Pile of putrid essence investing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Link.6791

Link.6791

Speculation incomming.

Pile of putrid essence is a tier 6 rare 400 crafting material in the same group as lodestones.
Its the only cheap tier 6 material.

The reason why its cheap is because as of yet there is not alot of recepies that use them.
And yes they drop from risen so plenty out there at the moment, but so can be said about many other tier 6 materials and those are much higher in price.
However that may soon change.

Soon there will be alot of new recepies out when the crafting limit is upped from 400 to 500.
This may open up alot of new uses for especially 400 crafting materials.

As of now putrid essence cost very close to its vendor price (49 copper) So if you buy them at lets say 60 copper, you can never loose much as you can sell to vendor if needed.
That makes it a very “safe” investment.

Its cost almost 50 silver to make 1 pile of putrid essence, so if demand skyrocket for one reason or another you cant just make them.

A-net has several times in the past made more uses of not so much used materials. And pile of putrid essence is the one in most need of all. And I think the time may very soon come.
Pile of putrid essence is the only cheap “lodestone” crafting material and with all the new recepies/ascended gear comming up I think they will be used a lot more and therefor increase in price.

So, what do you think? Do you think they will finally put out more use for this unloved tier 6 rare crafting material? Let me know your opinion.

- This is just speculation. Do not take it as investment advice. Make your own research and come up with your own conclusions. Keep it constructive

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Sounds like someone stockpiled and wants to profit.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I think a bunch of people bought piles at 50 copper. So it might be high already. It’s worth investing, but maybe too late.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Link.6791

Everytime a topic like this is up someone like you come in and say thakittens a cliche. Get over it.
I made this topic to discuss the case of putrid essence and make people aware of it. Who cares if I have a stack of them.

Its just a curious case/opportunity with these pile of putrid essence. Cause if A-net repeat what they have done with other unloved crafting materials then you could win big on these.

They are a lvl 400 crafting material, soon we will be able to craft to lvl 500. That means we will need lvl 400 crafting materials to craft to lvl 400. And piles of putrid essence is so chap compared to any other rare crafting material. This could change.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Who cares if I have a stack of them.

People who care about the well-being of others.

The difference between friendly banter and manipulating the masses is whether or not you have any in your inventory, something which is ridiculously hard to prove (or disprove in this case).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Link.6791

The difference between friendly banter and manipulating the masses is whether or not you have any in your inventory, something which is ridiculously hard to prove (or disprove in this case).

Oh boy, “People who care about the well-being of others.” – Dont you think youre overreacting just a little?

Take ot as you like. But this topic is to make people aware of the situation. There are many putrid essence dropping. So many that a topic on the forum wont manipulate prices. Its like calling people manipulators for pumping/bashing stocks on yahoo stock forum. Lol.

But that discussion ends here. Your critism is making the topic messy and unconstructive and go under the spam category. So please stop mate – You already made your point

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Robles.7458

Robles.7458

I think it´s a bad idea invest now in putrid essence, because:

1. You say that new recipes will be added soon, but you don´t know that. They could be added in December. I don´t think they will be added before two months and it could be more time.

2. We don´t know how will work crafting to 400 to 500, so it could be a good or a bad invest.

3. Although the price of putrid essence might rise in a few months, you could get a lot of more in other investments now, and if you want then invest in putrid essence after one or two months. It´s a bad idea wait 3-4 month until price rises when you can get x2 in one month if you invest in other items

(edited by Robles.7458)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Link.6791

I think it´s a bad idea invest now in putrid essence, because:
1. You say that new recipes will be added soon, but you don´t know that.

You said it yourself “You dont know that”
And thats the point. Noone knows when/how they will implement new recepies involving putrid essence.
But one thing is sure; they will do sometime in the future, and when they just make the tiniest hint that they will you will be too late.

The investment is very little to no risk because you can buy them close to vendor value.

IF everyone knew what would rise noone could make any money. If you have some nice investment ideas you feel is better, thats nice, if you share them even better.

GL

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nub.2391

Nub.2391

cough*, i had 50k of putrid sitting in the bank. plz use this topic to boost putrid to double price so i can unleash them all. cough*

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: boredinbc.2786

boredinbc.2786

If the increase from 400 to 500 crafting adds an additional tier of resources the value of t6 mats could drop drastically. Putrid essences are not currently undervalued given what they can be used for, investing in them now hoping that they will be used in future crafting recipes is purely speculative.

You could always try the Moa track.

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

If you can buy them at vendor price that’s fine. The problem is they are somewhat 65-70 copper. It may not seem alot, but if you vendor them you loss like 30% of your money. So there is risk.

I invtested like 3k of it. Some were bought when they are 50 copper.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I have 4 stacks of them I bought months ago.

I was hoping to make a compelling argument to Agent Smith that we should be able to flush them down the Mystic Forge 4 at a time for a random mat of that color/tier. I never got around to being persuasive, so they just sit on a mule. I’d say ‘sit mouldering’, but they look like they’ve already rotted down to a stable state .

But seeing them gain some application (and thus value) would make me happy even if I never sell a single one of the 1,000+ I have squirreled away.

(I believe they do appear in one of the new recipes in the Crown Pavilion.)

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

If the increase from 400 to 500 crafting adds an additional tier of resources the value of t6 mats could drop drastically. Putrid essences are not currently undervalued given what they can be used for, investing in them now hoping that they will be used in future crafting recipes is purely speculative.

that or go up drastic depending on how they say we need to make the mats for 500:)

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: boredinbc.2786

boredinbc.2786

that or go up drastic depending on how they say we need to make the mats for 500:)

Absolutely. The point I was trying to make is that based on what we we know, the best we can do is guess. It’s not even a good educated guess either, it’s a gamble.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Nub.2391

problem is, this is not the first topic about putrid.
exactly, 8 month ago on winter event, there was a same topic about investing into putrid and call for people to hoarder it. and then as u can see, today we have this topic …again ^__^
i think the person above ^ is the one bought some putrid from that time.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Articluna.4509

Articluna.4509

Oh boy, “People who care about the well-being of others.” – Dont you think youre overreacting just a little?

Take ot as you like. But this topic is to make people aware of the situation. There are many putrid essence dropping. So many that a topic on the forum wont manipulate prices. Its like calling people manipulators for pumping/bashing stocks on yahoo stock forum. Lol.

But that discussion ends here. Your critism is making the topic messy and unconstructive and go under the spam category. So please stop mate – You already made your point

I care. But that has nothing to do with wellfare of other people.

I just don’t want to be part of your scheme to pump and dump your 20,000/25,000→80,000/100,000 (1-4 mules with 15/20 slotters without backbag expansions) putrid essences @ 1 silver (73,5/66,7%~% profit).

They could also be legit long time investment, but one never should underestimate power of quick pump and dump. I’ll stockpile another alt full of them once price is 49-57c margin again. After all, it’s only after 58c that someone could even possibly start making profit.

OooOOoohh, box of shinies. So many shinies!
Outsource rng → profit.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Speculation incomming.

Pile of putrid essence is a tier 6 rare 400 crafting material in the same group as lodestones.
Its the only cheap tier 6 material.

The reason why its cheap is because as of yet there is not alot of recepies that use them.
And yes they drop from risen so plenty out there at the moment, but so can be said about many other tier 6 materials and those are much higher in price.
However that may soon change.

Soon there will be alot of new recepies out when the crafting limit is upped from 400 to 500.
This may open up alot of new uses for especially 400 crafting materials.

As of now putrid essence cost very close to its vendor price (49 copper) So if you buy them at lets say 60 copper, you can never loose much as you can sell to vendor if needed.
That makes it a very “safe” investment.

Its cost almost 50 silver to make 1 pile of putrid essence, so if demand skyrocket for one reason or another you cant just make them.

A-net has several times in the past made more uses of not so much used materials. And pile of putrid essence is the one in most need of all. And I think the time may very soon come.
Pile of putrid essence is the only cheap “lodestone” crafting material and with all the new recepies/ascended gear comming up I think they will be used a lot more and therefor increase in price.

So, what do you think? Do you think they will finally put out more use for this unloved tier 6 rare crafting material? Let me know your opinion.

- This is just speculation. Do not take it as investment advice. Make your own research and come up with your own conclusions. Keep it constructive

OP, I thought about this ever since the game released. Then I realized back in December what an unsound investment it is, and I sold off all my stacks (over 36). Here is why:

Essence only drop from risen mobs. It does not make any sense for Anet to release new recipes that have no relation to the Risen that use essence. Right now the current uses are for potions, and undead runes/sigils.

I could understand investing in lodestones, or t6 mats, since those drop from a wide variety of mobs. But essence drops from a huuuge selection of risen classes, whether they are fish, giants or krait.

The only situation where I see Anet addressing piles is using it as a trade in like they did with the Sanctum boxes.

I’m sure Anet will make future use of essence. But time is moeny and I don’t think it’s worth putting your gold in an asset that will take forever to appreciate.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

I remember some time back there was the anticipation that the putrid essence would be used in a craft recipe and it was not.

I bet some people have been holding onto those stacks for a very long time and I doubt that there will be any attempt to use it in a new recipe. On the contrary, the recipes seem to make use of the same lodestones and items that all the other recipes use (which sucks).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Link.6791

Vol,

I completely agree in your assesment. It is not likely they will add a big use for putrid. But I find it very likely that they will do something. And with a rare tier 6 material that little “something” may mean a huge spike in price.

Yes many people incl myself have speculated in this for very long. But what is the loss if you can buy them at vendor price?
The thing I think is changed now is the 400 to 500 crafting. It will no doubt mean a huge turnover of the current crafting system and it may and I say may be that putrid essence may play a role in that senario.

A-net has radically changed unloved ingredients resulting in huge pricespikes even with only 1 new recepie for the material.

The fact that they drop from risen is not rly very diffrent from lodestones. Every lodestone drop from enemy specific mob + things like fractals. Yes sure risen is farmed much much more but the cheapest lodestone is 40silver and putrid is in the same crafting category.

In my first post I stated twice that it is pure speculation. If you want to actively trade your gold in other stuff thats good for you. Some people like the long shots and low risk investements. No one should put all their eggs in one basket, so a little speculation shouldnt hurt.

If it fails, you sell for vendor price and loose a small ammount. If you win you COULD win big. It only requires very very small change for them to spike up massively at least for a period.

GL with your investments.

in Black Lion Trading Co

laokoko.7403

May I ask how many you bought link. And at what price?

Since you keep mentioning vendor price. But it is at 50% above vendor price for buy order, and twice the vendor price for sell order.

And I don’t know why you would share, except you already bought enough so you want to bump the price up.

There is another item like the putrid essence, I’m trying to stock. I definately wont’ share it, so I can keep buying it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Dat Greymarket Loophole…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mladi Bojevnik.2517

Mladi Bojevnik.2517

I think people are overreacting a lot with “you stockpilled a lot you just want to make people buy”. Yeah that tactic had its golden age at the start of the game with people buying thousands of BL chests, pumpkins … basically everything you posted on forum. These days you can make such posts whole day and it will barelly scratch the market.

I also stockpilled a lot of putrid essence because they remind me of Ancient bones, they also were at some time 33 copper selling ot TP, they are now at 20s+. So it seems that Anet tries to find ballance and putrid at this time is not balanced at all. Now putrid can go up drasticly in 1 week or in 1 year, noone knows that is why it is called speculation but i think it has potential.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mladi Bojevnik.2517

Mladi Bojevnik.2517

they do make a diffrence but if you bought 10 000 at 63 copper and sold them at 90 you made about 13 gold in 2 days. There are a lot of easier ways of making gold than this. But if they acctualy do get a fancy receipe they can hit 10s and profits will be huge ( I think that 400 rare ingredient deserves atleast 10s price).

I am a long term investor so most of things I do take months and occasional 1 day flipps like recent t5 and t6 price spikes. In the mean time i make money playing pve so i guess in the eyes of daily flippers this seems more of an attempt to make quick cash.

And i agree there are other things with potential. I myself have invested in a lot of other items as well.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: VidGhost.3215

VidGhost.3215

I jumped onto this about 2 months ago but only grabbed 9 stacks of 250 ( 2,250 )
at 61silver each not really worried about making a fortune or not, i just dont want to be ought out again like i was on the T6 Ancient bones i had a two stacks of 250 at one point that i sold for 65copper each lol

Mind you in the last 3 days i’ve made 173gold from farming Champs.. ( 3x Crystal Guardian GS drops ) and sold them ASAP.. price of that GS skin has droped from 150g to 40g in less then a week.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

But this topic is to make people aware of the situation.

If a large amount of people are aware of a good investment, it’s no longer nearly as good of an investment because too many people are trying to get it.

There are many putrid essence dropping. So many that a topic on the forum wont manipulate prices.

In the short term, it only takes 2 or 3 people competing to drive up the price of this item closer to 80~1s for a few days.

If it fails, you sell for vendor price and loose a small ammount. If you win you COULD win big.

Again, this is only true if only a small number of people are doing it. In it’s current state (~75c), this is far from the case, unlike a month ago and two months ago. The more people trying to do this, the less this becomes true since it causes prices to go up again.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Link.6791

At 2,50silver now only a few hours after a possible huge huge huge win for putrid essence.
Nuff said

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Why is it up so high now?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Nub.2391

these topic call TP Flipping tools.
i cant wait to release 65k putrid i’ve stocked when it was 60copper ea.

prediction: price will hit higher till last day of lvl 500 crafting update and then people realize that 500 craft doesnt use it and it go back to 80copper ^__^

in Black Lion Trading Co

jazzllanna.1278

Right, but this post had been up a few days and it did not spike like this. I had gotten a stack when I saw they were in one of the new recipes, but now wondering if I missed some news somewhere.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Speculation incomming.

You just made yourself a few gold by putting it out there and having the price skyrocket overnight.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Right, but this post had been up a few days and it did not spike like this. I had gotten a stack when I saw they were in one of the new recipes, but now wondering if I missed some news somewhere.

What new recipes? I don’t think they have released anything in-depth for the new crafting.

It’s pure speculation at this point.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

jazzllanna.1278

The ones from the gauntlet. Rune of tormenting was the only one I think.

No one ever really talked about those runes and the price stayed the same so I never bought more :P Oh well too late now lol