ONLY replacing the light flame armor set!?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Stormclaw.5031

Stormclaw.5031

This is ridiculous, the heavy set looks just as bad, if not moreso. It doesn’t matter whether the palette swap is of Tier 3 or lowbie karma armor, it’s still an abysmal drop in content quality. I hope you consider replacing all three sets, gem store item or not this is just severely disappointing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Philip.8376

Philip.8376

Finally someone who said it. The heavy armour is INCREDIBLY ugly, and it is an almost exact copy of an already existing set. I can not believe Anet is this lazy; first bascially a copy of previous living story instances, merely placed into the fractals, and now an exact copy of armour, only adding red stripes and then selling them for a massive amount of gems? Get your kitten together… Honestly, I’d like to get some “real” armour for my heavy norn, something like European’s knight armour. Sometimes I do not want to look like an anime character, running around with my 3m long sword…

Also, please, give the medium wearers something else than a trenchcoat; I feel sorry for them. It’s been +- 1,5 years since GW2 came out, and still very few permanent instances, and barely new sets…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flying Cowman.9036

Flying Cowman.9036

I agree. The Heavy armor actually looks worse than the original version in my opinion.
With the medium armor, if you base an armor on one that’s already boring and dull, you are going to end up with one that’s boring and dull.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

I agree with this as well… They couldn’t have picked a worse armour for medium when it comes to charr….

Kima & Co

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arrelaine.5692

Arrelaine.5692

Apparently T3 was the worst offense though. Nevermind the WvW tokens you need or the karma you need to get the armor sets. Nevermind that they’re rehashed skins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

They are ugly and overpriced.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jory.9172

Jory.9172

Whoever is in charge of medium armor hates us.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

They can’t do anything to the medium and heavy armor. Now people (some) have bought these because they like them. There would be the same headache as making the light armor wearers happy with a redesign without the reason to remove.

Why they picked those armors though is a mystery.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aechidna.3084

Aechidna.3084

I especially love that people kitten about the light one being a copy of the tier 3 armor. Ummm the medium is a copy of the Orrian Karma armor and the heavy is a low level drop… No one gripes about that simply because the t3 armor set costs a whopping 119 gold and people who buy it want to be recognized. Technically speaking though saying that it needs to be edited because it’s to similar to another one? How about lies….

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

I understand they wanted to give each class something nice looking. But considering how good the T3 Light Human is, why did you choose one of the ugliest karma armors in the game for heavy? To be honest, when I first heard that new armors were out, I had my gems saved up and I couldn’t wait to get home from work to see the new awesome armor, because till now u really didn’t disappoint. All that just to see that thing in the gemstore… U can basically buy that karma set for less than 1000 karma… Why pick that one, out of all available ones? Why not T3 Norn if u were going for cultural?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

They aren’t replacing it because its ugly, they’re replacing it because its Human T3 cultural armor available for a cheaper price and to all races instead of only humans, and a lot of people were understandably upset by that fact. “Ugly” is subjective anyway, you might not like them but most likely someone does. So changing anything based on some people thinking its “ugly” would be a bad idea. There needs to be a better reason than that.

Now, I would agree they should redo all of them. Not because they’re ugly, though. Because taking existing armors and adding a few flames to them is lame and a cheap way to sell armor, and they should be better than that. But whatever, apparently Anet doesn’t feel that way, so they’re not going to be changed.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Romo.3709

They aren’t replacing it because its ugly, they’re replacing it because its Human T3 cultural armor available for a cheaper price and to all races instead of only humans, and a lot of people were understandably upset by that fact. “Ugly” is subjective anyway, you might not like them but most likely someone does. So changing anything based on some people thinking its “ugly” would be a bad idea. There needs to be a better reason than that.

Now, I would agree they should redo all of them. Not because they’re ugly, though. Because taking existing armors and adding a few flames to them is lame and a cheap way to sell armor, and they should be better than that. But whatever, apparently Anet doesn’t feel that way, so they’re not going to be changed.

That’s all and good. But for the sake of an argument, let pretend light wasn’t T3 human cultural. At that point, looking at the quality of details and design, Light armor is far superior to the given heavy and medium. Given that some people might like it (I saw few of them wearing medium one), but when it comes to the shift in quality between light and medium/heavy, it’s just… well… not fair.
Up till now all the armors they came out with clearly showed the obvious attention to detail and workmanship. And each set, regardless if you liked one more than the other showed that some quality work was put into them. In case of this particular sets (even if we take out the element of reworking already existing armor sets) when u look at them, you can clearly see that way more work was put into detail and craftsmanship on light armor over what medium and heavy was given.
The debate is not about “I think it’s ugly” and “I think it’s good looking”, it’s about the quality of the armors given. The shift is quite noticeable, which makes some classes more unhappy than others.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Lol-ed… so kitten true…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Black Lion Trading Co

Romo.3709

Lol-ed… so kitten true…

Sadly u guys got more love than we did from the person that’s in charge of heavy armor…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Finally someone who said it. The heavy armour is INCREDIBLY ugly, and it is an almost exact copy of an already existing set.

Pssstt..

They are all copies.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LegacyOTS.4681

LegacyOTS.4681

The Heavy Helm doesn’t look bad i think its awesome XD

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Lol-ed… so kitten true…

Sadly u guys got more love than we did from the person that’s in charge of heavy armor…

I prefer the heavy armor selection to the leather one personally. Just depends on your taste.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

Heavy helmet is pretty nice. However I would have to buy the entire set to get it.

Always wanted a “roman” esque helmet (there’s also one at the 9k achievement points chest) that has some particle effects. Although, I’m 300 achievement points short of the radiant helmet so I might as well just wait.

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone