No Matter What I Do I Cannot Access AH

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beligerent.1324

Beligerent.1324

I’ve cleared my cache, restarted the client several times, tried porting to an area then restarting and porting to LA figuring maybe it was something to do with LA and latency, and I ran ccleaner and I STILL cannot access the AH! I’m running out of things to do here and getting severely frustrated seeing as how I had zero problems with the AH yesterday, and have never had this hard of a time with it!

Is ANet ever going to scrap this AH and build a new one that isn’t run through a browser because this is ridiculous and I’m not the only one who has problems with it. Some people I talked to told me that they’ve never been able to access the AH and can’t even buy anything besides sell items!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I assume that when you said you cleared your cache, you mean the gw2cache folder where awesomium is located and you did this while the game was not running.

Open Internet Explorer and go to https://tradingpost-live.ncplatform.net/. Can you see Invalid Authorization? Is the certificate valid with 0 errors?

No proxies, recently changed security settings, antivirus or firewall changes?

Possible fixes:
Delete gw2cache folder.
Clear dns (command prompt): ipconfig /flushdns
Reset tcp/ip (command prompt): netsh winsock reset
Run the game in administrator mode.
Update root certificates.
Disable anti-virus/firewall/web security (programs that block web sites). For example, McAfee (I think it was) can disable the TP by just having it installed.

If you want to get more advanced, you can download Fiddler to act as a proxy so that you can determine what the trading post is accessing or trying to access and what it’s receiving and go from there.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

The AH runs on the awesomium.exe process. Make sure it’s not blocked by firewall or some other security thing in windows.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Beligerent.1324

I assume that when you said you cleared your cache, you mean the gw2cache folder where awesomium is located and you did this while the game was not running.

Open Internet Explorer and go to https://tradingpost-live.ncplatform.net/. Can you see Invalid Authorization? Is the certificate valid with 0 errors?

No proxies, recently changed security settings, antivirus or firewall changes?

Possible fixes:
Delete gw2cache folder.
Clear dns (command prompt): ipconfig /flushdns
Reset tcp/ip (command prompt): netsh winsock reset
Run the game in administrator mode.
Update root certificates.
Disable anti-virus/firewall/web security (programs that block web sites). For example, McAfee (I think it was) can disable the TP by just having it installed.

If you want to get more advanced, you can download Fiddler to act as a proxy so that you can determine what the trading post is accessing or trying to access and what it’s receiving and go from there.

I did all this accept for the very last thing and it’s still saying “ERROR: Invalid authorization” in that page you linked. Guess, I’ll try the client and see if it worked anyways… Not feeling very hopeful.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Beligerent.1324

And it’s working thanks.