the skin is transmuted away.

Either that or you mistook an upgrade extractor for a transmutation splitter, which would also have the result you posted about.

I think Anet deserves an apology now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

for what, having a flawed system in the first place?

in Black Lion Trading Co

tolunart.2095

I think Anet deserves an apology now.

LOL

To be fair to the OP, a lot of people don’t understand how the splitters work, and there are some flaws in the process, such as the inability to “remember” the exact item that provided the stats, or what happens when you split a skin-only item from the stat item it was applied to.

Players tend to think it functions like the “undo” command and simply reverses the transformation, but that would require the game to track at least one transformation for every item in the game, and record the exact details of those transformations. If this wasn’t built into the game from the beginning, it would probably be pretty hard to shove it into the game a year later. The splitter is probably the only item in the gem shop that should come with an instruction manual.