[PROs and CONs] New Trading Post

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

The primary pain as Ensign mentioned is the power users. Partially because power users are the most ingrained with how / where information was given before and what the most efficient sequence of clicks was. That will partially fix itself as there are many new conveniences to get used to and some non-obvious shortcuts that power users will figure out over time just as you did with OTP.

My use of the TP is mostly selling everything I can after completing a dungeon/fractal run. I have given myself some time to learn the new quirks of the TP. I am still experiencing new pain due to inconveniences that have been introduced.

Am I a power user ?
Because if I am, I’d like you to describe the habits of the players who aren’t.

Here are my problems with the new trading post.

The slider is a useless control
There are three use cases to consider.

- I want to buy/sell a single item. Assuming I have adjusted the quantity for some reason, that’s simple, just swipe the slider to the left. But a button that sets the quantity to 1 would be much better.
– I want to buy/sell the maximum amount. A simple swipe to the right. But a button that sets it to the maximum would be much better. Like the sell maximum button we used to have.
– I want to buy/sell any other quantity. Here the slider is useless because it doesn’t let me quickly set the exact quantity I want. So I use the quantity field.

Solution: Remove the slider, replace it with a button to set quantity to maximum and one to set it to minimum. Leave the quantity field in place.

Losing track while selling
When I list items for sale, I sell them from top to bottom. I always bring up the create sell order dialog, because I care about the sell order price, not the buy order price displayed on the item list and I rely on the minimum allowed price to tell me if an item is worth listing. Some items aren’t worth listing on the TP, so they remain in my inventory. When I have a few of them, then list an item, I can easily lose track of which item is the next one to sell, because the dialog hides the item list.

I never had the problem with the old trading post because I could always see the item list.

Lowering price by 1c with keyboard doesn’t always work
My usual method of setting a price is to select the lowest sell order, clicking the copper amount field and hitting the down key on my keyboard to reduce the price by one copper. Normally this works.
But it doesn’t work when the copper field is showing 0 (eg, 4 silver, 0 copper). So I have to instead click on a very tiny button.
The previous TP had this working. So fix it.

The extra clicks are an improvement in my mind. All they do is slow everyone down, which means it takes longer before I hit the message saying I’m trying to sell too fast. So I’m hitting it less, which is way less frustrating.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I would ask for these changes

1) when selling more than one of an item, it should automatically set it for the maximum being sold or have a box to type in amount, the slider is cumbersome.
2) the option to click on a button and save a preference for when selling, either to always set a bid or sell to highest buyer. This button should remain visible for if I want to change my preference.
3) when canceling old items from the bottom of the sell list, don’t have it leap up to the top again. It makes me scroll back down repeatedly to the end of the list.
4) have a final price that shows exactly how much I am getting. If I’m trying to sell a lot of items it’s annoying and takes unnecessary time to have to calculate the final price on each one. How much I’m getting is an important piece of information and should be automatically displayed.

At this point the trading post feels very cumbersome.
Click on item to sell
If it’s more than one, click on the bar to set it to maximum (unnecessary click)
Click on the right side to set a bid, as I almost never sell to highest buyer (unnecessary click for me)
Look at prices. Add up the TP taxes. Subtract from total. Make sure this is an acceptable price. (unnecessary work and extra time that the TP should be doing automatically)
Hit sell.
Hit the accept button (to me, unnecessary click. It’s already gone at that point. It’s not like I could get it back by changing my mind. I don’t see the value of hitting accept after hitting sell if it’s gone anyway).

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

What does “Total Price” mean when selling an item? Why is it called the “Total Price,” when it is not the total of any prices?

If I buy apples, and the price is .89 per apple…and I buy one of them, the price is 89 cents per apple. If I buy 100 of them, the price is…..89 cents per apple.

Cost, well that’s something else. Sounds like nit-picking, but it’s little things like that, added up, that make the new TP very confusing.

When selling, “Total Price” is neither the price, nor is it the total. Nor is it the net profit. It is the amount of money that the buy will pay for your stuff. I don’t care what the buyer pays, I care how much money I get. Break out the calculator.

Because total price is your total price. If you buy 10 with a MAX price of 1s and the first 4 is 89c, 1 for 92c and 5 for 95c then your total price is 9.23s.

The old TP didn’t have a max price filter. You just said you wanted 10 and it automatically checked off all the prices that would be required to buy 10 and gave you a total to OK. Now if you didn’t notice that there was a price jump from 89c to 1.2s after 4, too bad. Of course that overlooks the notion that you didn’t care, quantity was more important than price. You wanted 10 now regardless of the price.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I noticed last night that the list of items you have available to sell isn’t ordered the same.
click ‘sell’, navigate to the bag you want to sell, the items are listed in alphabetical order (I think?). If you’re ordering the big list by the bags, you should also order the items inside the bags by the order they are in your inventory.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

the most annoying thing to me is that the search box erases my input when i add/delete a filter…

my searches usually go something like…

>type “foefire”
>delete engineer filter
>type “foefire”
>delete “only show available”
>type “foefire”
oh! theres foefire’s essence!

or…

>type “phoenix”
>delete engineer filter
>type “phoenix”
>select skins category
>type “phoenix”

please give the search box a 10 second memory =(

Anyone else see this? Removing filters empties the text box.. but it doesn’t remove the foefire breadcrumb when i tried to replicate this.

Also.. to save you a bunch of clicks.. type foefire or phoenix from the home page. worked immediately for me.

Removing filters is indeed removing the search results as well as emptying the text box for me.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chalky.8540

Chalky.8540

The button at the bottom of the filter should be “apply filter” not “reset filter”. It’s really unintuitive at the moment and it seems pretty insane that I am force to send 4 or 5 useless requests to the TP server when I configure a filter instead of just setting everything up and clicking a button to apply it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

The button at the bottom of the filter should be “apply filter” not “reset filter”. It’s really unintuitive at the moment and it seems pretty insane that I am force to send 4 or 5 useless requests to the TP server when I configure a filter instead of just setting everything up and clicking a button to apply it.

Oh, it means to apply filter? Lol. I never touched it because I didn’t want to reset the filter back to the default.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

What happened to items listed before the new TP was implemented? I can’t see those on my Selling History.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Probably still there. To bad you can’t check on them.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

What happened to items listed before the new TP was implemented? I can’t see those on my Selling History.

Mine were still there.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Cons:
1)Let’s say I want to buy 50 Sharpening Stones. The TP has 2 available for 13s and 100 available for 13s1c. I want to buy now instead of putting an order.
Previously, I’d just type 50 in the buy now box and the TP will give me the 2 for 13s and 48 for 13s1c.
Now I have to buy the 2 first then restart and buy the other 48.
Unnecessary change is unnecessary.

2)Confirmation/ok popup. The trade has already happened and cannot be undone so there’s no need for this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Assuming sellers then here’s a better way. Up the max price either by altering the value below the quantity slider, simply add gold via the mouse wheel is easiest or click on one of the more expensive buyers. Now the quantity can be raised beyond the 1st seller’s quantity. Before the TP would automatically select the minimum number of sellers to make your purchase happen. Now you have to do that yourself.

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

I’d like to comment on the new TP as well after a few days of use. In short, the new interface is great in comparison to the old one. You have to change your clickflows, but after that you’re faster than before. Quick selling after your dungeon run as well as trading huge quantities of stuff.

PRO:
- the incremental search
- you use the mouse for everything, once you found your item. No constant change between input fields and mouse clicks.
- both listings (buy/sell) visible at the same time, giving you instant overview about price structure
- browseable categories with automatic filtering in addition to manual filtering. The whole browsing, filtering and sorting system is absolutely great. Sane categories. The one who designed and implemented this has really done a great job. Congratulations!
- much faster and smoother response. Almost no lags as with the old TP.
- to increase or decrease offers by 1 copper: just one click on the up/down control

NOT SO PRO:
- the 2 buy/sell listings are too small. Must always scroll.
- the whole TP window could be bigger. Should be resizeable. Usually, we play on a 1920×1080 monitor, don’t we? Why this tiny TP window?
- "OK and “Continue” buttons in the confirmation window redundant after selling, if you sold every item of a stack. “Continue” is only relevant if you didn’t sell all items if is a stackable item.
- filter and current item is gone after you close and reopen TP window. This is the same as with the old TP, but still annoying as hell. If you must always open the gem shop as TP starting window, ok, fine, but please keep filter and current item, so I can continue my shopping/selling from where I left off to attack this enemy that just attacked me.
- undesirable default on highest buyer or lowest seller. I wish this were user-configurable and saved between sessions
- default listing size too big (icons too big->too much scrolling) and “I am Evon Gnashblade” listing too small with smashed icons. I would like something in between.
- Evons listing mode is not saved between sessions as a default

In response to other criticism:
- I really got familiar with the number bar instead of typing the number of items to sell/buy in an input field. 1 item: click on left end of bar. maximum/250 items: click on right end of bar. A distinct number: drag the marker, then use the scroll wheel. For me, this is actually faster than typing a number, because I can keep my hand and my mind focused on the mouse and I am not forced to change to the keyboard, move the focus to the input field, replace the number in the field (this alone was horrible), then change back to the mouse.

(edited by Silmar Alech.4305)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Omar Aschi Popp.7496

Omar Aschi Popp.7496

New TP was build to(visually) please the lowest common denominator; facebook gamers

Seriously, did we need this gaudy, and blatantly childish(8+) interface to confirm sells etc?
What’s next, you level up and instead of your progress bar just flashing and the sound, you get a GIANT dialogue box blocking your screen saying “CONGRATULATIONS, You are now level X; You have gained a LEVEL!”

I don’t understand why you would clog the resources, and it IS graphic intensive, of the game and peoples computers(whom by most account are mostly running at base spec)… for a trivial and unappealing, and completely unnecessary update.

TL:DR; new TP looks like puke
would rather look at excel spreadsheets/10

List of people whose posts speak on my behalf:
Lunar Sunset.8742
Rogue.7856

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Eggman.1405

Eggman.1405

Anyone know if there is a way around this situation?

Lots of buy offers for mithril ore at 37c
30 mithril ore at 38c available
Want to put offer in for 200 mith ore at 38c.

Will only let me put a buy offer in for 37c (with the other several thousand) or buy the 30 mith ore at 38c maximum.

All you can do is clear out the existing listings that are offering the price you want to pay, then you will be allowed to put the rest in on buy order.

So if you see qty. 30 @ 38c and the next entry in the list is qty. 1524 @ 39c, you have to buy the 30 units, then you can place the buy order for the other 170 you wanted at 38c.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Anyone know if there is a way around this situation?

Lots of buy offers for mithril ore at 37c
30 mithril ore at 38c available
Want to put offer in for 200 mith ore at 38c.

Will only let me put a buy offer in for 37c (with the other several thousand) or buy the 30 mith ore at 38c maximum.

All you can do is clear out the existing listings that are offering the price you want to pay, then you will be allowed to put the rest in on buy order.

So if you see qty. 30 @ 38c and the next entry in the list is qty. 1524 @ 39c, you have to buy the 30 units, then you can place the buy order for the other 170 you wanted at 38c.

Sadly, or not, the game no longer roles over excess buy or sell orders into bids or sale orders. Just like you are required to increase you max price if you want to buy a quantity beyond the first seller as oppose to auto selecting multiple sellers. I think the logic is to make the user aware of these former automatic systems and take direct action to get a similar result.

Before a player could want 10 of something and while there was 2 @ 2s, the next 8 could be at 10s and the player may not have noticed that he wasn’t getting all 10 @ 2s. So now they would have to either select a range of sellers or up their max amount per unit to increase the quantity available.

Same with selling to a high bidder when the bidder doesn’t want all the player is selling. The player would end up with a sell order at the previous high bid for the remainder. Now they have to enter the bid manually or, and I haven’t been able to test this, select multiple buyers or lower their minimum per unit price. I simply don’t have anything in large quantity that there’s a buyer who couldn’t take the entire amount to properly test. I’m simply assuming symmetry from the buyers side.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

The Trading Post would be very similar to Eve Online’s market on the backend. The only differences I can see are:
– The GW2 TP has a higher volume of trades.
– Eve’s market tracks item location. The TP doesn’t.
– Eve’s market has all orders expire after a duration. The TP doesn’t have orders expire.

So I have a question for ANET: What does ANET see in the user interface for the Eve Online market that makes directly copying it into GW2 undesirable ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Claenden Dannagh.8346

Claenden Dannagh.8346

Here’s one for you: I needed to buy 8 platinum ore. Just 8.

Open the TP. Search for platinum.
Click the platinum ore.
Scroll the tiny arrow up to 8.
Click Place Ord….no, wait, I want to buy instantly.
Click the top “Current Sellers.”
Scroll the tiny arrow up to 8 AGAIN.
Click Buy Instantly
See a red box, telling me that the thing I was trying to buy has already been sold.
Click out of the box.
Click the top “Current Seller” AGAIN
Scroll the tiny arrow up to 8 AGAIN
Click Buy Instantly
See an orange box telling me that I bought 3
Scroll the tiny arrow to 5
Click “Buy Instantly”
Get a yellow box telling me I bought 5
Click to close the box.
Click to close the TP.

Wow.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Click the platinum ore.
Click Buy Instantly
See a red box, telling me that the thing I was trying to buy has already been sold.
Click out of the box.
Click Buy Instantly
Click “Buy Instantly”
Click to close the box.
Click to close the TP.

Wow.

It is annoying but if you want to buy multiples of something that the current lowest sell order will not cover. You will need to put a check mark next to the additional sell orders. Selecting the quantity will then work as expected.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Click the platinum ore.
Click Buy Instantly
Click out of the box.
Click Buy Instantly
Click “Buy Instantly”
Click to close the box.
Click to close the TP.

Wow.

Rightclick on platinum in the crafting panel or collectible tab and click Buy more on TP
Click on the 5th lowest listing in the right window
mark the amount window and type 8
Click buy now

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yifang.8260

Yifang.8260

New TP was build to(visually) please the lowest common denominator; facebook gamers

Seriously, did we need this gaudy, and blatantly childish(8+) interface to confirm sells etc?
What’s next, you level up and instead of your progress bar just flashing and the sound, you get a GIANT dialogue box blocking your screen saying “CONGRATULATIONS, You are now level X; You have gained a LEVEL!”

I don’t understand why you would clog the resources, and it IS graphic intensive, of the game and peoples computers(whom by most account are mostly running at base spec)… for a trivial and unappealing, and completely unnecessary update.

TL:DR; new TP looks like puke
would rather look at excel spreadsheets/10

Well put, the friends I’ve asked that like the new tp aren’t very system minded people at all, that’s cool being mechanically minded does have many drawbacks, as I see here much frustration (I see and agree with all of these) but yes I quoted this comment as it really sums up my opinion of the ‘new and improved’ tp, using rich text and more colours, yes artistically it’s ‘better’ but for sure it is hogging more resources and delivering less, it’s at least double the clicks needed to work anything, as with when they changed the Hero tab and Traits, taking away the drop down for traits as well as not defaulting to Equipment when hitting the H key…. The new tp crashes my game almost every attempted use, main crash report I get is timed out creating browser view or something, which leads me to think the needless waste of resources to boot it up causes it (The coherent processes that are necessary to get the tp up keep committing suicide on my end for some reason). Could all be avoided if better consideration of efficiency vs whatever they’ve tried to do here, there’s a reason why data applications such as spreadsheet software tends to not be glamorous!

Am sick of the ‘improvements’ this year with GUI… BBC.iplayer’s website’s new UI is awful, yes ‘looks’ nicer but needs new pages to be opened for tasks that appeared in a panel with the previous design, also less useful information is displayed now…. That joke of an attempt at a space shooter mmo Star Conflict, every patch this year has ruined the UI in some way, making functions less intuitive and… well that’s another game and makes this game look professional…

I second being able to keep the old tp, as the new one crashes many people’s game often and clearly the new tp needs much work they should let people use the new one at their own risk, labelling the new tp a beta. Whatever problems the old tp gave me & it gave me plenty, it never crashed my game!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Becky.8396

Becky.8396

All my older selling auctions have dropped off my transactions now and I have no way to see or access them. This is really crippling. Please fix.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I miss the project profits. Now I actually have to do math to see if I can sell at at profit when flipping crafting mats to crafted items.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I miss the project profits. Now I actually have to do math to see if I can sell at at profit when flipping crafting mats to crafted items.

The projected profits was always misleading because it only included the TP fees, not the tax. You were actually probably losing more money that way, if you weren’t already doing math.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rogue.7856

Rogue.7856

Wanted to list out a couple bugs/annoyances with the new trading post. I hope a dev will see this and confirm these issues are being worked on.

1. Current Transactions Buying - If you have over 200 buy orders, you will only be able to view the most recent 200 orders. Anything older than the most recent 200 orders are hidden and impossible to cancel unless you cancel the orders in front of it. Even if you search by name item #201+ it comes up as “Sorry, no items match this filter.”

Example: If you have 400 orders, to view/cancel order 201-400, you must first cancel all of your most recent 200 orders.

This is a pretty big deal. On the old trading post I could order 1000+ items at a time, and always be able to view and cancel each and every item.
Image: http://s29.postimg.org/7u309n6mf/200_tp.png

2. Buy Order Cancellation - Once clicking the ‘Confirm’ button when canceling a buy order, the scroll bar goes back to the top of the search (default). This can be frustrating when trying to cancel multiple items towards the middle of your buy order list, and having to scroll back to where you left off each cancellation. Again this wasn’t an issue with the old trading post. Also when you click multiple different ‘Cancel’ buttons without confirming them, once you confirm one it turns all other ‘Confirm’ buttons back to ‘Cancel’.
Image: http://s14.postimg.org/nsrh8mhe9/default.png

3. Delivery Box - ‘Take All’ Button Freezing when taking 100 items. Very annoying, but reopening the trading post each 100 items fixes it. This was also not an issue with the old trading post. You used to be able to click the ‘Take All’ button until your inventory was full.

While the functionality of the new trading post is one of the only things I like about the feature patch, I do hope that these issues are fixed, and not ignored for 2 years like the old trading post.

GG Alts 09/09/14

Sept 09 patch, killed me and my wife’s alt experience…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Yifang.8260

Well yes it would only take a few mins at most to code in the profits after costs are deducted, strange that it wasn’t included. a 2year tp and it was only from the 1st feature pack that I finally had a truly reliable tp that loads without fail and needed a restart every now and then, just for them to rewrite the thing and effectively undo what took them so long to achieve, a reliable tp.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kunzaito.8169

Kunzaito.8169

Probably all of these are already mentioned, but more voices means a better chance of being heard, right?

The new TP did bring many needed improvements, but the sell interface is frustrating me a little more every day.

1. I really hate that the default quantity is 1 instead of max. How many times have I listed 1 of a stack I wanted to sell all of?! It seems to me in UX design you want to default to the most common usage, which I have to assume is to sell all of a stack.

2. I do not like that you cannot see/match your lowest listing anymore. I have already done my homework and decided the price point I think something should go for once. I don’t want to do it every time. It was incredibly convenient to just add small quantites of a common item to my existing listing as I obtained them.

3. I don’t like that the total shown is qty x list price. That is useless to me. I want to see what I will make. The old system was bad because it only showed net of 1 of the 2 taxes. This one shows none – not an improvement. Yeah, I can do the mental math with the taxes listed, but math is what computers were created for! Use them!

4. I REALLY don’t like that the Current Sellers list is so short. For highly volatile items you sometimes had to go pretty far down to find a good price wall. Now you have to just guess without using an external resource (which you have to use every. Single. Time. Because again, it won’t just show you your last listing to add to.)

Don’t get me wrong, I am happy for the accurate categories and new drill-down options, but these selling issues are really frustrating and I hope they will be addressed.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

tradepsot shows whats wrong with arneanet

people ask just for an simple armor filter for 2 years

but arenanet has to overhaul the complete thing and make it even worse

The armor filter was all I wanted. I agree with this wholeheartedly.
The same motto is taken into the “balancing” of classes. I understand they want to make more money via the gem store, it’s a business. They could of done that without completely revamping the thing.

My issue with the gemstore is simple, I think it’s far to easy to buy multiple items you did not intend to buy.

-When I buy, I am automatically forced to have a bid item checked by
default.
-If you want to buy now you have to click on the other side, to buy now.
With VERY little effort I can accidentally buy 3, 10, 20 of something, and
the auction house is glad to take every bit of the money I DO have,
even if you cant buy the whole order. <—That wasn’t possible the way it
used to be. Not like it is now.

I also noticed that the symbol that is showing that you have something ‘checked’ to buy, looks like a maximize/minimize symbol on Folders in Windows. It is not clearly a ‘checked box’ like it used to be.

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Etienne.3049

Etienne.3049

I’d say there are several problems with the new trade post:

we are aware some players have ‘hidden’ orders they can’t manage.. and that’s not good.

This alone is plenty of reason for me to prefer the old one (by a lot).

I really miss the information provided by match my lowest listing.

Minor annoyance: there are places where tab doesn’t work anymore where it used to (I have to use the mouse to switch between inputting min and max level of the items I want).

And what we get in return for these problems is armor filters (which I would assume could also have been put in the old TP) and a slightly increased speed?
Doesn’t seem worth it to me. I’d prefer if the old one was returned (or made a selectable option if the two are compatible) until the new one is fixed.

I also dislike some interface stuff of the new one but for now I’ll assume that’s because I was used to the old one.

EDIT: I remembered some more things that annoy me about the new trade post.
Pickup is slower because it seems to want excactly 100 items in the pickup tab but in some weird way which causes the button to take stuff to not do anything while the TP is rearanging stuff.

Can’t click a certain price to see how many are listed up to that price is the total is over 250 (it used to be you could click any displayed price and it’d show how many you’d have to buy to buy all listings at that price and below (in red if it was over 250 ’cause for some reason 250 was and is the limit of everthing but gold)).

(edited by Etienne.3049)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rogue.7856

Rogue.7856

This is a huge bug I found… posted here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/TP-Bugs-Cannot-Cancel-200-Orders/first#post4433220

Update: Pertaining to #1… and this really is a big one! If you cancel 200 buy orders, all other buy orders are hidden indefinitely. So basically if you order more than 200 items you are screwed if you want to cancel them. This is a huge deal, I have atleast 400+ hidden buy orders that I would like to cancel but I can’t! If the market drops I’m SOL! Look at picture, I canceled all my items, or so it would seem, and yet items kept being bought…
Image: http://s30.postimg.org/kz68p3att/cancel.png

Please fix this immediately! Having hidden buy orders is a really big deal!

Attachments:

GG Alts 09/09/14

Sept 09 patch, killed me and my wife’s alt experience…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Yifang.8260

You have too much money {^()^}

Probably all of these are already mentioned, but more voices means a better chance of being heard, right?

The new TP did bring many needed improvements, but the sell interface is frustrating me a little more every day.

1. I really hate that the default quantity is 1 instead of max. How many times have I listed 1 of a stack I wanted to sell all of?! It seems to me in UX design you want to default to the most common usage, which I have to assume is to sell all of a stack.

2. I do not like that you cannot see/match your lowest listing anymore. I have already done my homework and decided the price point I think something should go for once. I don’t want to do it every time. It was incredibly convenient to just add small quantites of a common item to my existing listing as I obtained them.

3. I don’t like that the total shown is qty x list price. That is useless to me. I want to see what I will make. The old system was bad because it only showed net of 1 of the 2 taxes. This one shows none – not an improvement. Yeah, I can do the mental math with the taxes listed, but math is what computers were created for! Use them!

4. I REALLY don’t like that the Current Sellers list is so short. For highly volatile items you sometimes had to go pretty far down to find a good price wall. Now you have to just guess without using an external resource (which you have to use every. Single. Time. Because again, it won’t just show you your last listing to add to.)

Don’t get me wrong, I am happy for the accurate categories and new drill-down options, but these selling issues are really frustrating and I hope they will be addressed.

Excellent points, having a custom default or the system remembering what you last did is better than 1. Same goes for the Hero UI always leaving all options closed, when by and large a player would access Equipment most.
2. Yes it saved time for duplicate items. 3. Yes having no profit calculated is some ways worse than an incorrect one, with an incorrect total if you have an idea what the missing fee is you add that rather than having to add 3 things. Indeed from the Abacus to the first true computers that is their main purpose. Data into information…
4. Everyone I spoke to that like the new tp better than the old one say it’s better to buy from…. Not much use to me as I sell far more than buy, definitely the selling side is weak as I don’t see many people defending it.

tradepsot shows whats wrong with arneanet

people ask just for an simple armor filter for 2 years

but arenanet has to overhaul the complete thing and make it even worse

The armor filter was all I wanted. I agree with this wholeheartedly.
The same motto is taken into the “balancing” of classes. I understand they want to make more money via the gem store, it’s a business. They could of done that without completely revamping the thing.

Good luck if that’s the company’s intent. I’ve never been bullied into parting with real cash to bypass an inconvenience, I’ve virtually never even used a taxi cab in my own country and I don’t buy insurances! If I wanted to I’d play some game that required a subscription or those f2p games that are largely pay to win as they are made so badly that it’s hell and back to progress…

I am more inclined to buy something if I feel it’s good, not cos the alternative is terrible and I can’t think of an example where a slacking organisation succeeds in investing their undeserved spoils to better their services.

(edited by Yifang.8260)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

I just want to buy items outright…. i don’t want to place orders.

They could have retained the old TP and just added improved categories – that would have been sufficient.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pat Cavit.9234

Previous

Pat Cavit.9234

Web Programming Lead

Next

Buying was accidentally switched to default to placing orders. This has been fixed.

We’ve also changed it so that the price per unit will now automatically increase as you increase your quantity.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

Buying was accidentally switched to default to placing orders. This has been fixed.

We’ve also changed it so that the price per unit will now automatically increase as you increase your quantity.

I like I like haven’t tried it out yet, but those sound good.
looking forward to more improvements

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Noticed that the default quantity when selling is now however many you have and not 1. Great job, keep it up!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

Great to see this getting fixed (relatively) quickly and feedback being listened to

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pat Cavit.9234

Previous

Pat Cavit.9234

Web Programming Lead

Noticed that the default quantity when selling is now however many you have and not 1. Great job, keep it up!

Thanks, I knew there was another change I forgot to mention.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Yeah, well, I’d rather it be left at one with a min/max button pair instead. I don’t think you’re going to get away with not eventually providing these buttons. Just putting them at either end of the slider (since the extreme ends of the slider are essentially those buttons already, just not very obvious and too finicky) as actual buttons with “Min” and “Max” on them would be enough. Then let us set an option to decide whether we want default to be 1 item or max. Auto-max isn’t desired by all players. OPTIONS ARE KING, as I frequently like to say.

BUG NOTE: There is a dead gadget on the item Buy/Sell popup page. The scroll up arrow gadget on the Current Buyers list (just under the word “Unit”) is dead. Not sure this has been noted yet, and this thread is getting too big to reread.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Pat, would it be possible to have the profession filter disabled by default? It’s rather annoying to have to remove it all the time when I’m buying gear for characters other than the one I’m currently on (e.g. I’m on a Guardian, but I’m searching for cloth armor.)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kruhljak.2705

Ditto on that. While useful in appropriate circumstances, I feel I’d like it defaulting to that about 1 in 200 times, and having to forever unselect it isn’t a happy thought.

We really need the filter selections to just stick until we hit reset or manually change elements, and to stick across TP usage sessions.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

How realistic is it to wish for a customizable TP UI?
An extra option menu that lets you decide, for example, default settings for :

- Sell to highest bid or add to lowest listing (maybe also an option to overbid/undercut by 1c by default)
- Buy directly or add to highest bid (maybe also an option to overbid/undercut by 1c by default)
- transactions (current/historical) inflated/deflated by default
- sell 1 item/sell max amount

That way, default settings can still be casual/new player friendly while advanced users can customize their preferred settings and reduce clicks.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kruhljak.2705

Fairy dust and unicorns, but….

That’s what should be done since there is no way in hades they can pick a default that won’t irritate a large portion of TP users. Options are critical here. No idea how difficult it is to implement them, but it would be worth the effort as most of the complaints I see (and have) relate in some way to this issue.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Holger Danske.2184

Holger Danske.2184

I want to push the already mentioned issue, that we don’t see our own(!) listings anymore when selling items (i.e. “you are already offerering x for y”).

We had this feature in the org. trading post – now we lost it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

Find it hard to know what items I have multiple of and how many.

Previously it would tell me if i had x3 of a particular item for example. Now I have to visually check in my inventory to see what items i have the most of rather than simply scrolling down a list on the TP.

Now it tells me what I have, but not how many repeats until AFTER I’ve selected to sell it.