Precursor, 300, 800,1540 now 1850g

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zoxea.9564

Zoxea.9564

Q:

When did the TP will be repaired? Seriouly…..

The concept of the legendary weapons (Get the ingredients, normally, just with the time (6 months, 1 year, 2 years…), is impossible for a large number of people. Impossible for them to follow the price in the time.) is totally broken because the price of precursor is extremly broken days after days, months after months. It’s time for repair the price, it’s time for keep the promise with craft of precursor or others.

Edit:

Kodumio.1234 played 24 hours without stopping. He received the ingredient “precursor”.

Random.9876 played for 24 days, 1 hour per day. He did not get the ingredient “precursor” as prices increased.
Random.9876 continued, it replays for 24 days, 1 hour per day. He did not get the ingredient “precursor” as prices increased.

Random.9876 worked 48 hours and is not paid for his work.

Colin Johanson said:
We still plan to do both new legendary weapons, as well as a clear path (on top of the current random chance) to gain precursors which players can see their progress and understand how much work they have left to do to gain it.

It’s time to offer the guaranteed to get the ingredient “precursor” because many people work hard for NOTHING.

Attachments:

(edited by Zoxea.9564)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

If/when it is actually broken? You took a screenshot of everything working as it should?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Yep. Everything sounds much better in English al right.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: OanSur.4590

OanSur.4590

If you’re asking about prices its not about tp. You can blame anet for increasing gem prices or for tax fee when selling item but not for this.
As you can see there are only 6 dusks available so the price is insane. All precursors are like that in this moment because thanks to wardrobe system you can craft 1 legendary and use it on all characters – Noone sells precursors anymore. Only those in need of gold or those who already have finished legendary and found a pre of the same weapon.

Same goes to crafting materials. There are no good spots to farm them (frostgorge train is a mere shadow of its former self) and if something is rare enough it will cost much gold.

If you would find dawn or the legend would you sell it or would you craft a legendary for yourself ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: feydriva.8047

feydriva.8047

Please, repair it, everytime I go into TP, it takes 3-5sec to load. Annoying !

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Spiky.8403

Spiky.8403

I have to admit that items have weird names, devs should probably look into this and hotfix the issue

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I have to admit that items have weird names, devs should probably look into this and hotfix the issue

And since when do Dire builds have their own chat channel?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I’m wondering which rare sword “Espadon” is.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

espadon means swordfish in french… So I have no idea!

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lilith Ajit.6173

If there’s a swordfish greatsword in game, I need it. Lol

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I have about 4KG worth of inscriptions saved up for new precursor gambling..

but these prices are tempting me to go on a gambling spree again…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I went to the online trading post (I’m not at home atm)
searched for all rare weapons, sorted by price descending
here’s the screen shot
# 3 has the same image and same price, and is named ‘Greatsword’

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gandrogh.1530

Gandrogh.1530

Espadon is the french word for greatsword, and yes it is the same for swordfish

/w Gandrogh Warlord
/w Gandrogh The Fallen
Vizunah’square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Espadon is the french word for greatsword, and yes it is the same for swordfish

I thought it’s the French word for Espanol.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Working as intended.

Sadly for some of us, the intent is to keep these items expensive and nigh impossible to acquire.

The next game is that way —>

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ugdup.2371

ugdup.2371

I don’t have my first legendary yet, BUT.. I find it alot easier to acquire gold now than before, so prices going up is just natural.

Legendary’s arent supposed to be easy to get, it will be more satisfying to finally have one when that time comes :P

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nusku.3941

Nusku.3941

The reason dusk is so high is because people stopped trying to forge greatswords to get it (which stopped a huge gold making method) and less people are pve/wvw for a lot of stuff; that being said, prices going up is not natural, it takes a lot of different elements including drop rate and player base. Also, they’re like an impossible drop…so…….yeah…. what I would do if I were you at this point, buy the precursor if you can, or wait until the rest of them sell and post a high buy order. Good luck!

(edited by Nusku.3941)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zoxea.9564

A real shame… After 1400g it is now 1540g for GS precursor!!!

clap clap clap price totally ridiculous and totally impossible to follow.

REPAIR PLEASE THE GAME IS TOTALLY BROKEN.

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SRG.3607

SRG.3607

As stated several times by ANet employees on various topics, “everything is working as expected”, so don’t expect any change.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Wether you have a precursor or not, they game stays the same.
So what is broken?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It is not broken because an item with low supply and high demand has a high price. I suggest you visit a website about economics and learn why this is working as intended.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lilith Ajit.6173

No… not broken. But I’m remembering the days when people used to complain about precursors and (maybe it was Vol? Maybe someone else sorry Vol if it wasn’t you ^^) people would say “just buy Venom”. I followed that advice and have it as my trident on my main, but realized the other day that my once 10g trident is like… 100. Whoa! Vol was actually trying to get everyone to invest in a really excellent item!

^^

[ARES]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I don’t think anything is broken, but I certainly don’t think this is good for the game to have the options for obtaining your precursor be “absurd luck” or “absurd farming”. Precursor crafting can’t come soon enough to at least equalize the values somewhere and provide people an alternate means of (guaranteed) acquisition beyond throwing gold at someone.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ayrilana.1396

Notice how prices started rising with the new LS season and took another jump Tuesday?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: William Bradley Knight.2609

William Bradley Knight.2609

No… not broken. But I’m remembering the days when people used to complain about precursors and (maybe it was Vol? Maybe someone else sorry Vol if it wasn’t you ^^) people would say “just buy Venom”. I followed that advice and have it as my trident on my main, but realized the other day that my once 10g trident is like… 100. Whoa! Vol was actually trying to get everyone to invest in a really excellent item!
^^

A similar thing happened to me. I had been tossing random rares in the toilet last year and out popped The Bard. It figures that when I finally got lucky it would be one of the cheapest precursors at about 40G at the time. I decided it wasn’t worth selling and I might want to craft The minstrel, so I chucked it in my bank and let it sit. Now it is about 200G and I probably should have bought a few of them back then. Though there are a lot of other better investments for the time, I suppose. A friend bought The Lover a few months back for about 400G and now it is around 700G. But he crafted The Dreamer instead of selling, which is probably an example of one reason why precursor (and T6) prices are escalating…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

You being unwilling or unable to put in the effort required to acquire an expensive item is not a symptom of a problem with the game. It is a problem with you.

Your options are:
1. Put in more time and effort.
2. Adjust your goals downward to reflect your inability to put in more time and effort.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Notice how prices started rising with the new LS season and took another jump Tuesday?

Thats because Dry Top is actually a very good farm spot, at least for loot drops and I also think also for gold rewards.
During the first days of the first patch I did some farm commanding and logged my loot. In 1 hour i got:

3.21g in pure gold rewards from event completions, lootbags, champ bags and direct gold drops from mob kills (I have a gilded infusion on my amulet, those drops of ~1s add up)

Other loot I either salvaged and sold or sold directly, whatever was more profitable. I listed everything by undercutting the lowest listing by 1c:

- 9 t6 fine mats sold for 3.67g
- 45 t5 fine mats sold for 1.2g
- 7 rares for 3.9g
- 1 exo for 3.2g
- various other mats from salvaging, harvesting, etc. or blues/greens 3.3g

Overall, more than 18g per hour. Even though personal mileage my vary depending on mf (and running com tag certainly helps in tagging mobs and having the zerg behind you finish them off) i guess its quite a good gold/h ratio.

The last time he saw a farm event like this was during last years pavillon/invasions. My theory about that farm fest still is that it was introduced to prepare the economy for ascended crafting which was introduced shortly after but one side effect of it was that people sold all their loot to buy precursors, which saw a huge price spike during that time.

The same could happen now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ayrilana.1396

Yep. Just more evidence for the OP that the TP is just fine.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zoxea.9564

Colin Johanson, in 2013, said to: The game is broken, 300g for a precusor it’s not normal. We will create a quest (hardcore) or other.

2014 is there with price totally broken. THE GAME IS BROKEN REPAIR PLEASE.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ayrilana.1396

Colin Johanson, in 2013, said to: The game is broken, 300g for a precusor it’s not normal. We will create a quest (hardcore) or other.

No. It is not broken. Provide the post where he specifically said what you’re saying he said.

http://economics.about.com/od/supplyanddemand/a/supply_and_demand.htm

http://www.amosweb.com/cgi-bin/awb_nav.pl?s=wpd&c=dsp&k=money+supply,+aggregate+demand+determinant

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

Hi Zoxea

You can’t blame the BLTP for the ever accelerating cost of precursors. The BLTP, like any commodity trading floor, is a competitive arena; and low supply, wealth inequality and inflation are all working to push the price of precursors faster and faster. To lower the price of precursors using the BLTP, Arenanet would need to convince players not to act in their own best interest (the player’s self interest, not Arenanat’s).

If you want to blame anyone for the ever accelerating cost of precursors, you would need to blame the game theory behind Legendary weapons. While I hold the position that the game theory behind Legendary weapons is more business model than game theory, that position describes my personal taste.

My only advice to you is this:

If you do not want to compete with other players for precursors, don’t.

edited for syntax

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Colin just recently experienced the Eternal Alchemy and revisited some of his statements.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/s2/The-Eternal-Alchemoose-Spoilers/page/2#post4209877

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

The game is not broken just because you’re unable to afford a luxury good.

Attachments:

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zoxea.9564

Fallacy is not an argument. Prices are totally broken repair please.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I get that English is not your first language, so perhaps you should rephrase what you are trying to get across.

The gist of what I’m reading is that you think real life is broken because you cannot afford to buy a personal jetliner, which is obviously a silly argument which is why your argument here appears silly to those reading it.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

Fallacy is not an argument.

Fallacy = Prices are broken

In regards to this, I agree with you. Now here’s a fact:

Economy = Working as intended

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ayrilana.1396

You say prices are broken. How about you prove it rather than make random, ungrounded accusations that they are.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zoxea.9564

I’m not interested by “Arguments of fanboys totally hysterical”, but, by a real response, a response of Anet.

Anet 2013: 300g for a precursor it’s not normal in 2013, it’s broken.
(So for me 1540g it’s broken, repair please)

The question is, please: 1540g for a precusor in 2014 it’s broken or not? Thank you.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Ayrilana.1396

Again, where did Anet say precursor prices of 300g in 2013 were broken. Provide the link to the source otherwise it was made up to support your opinion.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zoxea.9564

The question is, please: 1540g for a precusor in 2014 it’s broken or not? Thank you.

Edit: bad copy / paste

(edited by Zoxea.9564)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Sigh … Anet isn’t more likely to answer you in French, considering that they are in USA and all.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

~~~ snip ~~~

Ohai. Here’s John explaining the economy. Please take a read.

When a player adds velocity or liquidity to a market, the result is often lower prices and often prices closer to equilibrium.
Given recent feedback let me try also this in other terms (I’ve tried this before and failed so bare with me).
Supply and Demand curves can also be called Willingness to Pay and Willingness to Sell curves. Essentially they are the shape of what people are willing to pay or how much people are willing to sell for. If everyone is will to pay $5 then the “demand” curve would be a flat horizontal line at $5.
In real markets the curves end up being curves because people have different preferences or costs. I might be willing to pay $100 for a new video game and you may be willing to pay $50 and yet another person $30. When you extrapolate this out you get a smooth curve of what people are willing to pay (it works the same way for the willingness to sell).
Balance (or equilibrium) occurs when those two lines meet, and people are willing to pay the same amount people are willing to sell. This price is decided by the market as a whole. Given the “freeness” of our market in GW2 people can sell for more or less than this price. In a textbook this would never happen because people always want to be in that balanced state. In real life though, especially in video games, people have different preferences outside of that market equation. Time is a major factor of this equation in real life. Imagine you could instantly sell items to a vendor for 1 gold or you could place them on the TP for 1gold 5 silver; some amount of player would be willing to sell straight the the vendor and save the time because their preference for time or convenience makes that a good trade off for them and that’s awesome, people should be allowed to make that trade off if they want. Now let’s say people instead just place everything on the TP for super cheap instead of vendoring because it’s easier. The prices these items are placed at are often placed below that equilibrium price which leaves room for someone to purchase those items and sell them at equilibrium price earning some profit per item. The person who purchases and resells values that trades and so does the individual selling easily, in this case both parties match what they want. Now the market has items placed at the equilibrium price for the standard buyers/sellers that sell at that equilibrium. Those sellers cannot change that equilibrium price and placing items above that price will result in the items not selling. They cannot raise the price, the market has decided the price and other people have decided their willingness to sell.
The first question to ask here is, “Isn’t the profit of the reseller directly equivalent to how much people are willing to trade off money for time or other preferences?”
The answer is yes, and more than that, the potential profit is split between all the different individuals attempting to buy and resell. Since the profit is finite and will become distributed between players, why wouldn’t people begin doing that until everyone only made little to no money? If everyone was the same person they would, but there must be some barrier to entry to that activity, there must be something that stops people from jumping in and distributing some of that profit to themselves. The most common and the most correct (but not complete) is that it takes time and skill, if it did not there would be almost no profit in the activity because the potential would be split between too many different individuals.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

If/when it is actually broken? You took a screenshot of everything working as it should?

Yup Anet’s plan of bleeding us dry of gold (and therefore money), is working as it should!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

tl;dr version

It’s working as intended.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarkSpirit.7046

tl;dr version

But to whose intentions? That should be obvious.

ANet: “Suck you dry of all your gold then you would be forced to buy gems with real money, then suck your money dry too! Bwahahaha!”

….conflicts with…

Foolish OP: “Something is wrong, those prices are too expensive, ANet! Aren’t you suppose to care that we enjoy the game?”

(edited by DarkSpirit.7046)

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarkSpirit.7046

tl;dr version

But to whose intentions? Not to yours, suck it up.

This why we ended up complaining in their forums. We are not sucking it up!

Rise up and revolt I tell you! Revolt!

We want ArenaNet to make our crafted ascended weapons as precursors! Support my thread!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-Making-Ascended-Weapons-into-Precursors/first#post4209204

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

Don’t worry guys, in a few more years and several living story seasons later Anet will release precursor crafting for us and the price will drop a bit. Just give them time!

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

Bring on the precursor crafting. I’m ready, lets do it!

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zoxea.9564

Crafting precursor? In 2013 price of precursor is broken and Colin Johnsson said to: No problem, crafting precusor or others is coming for 2013 because the price is totally broken must be other solutions to obtain a precursor. And where is crafting precursor in 2013? Nowhere. Now we are in 2014 the game is extremely broken. It’s time to repair and keep is word.

(edited by Zoxea.9564)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i can’t get over the name for dusk… half day

feels like a “lost in translation” thing

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions