No okay button after currency exchange

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Viralseed.9362

Viralseed.9362

I know what everyone is thinking. No, it’s not the content. No, it’s not the market or the players. I’m taking a break because of a dumbfounded mistake I’ve made recently. I, after several weeks of farming gold, began to research my next set of equipment for alternative builds. After tallying the cost, I found that I could afford my entire set and have enough money left over to buy transmutation stones to use the appearances I wanted.

However, the Black Lion Company appears to have no “okay” button after exchanging gold for gems. As a result, I’ve purchased double the amount of gems effectively going broke in the process. It feels like a huge oversight to not have an “okay” button as the Trading Post (using the same browser and UI images) has an “okay” button after any purchase.

I don’t want to commit to farming again in such a short time after the last grind, and I don’t want to spend all of the laurels I’ve accumulated over the months on unidentified dyes for the slim chance of getting a few dyes worth enough to make that gold back. Instead, I’m going to wait it out. I’ll let this mistake of mine pass. So a warning to any first-time buyers of gems: only press the button once. You’ll thank yourself later.

Has anyone else run across a small part of the game that feels like an oversight or a small feature that could be added to improve player responses?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

Should definitely have a confirm button.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curtis Johnson

Curtis Johnson

For clarification.. you hit the button twice? or you typed in twice the number you intended? I think i’m reading the first case.

The button does disable briefly to stop double-clicks till the success message comes up next to it.

(edited by Curtis Johnson.8456)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

I made a similar mistake. I submitted a ticket about it and the best I was told was to make a post on the Suggestions forum about it. -_-

The good news is just keep an eye out for whenever they sell the infinite axe or sickle. I’m guessing gems will go up to at least 4g per 100, you might be able to exchange them then without losing anything.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Viralseed.9362

For clarification.. you hit the button twice? or you typed in twice the number you intended? I think i’m reading the first case.

The button does disable briefly to stop double-clicks till the success message comes up next to it.

Thanks for responding. It wasn’t a double click, but rather two clicks. I clicked once to purchase and clicked a second time assuming it was an"okay" button. This is predominantly because of how I use the Trading Post by clicking “sell” and almost immediately clicking “okay.” I can’t say I was under the assumption of an “okay” button appearing as I have purchased gems with gold before, but rather I had been using the Trading Post so frequently that it became second nature to click again to return to my items (for additional transactions).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

Disabling the button is definitely a nice feature. It would be nice to have it reset the input numbers to 0 too, so that even if you lag/double click/whatever, you literally can’t accidentally exchange more than you intended.

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

Disabling the button is definitely a nice feature. It would be nice to have it reset the input numbers to 0 too, so that even if you lag/double click/whatever, you literally can’t accidentally exchange more than you intended.

Yes, this.
While I haven’t seriously burned myself, I have several times spent the money I intended, only to have the input numbers scales to whatever was left on my chr and ended up spending the rest of my funds on a handful more gems.

For this reason I keep most of my money in the bank and only pull out exactly how much I intend to convert to gems.

The “second click” is a really hard habit to break for anyone who avidly uses the BLTP.

An ‘okay’ dialogue might help, but having the input numbers reset to 0 after a gem/gold purchase would be the best preventative.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

Add all the confirmation windows you want, but please give the people who actually know how to function in life the option to turn them all off. It’s getting a bit ridiculous already.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Inspired.6730

Inspired.6730

Add all the confirmation windows you want, but please give the people who actually know how to function in life the option to turn them all off. It’s getting a bit ridiculous already.

This.

Also, contrary to what the OP wants to argue that there should be another confirmation, this is a perfect example of why confirmations don’t work. Because players start ignoring them as a second decision point anyway, and just automatically click through them. They become another click with no associated benefit.

Finally, to the OP: Since gems/gold is a two way conversion, you can always just take your conversion loss and get most of your gold back and not be broke anymore.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Viralseed.9362

Also, contrary to what the OP wants to argue that there should be another confirmation, this is a perfect example of why confirmations don’t work. Because players start ignoring them as a second decision point anyway, and just automatically click through them. They become another click with no associated benefit.

Finally, to the OP: Since gems/gold is a two way conversion, you can always just take your conversion loss and get most of your gold back and not be broke anymore.

In all honesty, the topic was moved when I posted it and the title was changed. My primary complaint is not that there should be a confirmation button. Instead, it feels as if two different programmers created the Black Lion Trading Co. and the Trading Post. The two use the exact same UI assets and yet the Trading Post has an “okay” button after pressing “sell” or “buy.”

I’m asking for consistancy. I don’t want a confirmation button. If another button were to be added, it should follow the “buy” button. This changes nothing for players that do not want to strain fingers clicking the mouse again as most players do not purchase gems within 3 seconds of the last purchase. It would be just as easy to close the window and resume play. I’ll see if I can edit the title of the thread to better explain my issue, but I don’t know if I can change what a moderator edited.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Except there isn’t. The Okay button is simply allows you to see that the transaction took place. It’s a pause to show you the confirmation, that’s all. You can’t back out of a transaction once you press the buy or sell button.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Viralseed.9362

Except there isn’t. The Okay button is simply allows you to see that the transaction took place. It’s a pause to show you the confirmation, that’s all. You can’t back out of a transaction once you press the buy or sell button.

Yes? That’s what I’m implying. Once you hit “buy” or “sell,” you are committed to the purchase. The same applies to currency exchanges. I don’t have any problem with that as i was committed to purchasing gems when I saw the obvious “buy” button as I am when I exchange tokens for in-game items (although that is usually followed by an additional window).

The difference is that after pressing “buy” or “sell” in the Trading Post, an “okay” button replaces the original button and prevents players from another transaction without selecting the next item (or another item). The Black Lion Trading Co does not feature the same thing when exchanging currency and is instead replaced with the same “buy” button even though the two sections use the same UI elements.

There is a lack of consistancy. Adding an “okay” button changes nothing in the sense that there is no additional clicks required to exit the exchange. You can still click the “x” in the corner or press ESC to close the window. All an additional “okay” button does is add consistancy to prevent an additional, immediate purchase. I’m not asking for a refund, nor am I expecting it. It was my mistake and I’ll deal with it. For future transactions, I would prefer to see a consistancy added to the Trading Post and Black Lion Trading Co.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Ah, no wonder, you don’t want a “are you sure?” button just an acknowledgement between transactions.

I think the assumption is when you buy or sell gems, you do the transaction once and not multiple times and can’t fail like a TP buy, so an acknowledgement prompt isn’t really needed. But I get where you are coming from.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes