Orichalcum and Elder Wood to go up in price?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Clloydio.3524

Clloydio.3524

With changes that are coming to maps and overflows, are we likely to see a rise in the prices of T6 gathered mats? No more main servers means no more node maps… or am I overestimating the impact that people making gathering runs has on the price of these?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well there are competing factors… while you can’t use a map to get alts through the same route you can enter an unlimited number of new maps per day to get ori and wood.

you could find the ori and wood while a map is highly populated, party with someone doing an event there and cycle through your alts to collect all the resources.

The later in the day when the events are over and a different map has spawned you can locate the new maps spawn points and cycle through your alts to collect everything a second time.

You basically have access to much more ori and elder wood now, you just have to work a little harder to get to it.

So it depends on how many people are going to put in the work. Either way I don’t think the prices will be effected too much because most of the supply comes from salvaging not gathering in my experience.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

That is a good point. Maybe they’ll bring back the rich ori nodes?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

unsure how many people server hop at the perma node. if it’s in the thousands I would think to see a change in ori, as that would be 6 less per toon/per day. If it is not in the thousands I don’t expect to see much change in ori. I do recall a time I had a couple alts I rarely used parked there. It seemed to me I seen a good share of what I assumed was server hoppers. People appearing and disappearing frequently.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Keep in mind though, that the megaserver system will be rolled out for starter maps and cities only with the feature patch. They didnt announce yet, when the system will be in place for lvl 80 maps.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

danielrjones.8759

yes I seen some changes may not happen till the end of the year. Not wanting to dis Anet, but we’ve heard the “end of the year” comment before.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

@ZudetGambeous

Idk if you’ll be able to cycle through and get unlimited amounts. It may keep a running count per area map. For example, I run my alts through FG daily. Even if I were to guest, I’m still limited to 2 ori and 2 ancient wood per character for the FG map. In other words, once I get the 2 nodes of each on one FG map I can’t then guest to another FG map and get another set of nodes. It’s a fixed hard limit to the number of nodes each character can gather.

Now other nodes, such as iron, silver, etc.. may be different. The orichalcum/ancient wood seems to function more like permanent rich nodes. Once you gather a permanent rich node on a map you can’t guest and gather it again until after reset.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

Yes. The prices will go way up. As me and half my guild won’t be able to cycle these random maps on 4+ chars everyday. And judging by the dozens of players I encounter across my current harvest runs, many other players won’t. Finding the nodes after patches is time-consuming enough. I don’t imagine anyone putting the effort of scouring a map top to bottom to find these nodes on more than one char every single day. And that will be likely to hoard mats for personal use, as scarce as they will be. So I can easily see orichalcum/ancient going to T6 mat prices if this current random spawn nodes is set in motion when the megaserver expands to lvl80 zones. Hopefully they’ll think it over and find a way to make nodes static cross-dimension and reset of a specified timer, like change on dailies reset or something, instead of when you leave and enter a map. My advice, hoard it while you still can.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

You can’t collect Ori and Elder Wood not again on other maps. For example there are 2 Ori Spots in Frostgorge. If you collect 1 on Riverside and 1 on Kodash thats it. No matter on what server you go, both Ori Spots are gone for that day for that character.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I thought Orri was character bound not account bound, so it would or shouldn’t matter.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

there are guestable ori/anci wood node… ?

as far as i know, ori and anci wood nodes kinda tied to certain id that are maintained across servers, meaning that if you already harvested a node with that id, if you hop to another server that node will appear harvested.

the only node that is guestable is the ori node at the karka champ cave…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Black Lion Trading Co

Beldin.5498

I thought Orri was character bound not account bound, so it would or shouldn’t matter.

Yes .. its character bound, so you can collect 2 ori nodes in Frostgorge with each char, but you cannot collect 6 on 1 character with guesting on other servers.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

The issue is (or will be) HOW is the map named and IF characters will have any ability to somehow SELECT a specific map to load into. If the map is identified in some way, reporting of the nodes on THAT map can be done (and posted online). You will then need a way to ensure that you load into THAT map to farm the known node locations. I’m guessing that if your character joins a party with a member already in the desired map zone, you could then get to the right map. It is certainly going to be interesting (and maybe not possible to track and farm like we do now).

Also, according to the Anet’s goal here (higher population maps) it is going to be MORE likely that maps stay populated 24/7 and thus do NOT regenerate and move nodes.

However, they already have a map “rotation” system in place to remove maps from the server and start a new zone map (like when an updates come out). If they intend to intentionally make it difficult (if not impossible) to load multiple characters into the same map every time, they have the tools already in place.

There is way too much information we do not know to do much more than speculate on whether or not resource farming can be accomplished as it is now.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

As with any load balancing system, selection is made FOR you. What would the point be of the megaserver if people could still select the instance they wanted? Kind of breaks the idea. As far as prices, yeah, T6 mats will continue to climb (as if 40 silver for a vicious claw isn’t high enough) as farming becomes harder.

I would say prices for rare armor and weapons will also climb since the event schedule is going to be limited. Since they are hitting home cities and 1-15 zones first, there goes the queensdale champ train, the maw and FE.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fenar.4025

Fenar.4025

Price of orichalcum and ancient wood are very likely to go up because I suspect a bunch of people farm those nodes. One change might be that people will run through Orr more often and farm there. No more easy Frostgorge farm on alts, though

Other prices may not go up as much as some people think. One factor might be how much stuff you can get from spvp after the patch. Maybe that will become the new way to farm?

in Black Lion Trading Co

danielrjones.8759

regarding ori/ancient and guesting, yes those are character bound limited to x amount per map regardless of server. What I found when I was farming them daily on multiple alts. I did use the guesting system. Not to get more but to expedite the runs. I would memorize spawn locations of 3 maps and guest according to which was quickest. I would think many people would do that. Using the guesting method would enable me to farm anywhere from 250-350 ori a day usually 50 ori per alt depending on my farming mood.
imo megaserver will reduce the rate of farming for the hardcore ori/wood farmers that did the same thing.

(edited by danielrjones.8759)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

As with any load balancing system, selection is made FOR you. What would the point be of the megaserver if people could still select the instance they wanted? Kind of breaks the idea. As far as prices, yeah, T6 mats will continue to climb (as if 40 silver for a vicious claw isn’t high enough) as farming becomes harder.

I would say prices for rare armor and weapons will also climb since the event schedule is going to be limited. Since they are hitting home cities and 1-15 zones first, there goes the queensdale champ train, the maw and FE.

The champ train will be unaffected. Champs are not world bosses. Maw, FE and Shadow Behemoth will be affected by this.

Edit: They’re also not hitting racial cities/level 1-15 zones first, so that’s sort of a nonissue. There’s an update thread in the Discussions area.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

(edited by Guhracie.3419)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

unsure how many people server hop at the perma node. if it’s in the thousands I would think to see a change in ori, as that would be 6 less per toon/per day. If it is not in the thousands I don’t expect to see much change in ori. I do recall a time I had a couple alts I rarely used parked there. It seemed to me I seen a good share of what I assumed was server hoppers. People appearing and disappearing frequently.

See, this is my thought as well. I’ve known you can server hop since like week one (I’ve been playing a year), but it’s actually just not worth it to me to do so. It might work out in the math; but it wasn’t enjoyable, so I didn’t do it.

Kinda like Queensdale champ train – ran it maybe a total of 2 hours (John keep me honest), hated it, left.

Frostgorge’s train remained fun for me (even if for no other reason but the adrenaline of keeping up), so I ran that one into the ground until it died on Dragonbrand like in January-ish.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Treebeard The Swift.9620

Treebeard The Swift.9620

yeah but isn’t there going to be a massive influx of new chinese players adding mats to the tp? This could be an emergency economy fix, limiting it before it becomes as common as bloodstone dust.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

yeah but isn’t there going to be a massive influx of new chinese players adding mats to the tp? This could be an emergency economy fix, limiting it before it becomes as common as bloodstone dust.

They dont have the same tp.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

No, they have their own servers and TP.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

IMO ori will (when they introduce ascended jc-ing) but ancient wood won’t.

Wood just isn’t that high in demand and I can’t foresee any reasons for it to spike high enough to where it would be worth while buying it up now. That being said, if you see it you should obviously pick it up.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Basically if you look at at ancient wood log purely from the supply side there will probably be a decrease and if we assume demand holds steady the price should go up.

However, there might be factors which aren’t obvious such as :

- Maybe not many people did log runs so minimal dent to supply
- Maybe more logs come from salvaging than gathering so same as above
- Maybe the demand will taper off after people max crafts which equalizes the drop in supply and the price stays the same

etc

Always interesting to look at stuff like this and see what happens though

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in Black Lion Trading Co

Beldin.5498

We never know what new receipes they invent. I remember that ancient wood was worth under a silver before the ascended patch, there were even days when T5 wood was worth more than T6.

And after waiting for many months that the prices may rise i gave up at some point and sold most of my wood .. and then came the patch .. and i had nearly no wood anymore

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

You are forgetting the other way that players get these Tier 6 mats. From salvaging Level 80 armor.

The majority of Orichalcum and Elder Wood I got was from salvaging armor and weapons. Not from actually mining them from the nodes.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

There won’t be a change about their price. Because you can’t collect more nodes by guesting. Even if their spawn locations are different in each server, you will see that you have already collected these differently located nodes after guesting . It’s about map+node count of the map+character, not about servers. If there’s 5 ori node in cursed shore and you’ve collected 5 of 5, then you will see that all ori nodes are already collected in guested servers too. You can collect them again in the same map by switching to an alt character btw. And it’s not account bound, character bound. (Well, if they didn’t change it in the latest patches, I’m not collecting ores anymore)

(edited by Umut.5471)