Permanent Hairstyle Contract drops again...

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

… for 2 weeks only from Black Lion Chests.

This is why i dont trade in high value items.

Get your chests and fill those 3500g buy orders!

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

(edited by Wanze.8410)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I see a slight increase in Key farming…..

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

If you like to gamble that is. I would most likely pay 3500G in gems first *lol

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Hmm.
Think there will be one posted at 10,000 gold to take advantage of possibly selling it at a very high price before players realize they are dropping in the chests for two weeks and will be able to get it much cheaper soon?

Or perhaps people will just fill those high buy orders before they can be yanked to get what they can for it before they go up in availability.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Except I don’t want the kit itself…..so I’m spending 20 minutes to buy a lottery ticket (that actually pays off something even if I don’t hit the “big money!”).

I think I’ll wonder over to GW2Spidy and see how the buy orders on this item have been effected by this news…..

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Except I don’t want the kit itself…..so I’m spending 20 minutes to buy a lottery ticket (that actually pays off something even if I don’t hit the “big money!”).

I think I’ll wonder over to GW2Spidy and see how the buy orders on this item have been effected by this news…..

I get that, this was in response to the OP of cashing in of the existing 3500g buy orders. Wish you good luck

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

If I get one and sell it for 3500 gold. I’m buying myself a Legendary so people can be impressed with how hard I farmed (oops, Freudian slip) threw money at the game (let me rephrase) worked to get it (that’s better).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Well, the 3,500 gold buy order is gone (highest is 2,501 right now) and there are none currently available for sale, though that isn’t to say some have not been listed and bought up right away. It appears none have been outright listed yet.

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/38507

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

the rate is pretty low(if its like other contracts), and its only two weeks, i think it will still be a high value item lets say they only put out 40 a year.

that will still put it in the realm of the top 4% who want the item.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

… for 2 weeks only from Black Lion Chests.

This is why i dont trade in high value items.

Get your chests and fill those 3500g buy orders!

Fudge. I bought the rescue kit last night and opened 15 chests.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arrelaine.5692

Arrelaine.5692

Hgh, I wish they put it in the store. Oh well. Time to go get keys.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Well, the 3,500 gold buy order is gone (highest is 2,501 right now) and there are none currently available for sale, though that isn’t to say some have not been listed and bought up right away. It appears none have been outright listed yet.

Spidy only checks items every 15 minutes or so (sometimes less often), so the fact that we can’t see any supply for the last 12 hours only means that none have remained on the TP long enough to be recorded.

Theoretically, it’s possible for 100 of the contracts to have been listed, bought up, and disappear. (I don’t believe that, but I would believe that 2-3 have sold today without us noticing.)

See also: John Smith’s various comments on how many precursors change hands via the TP (it’s a lot more than we can tell by looking at Spidy).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Luckily I haven’t bought the Zephyrite Rescue Pack yet. I’m going to try my luck tonight.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gewd.8125

Gewd.8125

Spidy only checks items every 15 minutes or so (sometimes less often), so the fact that we can’t see any supply for the last 12 hours only means that none have remained on the TP long enough to be recorded.

Theoretically, it’s possible for 100 of the contracts to have been listed, bought up, and disappear. (I don’t believe that, but I would believe that 2-3 have sold today without us noticing.)

See also: John Smith’s various comments on how many precursors change hands via the TP (it’s a lot more than we can tell by looking at Spidy).

There is another website that updates more often than 15 minutes and there is no reason to believe a significant number of trades are missing from such a low volume item.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

I’ve been watching this with curiosity since it was announced; there have been a lot of buy orders placed in the 2500-3000 gold range since then (there were only 3 high value bids up there before the patch notes). Seems like there’s a lot of pent up demand for this item at a few thousand gold that just wasn’t showing since orders never filled.

Should be interesting to see how the price evolves over the next couple days.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Its a pity any listed will end in the hands of those “altruist” TP players with too much moneys, to resell later.

As anything rare.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Megis.9264

Megis.9264

It looks like the market manipulators are at it, again.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

and there are none currently available for sale

One for “only” 4750g aaaand 1c now ..

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Venguard.2640

Venguard.2640

If I get one and sell it for 3500 gold. I’m buying myself a Legendary so people can be impressed with how hard I farmed (oops, Freudian slip) threw money at the game (let me rephrase) worked to get it (that’s better).

That’s not a Freudian slip.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

The droprate is way too low for this thing Kind of a big joke because it only drops for 2 weeks. I can only see the price going up.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sylanna.1947

Sylanna.1947

This is something that I think a lot of people really want. I have 2 suggestions: First, leave this as part of the very rare loot in black lion chests permanently. I don’t see the harm in this at all. Or, offer this as something that can be bought from the gem store (even if very pricey) and be account bound so it cannot be sold if bought this way.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

The droprate is way too low for this thing Kind of a big joke because it only drops for 2 weeks. I can only see the price going up.

its because arenanet dont want you to get it – they just want you to buy keys – its a carrot

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

I admit I am one of these Key runners chasing after a carrot.

With that said, I would advise people running keys not to open their chests until the two weeks are almost up.

Why? Anet has a habit of changing drop rates towards the end of events (Chaos of Lyssa being the most recent one of these)

For now, I will keep on doing what most others are. Looking at the buy orders, if any are filled and if more new listings come up.

Teh Ouchies

in Black Lion Trading Co

Charming Rogue.8071

its because arenanet dont want you to get it – they just want you to buy keys – its a carrot

Sad but true…. if they wanted people to actually enjoy the item they would just put it in the gemstore and not behind some RNG pachinko lottery machine

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

They could also be dropping a bit more frequently and most people are just keeping them rather than selling them.

The constant 1@4750g is dragging up the high bid in hopes that somebody showing up to sell will bite rather than post for sale.

One did sell 20+ hours ago at 2950g.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Charming Rogue.8071

They could also be dropping a bit more frequently and most people are just keeping them rather than selling them.

The constant 1@4750g is dragging up the high bid in hopes that somebody showing up to sell will bite rather than post for sale.

One did sell 20+ hours ago at 2950g.

That’s also probably the one flipped and listed at 4750g now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Keep in mind that most people who would get one of those out of a chest would have a hard time coughing up the listing fee right away, so i would guess many people hold on to it right now.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Well, I bought the Zephyrite Rescue Pack for the 15 keys to try my luck. No Permanent Hair Stylist, alas, but I did at least get 6 Ticket Scraps and a Black Lion Salvage Kit, along with a new Rare red dye, so I guess it wasn’t too bad a return.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: leslienz.6832

leslienz.6832

Spent 3000 gold on gems, got nothing. GL guys :O

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Think of BL Kits as the lottery, not a method of increasing wealth: you don’t buy a lottery ticket as a way to make a living. You get a job (or create your own business) and spend a few bucks on lotto as a lark, hoping to be one of the lucky few.

The value in the key (via gems or farming) is in the anticipation before opening it and the tiny, tiny, tiny chance for the excitement (and bragging rights) of finding one of the high-cost items.

tl;dr only buy or farm these if you are having fun doing so.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Uuni.3561

Uuni.3561

Don’t forget looking unique like every single other person in your party, wearing full abyss and/or celestial t3 cultural armor wielding a truly earned legendary weapon that shows everyone how good they are at the game and that a legendary weapons are something to look up to

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

Don’t forget looking unique like every single other person in your party, wearing full abyss and/or celestial t3 cultural armor wielding a truly earned legendary weapon that shows everyone how good they are at the game and that a legendary weapons are something to look up to

Well, I have abyss and celestial and I bought T3 cultural armor for the Emperor title. Once I get my Legendary I will buy the human’s flower hairstyle and put it all together to make an ensemble that will have people saying, “OMG. Not another one!”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Megis.9264

You’d think having the item available again would make the value go down, but noooooooo……. All this did was make it even more exclusive, and a goldmine for market manipulators.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Oh No! The Dreaded Market Manipulators!

Try 18 months of pent up demand with near 0 availability. The high bid was already 2600g, 7 months ago and started going up 3 months ago with the feature patch. Not sure if there was a reddit mining article that hinted at it’s return or not but bids shot up close to 5000g for a day or two to drop back to a more reasonable 3200g.

High Bids
May 1st – 3200g
June 1st – 3400g
July 1st – 3000g
July 25th – 3200g

One contract was on the market at 4999g for a day mid June.

Finding a contract up on the market is like spotting Nessie. Did you actually think they would be selling for 3-400g like when they first came out?

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Megis.9264

Nessie isn’t “very rare”, Nessie is a myth, at best.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arrelaine.5692

Arrelaine.5692

I wish they would make it permanent.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Almost like Permanent Hairstyle Contracts.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astral Projections.7320

Almost like Permanent Hairstyle Contracts.

There are pictures of Nessie….. that’s proves he is real!

If there are any pictures of permanent hairstyle kits, well they were probably photoshopped.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)