Precursors and Patches and Market Changes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Surferboy.1649

Surferboy.1649

I’d like to say a few words to the scavenger hunt.
Guys, you always say, you want it hard. But does hard mean? Is it a 1v1 Battle? Thiefs would love that. Or is it, that many mobs are attacking you? This could be quite easy for ele. It’s always the problem, the classes have different advantages, so you have to do all as easy that it is possible for each class → not that hard anymore.
I guess it will be something which takes much time, but isn’t that hard. Or it is no solo instance, then it could be really hard.
Do you consider Arah p4 hard? A friend of mine killed Dwayna in 5 mins^^

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Other than the [Rage] I DO have, I gave up on legendaries and sold off all my T6 mats due to the cost of the precursor for the dagger. By the time I get 700 gold for the dagger, the price will inflate even more.

Fate is a cruel mistress. All I can craft is frenzy if I work towards it. I don’t really want frenzy at this rate. I could sell it on the TP, but who the heck would buy it?

All legendaries are equally valuable to people looking to fill the seal on the log in page.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

All legendaries are equally valuable to people looking to fill the seal on the log in page.

Except Sunrise and Twilight which are currently featured not to do that. Ironically enough, they’re the most desired legendaries along with Bifrost.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Any official reply to this would shock the precursor market. All I can say is we’re watching.

You need to do more than watch here, Mr. Smith.

You need to intervene.

Why? To make an “Easy Mode” button?

Because making Precursors obtainable totally makes crafting a Legendary “easy mode”.

Right…?

Oh wait…

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iures.2894

Iures.2894

Except Sunrise and Twilight which are currently featured not to do that. Ironically enough, they’re the most desired legendaries along with Bifrost.

Which is funny, because you just presented a nice counter-argument against those who claim that Anet is “pushing” legendaries on to everyone because of the seal, and that this is affecting prices.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Which is funny, because you just presented a nice counter-argument against those who claim that Anet is “pushing” legendaries on to everyone because of the seal, and that this is affecting prices.

I have to admit that’s valid, it is the reason I changed from “going for twilight” to “idk at this point…lol…maybe dreamer” is because of that seal/achievement. But I am sorta inclined to believe they will “fix” that discrepancy, so I’m still sorta torn (oooo space flavored). Either way my progression is at the same point for most of them…..just need one final piece.

That said tbh I am also a bit hesitant due to the chance of new legendaries being introduced that are less monetary based and more achievement based. I would hate to finish crafting a monetary based one then come to find out I used my gifts of mastery or any other common component (complete assumption that it would be used again) on (in my opinion) a less prestigious legendary.

Serenity now~Insanity later

(edited by Essence Snow.3194)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Any official reply to this would shock the precursor market. All I can say is we’re watching.

In other words ANet has been/is/will be manipulating the precursor market. If ANet is watching, as John has stated, then they are willing to (or have) intervene(d). On the other hand, if they are not (watching) then there is no point in responding or would say so.

Did you ever consider the option that ANet is monitoring things because the in-game economy ties directly to the longevity of the game? Heck, the fact that they employed an economist at all should tell you that.

And honestly, “manipulating” is a really weird word here. They’re the freaking developers, of course they’re expected to manipulate things. And by manipulate, I mean implementing things which will affect the prices. Hell, just doing anything to change the game is going to affect the prices. Change loot tables? Prices changed. Put in a holiday sale? Prices changed. Put in a sale on some item? Prices changed.

Hell, remember the Karka chest? That sure as heck wasn’t a mistake on their part. Ask one of the big conspiracy nuts and they’ll tell you Anet did that so that the gold sellers could buy cheap precursors that they would then sell later on for a massive amount of money, of which some goes to Anet.

Why monitor something if you are not going to do something about it…or have done something about…or is doing something about it? What John said was an open ended statement becasue he is “not allowed” to specificaly say a) or b).

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

If Anet is planning a manipulation from outside the market, I think players would like to be well-informed.

Don’t expect any straight answer. Anet is STILL saying that they do not influence the prices, only players do (lol).

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

I think Smith is from the Chicago School, and believes in the “free market”, rather than being an interventionalist.

Ouch so my chance of a precourser is controled by Reganomics, or should that be Tyrianomics?

“There’s no such thing as a free lunch.”
? Milton Friedman

Expect 2000g dusks, at least the guy was pro pot

Ulfar SOR

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

This weekend, like almost any weekend, I saw three precursors drop:

-Energizer and Dawn to partymembers in the Maw-Fractal.
-Zap to myself in Wv3 from a player, just 9 hours ago.

This is the sixt precursor I get. Twice Dusk from MF, Scepter and Focus in Orr doing Plinx from random mobs, dagger and Zap in Wv3, killing other players.

I dont understand the issue.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zumy.6318

You need to do more than watch here, Mr. Smith.

You need to intervene.

Why? To make an “Easy Mode” button?

Because making Precursors obtainable totally makes crafting a Legendary “easy mode”.

Right…?

Oh wait…

Yes it does.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

This is the sixt precursor I get. Twice Dusk from MF, Scepter and Focus in Orr doing Plinx from random mobs, dagger and Zap in Wv3, killing other players.

If the phrase “sample size of one” doesn’t mean anything to you, you never will either.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zumy.6318

I see this happen every weekend. In the maw at high levels, all the mobs have a high chance if dropping exotics…

I understand it better than you think. I just dont see why ANet should do anything about it. They are rare, they should be rare and I am a RNG loved lucky backyard.

Srsly ppl. I was 3 weks away from having the money for zap. You dont imagine my face when i found it in my bag while vendoring blues and greens after 4 hours of Wv3. I wish this experience for everyone. Just be patient and let it happen.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Surferboy.1649

Dude you got 5 precursors dropped, of course you don’t see a problem. But most people out there didn’t get one, although playing as much as you.
Just think about it, if everyone would get that many precursors, would the prices be that high?
For example: I killed a few hundred dragons already and got 1 exotic of the chest.
I am a Wv3 player but never got a exotic dropped in Wv3.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

Yes i agree that some precursors are a bit high in price, but every man and his dog is running with a legendary these days, if they become more affordable for everybody what will make the Legendary so unique then? LA is already starting to look like a beach party with footsteps everywhere. I been brought up and bring my kids up same way if you cant afford it you’ve got 2 options work harder and u may get it but it may take longer to get or go without.

I haven’t got a legendary but am in the process of making one, I like most people would have liked to have gone for Twilight, but unfortunately at this moment in time its out of my reach due to the price of the precursor. This is not going to stop me getting it.

I don’t know if most people see this like me but in my opinion first stage in making the legendary should start with the precursor and work around it. Im the first to admit i cant play the TP and gold for me is tight most people earn more an hour from farming in Orr than i do in a day. I have gone for a cheaper option of legendary [The Moot] which i am only using as a stepping stone to me getting Twilight. Thats all i got left to get is around half of the tier 6 mats.

I plan to sell this to fund the mats and precursor for Twilight. Yes its a long grinding battle but isn’t that what makes a legendary unique? From the sale of The Moot it would already cut a huge chunk of the time for the Twilight, i already have enough karma and skill points on an alt w8ing and ofc have 1 gift of exploration left.

Yes there are already people who spent real money to fund a huge part of their legendaries and there are people who can play the TP so well they could probs get Dusk in a few days work and yes there are them lucky buggers that have precursors they need drop for them. I know it frustrates all the rest of us that we have to do it the hard way, we’ll get there in the end, Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Seriously after u grind and work so hard to get ur precursor would you wanna see all the prices drop cheap as chips, every man and his dog having legendaries and then the people that play the TP so well taking advantage of the dirt cheap prices and controlling the precursor market and eventually them bringing the prices back up to fill their pockets?

P.S any of u wanna give me tips on how to play the TP send me a msg lol

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: VoxShatterfall.5470

VoxShatterfall.5470

Well Zumy, patience does not grant us a precursor.

We may well play for 5 straight years with no results.
Take for example my RNG misfortune with Ascended rings in Fractals – 26 daily attempts 0 rings to speak of. At a daily drop rate of 30% thats about 1/10000 that a gamer like me would have NOT recieved any rings. Yet there are hundreds of thousands of players doing fractals, so I’m not alone.

The chances for precursors are even slimmer – just from the mystic forge and anecdotal evidence (from rumors of course, the best way to get your information) its around 1600 sets of exotics or 4000 sets of rares (4x individual items).

Given that the “average” player gets enough T5s and other gold, materials, and drops to make/obtain 10 rares a day. The average player can make 2.5 rare attempts per day. The mystic forge ISN’T meant to return a precursor after 4000 rare tries, but on “average” CAN return one. On average a normal player will take 1600 days to get a precursor through this method (amounting to around 4 years and 4 months of gameplay).

Who knows what the drop rate is for mobs – but the earning rate should be similar to that of the mystic forge (in time). Given that assumption it should take around 4.5 years of drops for an average person to get a precursor from a drop (not from the dragon chest) at around 250 eligible mobs which the average player kills per day (unless you do RP in LA) for 360 days a year – that’s around a drop rate per mob of 1/400k.

Same thing goes for Dragon chests – 4.5 years of doing it daily around 3 attempts per day at 360 days per year. Odds are 1/4860 tries.

With all of these methods the average person CAN get 3 precursors in 4.5 years of work. The questions remain though – What are the real drop rates, Whats the spread, and Will there be a guaranteed way to get a precursor in the future?

But back to the topic – announcing any change in inventory in the future is not something ANET should do – it will adversely affect prices by speculation. ANET should announce the change in inventory after it has happened. I don’t buy the idea that more information on future change in inventory will help the market as the market should only be driven by actual supply and demand, not stock pilling.

Take the prices that butter and chocolate hoarders impose on chefs now – I understand that butter and chocolate was artificially low priced due to massive supply and that speculation will eventually properly price them. I don’t like the prices with the two consumables and I am against this tactic but it has a positive outcome (legitimate market manipulation, no futures based trading). I just don’t think players should be able to corner a market based on what ANET says will happen in the future when other players want to finish their legendaries and NEED the precursors. And this is why ANET isn’t releasing information about the inventory.

Commander Vox Shatterfall / Ward Zabach / Ifrit the Immolated
Angry Intent | Multiple Servers
WTB Razor Blade Free Candy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Take for example my RNG misfortune with Ascended rings in Fractals – 26 daily attempts 0 rings to speak of. At a daily drop rate of 30% thats about 1/10000 that a gamer like me would have NOT recieved any rings. Yet there are hundreds of thousands of players doing fractals, so I’m not alone.

Use pristine relics.
Buy precursors from TP.

Boom, guaranteed results.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Surferboy.1649

well, a friend experienced it too.
He already did around 30 daily fractals, but just recieved 4 rings. So I think there still is a bug in the system.
The problem is to find a bug in a distributed system.
In this case, they did it right. If you have bad luck, then you still can get what you want by playing -> pristine relics.
This should be done to precursors too.
Maybe by giving some sort of relics when using the forge.
For example: 4 rare bows -> 1 bow-relic
4 exotics bows-> 5 bow-relics
if you use 4 of different sorts, then a random one.
And for 1000 relics you can get a precursor.

(edited by Surferboy.1649)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Novalight.7568

Novalight.7568

Use pristine relics.
Buy precursors from TP.

Boom, guaranteed results.

Not every item that people desire is obtainable through means similar to relics, most notably precursors (or massive quantites of lodestones for that matter), which this post is about.

So ye, boom us a few precursor plox. Thx.

“GW2 takes everything you love about GW1” – M. O’Brien
“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“The most important thing in any game should be the player” – R. Soesbee

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Novalight.7568

Novalight.7568

In the guild I am I ever only saw 1 person reporting he dropped a precursor (think it was Zap in WvW also). Guild size of round 70 active, 30-40 online daily. And we play since beta. Now do the average between us and you. Think few of ppl got it from Karka event. But pure drops…yeh…you’re like the dude that wins the $100 mil lottery and says: I don’t understand how ppl have money issues.

“GW2 takes everything you love about GW1” – M. O’Brien
“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“The most important thing in any game should be the player” – R. Soesbee

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zumy.6318

Not having any money issues is not related to my luck on precursors. The few gold I got from scepter, dagger and focus all were spent instantly in colours and t3 sets. Also for levelling by crafting. Zap went into my bolt and both dusk into one twilight (yes both, i flushed down the first dusk by accident, thats why I made the second one).
I dont consider myself wealthy and I dont care for gold, I have around 50-150g usually and when I see the need to earn another 400g I am able to get that in two weeks without grinding or excessively TPing.

In my guild of 9 ppl, besides me all strictly pvpers, four ppl have a legendary (me two), and five ppl dropped at least one pre. Talking about loot drops, of which I myself had four. No Karka involved

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

(edited by Zumy.6318)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lucas of the Desert.2165

Lucas of the Desert.2165

@Zumy Just curios: may i ask if you or your guild members use mf set? Or omnomberry bars? Would be glad to know

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TheAngryLuddite.1834

TheAngryLuddite.1834

It seems the bottom line is this in most cases:

If you have attained a precursor, there’s no problem with them.

If you have not, there’s a problem with them.

For those of us that haven’t, nothing to do but wait and cross our fingers that today’s patch makes it a bit easier for us to grab one from a drop (as it seems has been hinted by the devs).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Surferboy.1649

this is a real lucky guild^^
in my guild (150 members) almost noone got a precursor drop ever^^
And we do have hardcore farmers. One achieved his second legendary by farming it and never got a precursor dropped.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Surferboy.1649

where did you get that?
It is hinted that they will be a possible drop in the chest as far as I know.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Well precursors are going to take a plummet now. They are a confirmed drop from ALL of the guild missions.

But they’re not guaranteed. For all that you know, the odds could be the same as MF or the dragon chests.

Just saying.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zumy.6318

@Zumy Just curios: may i ask if you or your guild members use mf set? Or omnomberry bars? Would be glad to know

We all play with pvp oriented gear. Even in PvE. I only use the bars in AC andd while brainafking in lost shores for 30 min b4 my group is online for wv3 action.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zumy.6318

Well precursors are going to take a plummet now. They are a confirmed drop from ALL of the guild missions.

The places they can drop will be increased, not the odds for getting one.

Said this, the overall loottable will be enhanced. So we are back on yes, they will drop more often, as any other item will.
But you know what happens when droprates get buffed. They overdo it and nerf it with a hotfix, ending up below the droprate it was before. So today lets all grind the hell out of Orr ;-).

Tomorrow we will get only skulls and whites :-).

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

(edited by Zumy.6318)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

If I had luck like yours or the luck of those you play with I wouldnt understand the issue either

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Let me chock market :p

Incoming patches will be setting legendary and precursor changes :
Finding a precursor or getting from MF will still allow “the finder” to sell it.
Crafting a legendary will still allow you to sell it untill soulbound on equipment.
Incoming change will be: any bought precursor or legendary item will now be account bound not allowing you to resell it for profit then only people that want to have it will buy it. Account bound until you choose which of your character will equip it then it ll become soulbound.=> The only way to have a clean real market where demand/offer are not artificialy controlled by few, prices would reflect real market.

People who would have made huge stock of precursor or legendary will have one month to get rid of them. The UNIK tag will not allow to make large stock of any unbound crafted from the same legendary weapon.

Overall idea is prices will fall like rock just very soon, not hard guess.

These are incoming changes that would choke market so don’t tell anyone ;p

Also incoming probably an alternative way to get one precursor account bound easier per account or toon.

(edited by Titan.3472)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

Take it out of the market. Make it a skill challenge. A solo instance that comes with a title. I want to be able to prove I didn’t exploit, flip, or buy my way to my legendary.

Then all you guys that got it early can do the same thing for the title. Prove you can actually play the game.

Not everyone has skill. Do you remember how much rage there was in the forums when the Clocktower came out? While I personally wouldn’t mind something like that, imagine how many people would be upset if they couldn’t get a Precursor because it was “too hard”.

I look forward to the Scavenger Hunt idea. But we warned – if the hunt itself is long, more complaints will roll in.

I want to see something like the Mad Tower, but harder (complete the Mad Tower successfully 10 times consecutively, no failure allowed.). Imagine the rage that’ll induce. (Heck I’ll rage pretty hard myself.)

This is a challenge I would take…as it is one of my strong points.

Personally, with regards to the market, the only way to prevent manipulation is to make items account bound once they are purchased from the TP. Then we would get to see the actual supply and demand (and hence the true price) of an item.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

(edited by Ubi.4136)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Not every item that people desire is obtainable through means similar to relics, most notably precursors (or massive quantites of lodestones for that matter), which this post is about.

So ye, boom us a few precursor plox. Thx.

Earn gold doing dungeons/Orr.

Boom, there you go. Unless you’re saying gold isn’t obtainable?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Xaaz.8472

Xaaz.8472

It should be hard. Very very hard. It should have been from the start. But the difficulty should have come for the type of challenges advertised by the developers. From the main gameplay. Not from the side game that is the BLTC.

Hey, it was hard throwing all the stuff in the forge.

I actually agree with you but I just couldn’t resist. When it finally popped out I had a sigh of relief, then I thought about friends who are still trying and have surpassed the numbers I used. Luck, to this scale, should not be the factor.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

As someone who saved bloody hard to purchase my Lead of Kudzu (300g) I don’t want to see them cheaper. 600+ for a Dusk is outrageous and I find 300g a good price point.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Heylo.4938

Heylo.4938

Saying that making precursors easier to attain would make legendaries super common seems a little over the top. I’ve had my precursor, The Energizer, since early December and I still don’t have my legendary. The price and amount of t6 materials and 100 icy runestones is a tough hump to get over for some people, especially alt-a-holics like myself. I’m not a casual player, I have 5 80s, but I have been unable to dedicate my 5+ hours a night to just farming.

Sickest Guild [NA] Blackgate

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

While im gonna try to avoid sharing my opinion on this mather, I find it absolutely hillarious that people worry that legendaries will become to easy to obtain..

Simple fact is legendaries will never again be as easy to obtain as pre-december, and you can bet your sweet kitten that is when most of the people you see running around with them today got a majority of theyr components.

I guees the logic is that newer players should work 10+ times harder to earn theyr legendaries?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

While im gonna try to avoid sharing my opinion on this mather, I find it absolutely hillarious that people worry that legendaries will become to easy to obtain..

Simple fact is legendaries will never again be as easy to obtain as pre-december, and you can bet your sweet kitten that is when most of the people you see running around with them today got a majority of theyr components.

I guees the logic is that newer players should work 10+ times harder to earn theyr legendaries?

You need to work 10+ times harder to even GET a Legendary in the first few months of the game. It wasn’t meant for something to have been gotten that fast. Newer players can choose to go that path and work their butts off, or just play the game normally to get the Mats needed to craft a Legendary over time.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Sorry, but that simply isnt true smooth, it was completly possible to farm gold as quickly back then trough repeated dungeon runs, infact it was faster to farm gold back then due to no DR, while each unbound component was only a tiny fraction of the price.

Hell, even karma was more easily obtained..

And don’t misunderstand, I am not saying it was EASY back then either, im just saying it will never become as easy again as it was.

Mainly because most of the parts to the legendary are a part of the economy.

(edited by Kilrain Daggerspine.6843)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

Sorry, but that simply isnt true smooth, it was completly possible to farm gold as quickly back then trough repeated dungeon runs, infact it was faster to farm gold back then due to no DR, while each unbound component was only a tiny fraction of the price.

Hell, even karma was more easily obtained..

And don’t misunderstand, I am not saying it was EASY back then either, im just saying it will never become as easy again as it was.

Mainly because most of the parts to the legendary are a part of the economy.

You forget that before the patches dungeons weren’t really profitable as they are now. Bosses didn’t drop loot, and you would end every run with about 20-30 tokens.

Karma was a pain to get, only events gave them. Dungeons didn’t, there were no jugs. Don’t talk about stuff you know nothing about. The only way to gain decent gold at that time was farming Orr for drops, and even then rares were at 10-15s because ecto was at that price too.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Black Lion Trading Co

Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Your right, I wasn’t there.

That does not however mean that information on that period is not readily availible for me to study.

Including recordings etc.

1: item loot is not the main source of income when farming a dungeon, pure coin is when you repeatedly farm it.

2: Yes you didn’t get karma from dungeon until october, however you were getting more pure karma from running orr (even if it is boring) then you would have in dungeons.

Also mind you I am talking about the period release-oct/nov, not simply the first month of game release.

Again, I am by no means saying it was ever easy, It is definatly my firm belief based on the information that is availible (which is quite alot) that getting/starting legendary is getting harder everyday.

Infact its gotten considerably harder since I started aswell, not just since release.

On a diffrent note, I am perfectly fine with the karma/sp prices, infact I wouldnt mind if they were higher, problem are the components are a part of the economy.

blerh, guees i did end up sharing opinions after all.

(edited by Kilrain Daggerspine.6843)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Lmao, it was way easier for someone to get a legendary closer to launch. Way easier. No overworld DR, crazy variation in mat prices, dungeon runs with no DR, and 10g precursors.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Lmao, it was way easier for someone to get a legendary closer to launch. Way easier. No overworld DR, crazy variation in mat prices, dungeon runs with no DR, and 10g precursors.

Yeah, but I think that Anet saw the $$$-opportunity here: it is next-to-impossible to get a precursor without buying a bunch of gold through gems.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lucas of the Desert.2165

Lucas of the Desert.2165

Your right, I wasn’t there.

That does not however mean that information on that period is not readily availible for me to study.

Including recordings etc.

1: item loot is not the main source of income when farming a dungeon, pure coin is when you repeatedly farm it.

2: Yes you didn’t get karma from dungeon until october, however you were getting more pure karma from running orr (even if it is boring) then you would have in dungeons.

Also mind you I am talking about the period release-oct/nov, not simply the first month of game release.

Again, I am by no means saying it was ever easy, It is definatly my firm belief based on the information that is availible (which is quite alot) that getting/starting legendary is getting harder everyday.

Infact its gotten considerably harder since I started aswell, not just since release.

On a diffrent note, I am perfectly fine with the karma/sp prices, infact I wouldnt mind if they were higher, problem are the components are a part of the economy.

blerh, guees i did end up sharing opinions after all.

Please don’t get me wrong dude but what the heck?? Almost everything you just said is wrong. How did you get pure coin from dungeon runs? You got NOTHING! Coin rewards were added later. Drops were even worse. You only ran dungeons for the tokens back then.

Karma was also harder. Ofc if you grind your kitten off in orr your karma gain was pretty decent. But NOWHERE near the amount you get today for a simple daily and dungeon.

I bet the next thing that comes to your mind is that precursors were soooo cheap back then right? NO! WRONG! Having 40g then was like having 200g+ now! You got no coins whatsoever. The only way to get pure coin was to vendor all your stuff. Ectos were at 7-14s. T6 mats were at 4s if i remember correctly. Oh you think you could farm them because of the absence of DR? NO! Wrong again! You could farm those trolls for an hour and get 2-5 powerful at max. Now you just go to orr do a bunch load of events gain karma, gold and an unreal amount of moldy bags. Which yield way more t6 mats.

Seriously dude excuse me for my rage post but you have some major thought flaws there. It was incredibly and unbearably harder. Believe me i played since the beta almost every day. Rather casually though but still.

Most people forget that the precursor and the legendary price is playerrisen (please stop arguing about it). It was always unbelievably hard and it will always be that hard to get them. They are for the most dedicated (grinders, buisnessmen, …) players out there.

Please stop complaining about it and if you are that mad that you don’t get your legendary then quit the game. Saves you the 2 weeks you’d be running around with them before you get tired of it and then quit the game.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

Ahh, Launch time. When I had 5g and thought I was rich. I remember looking at Dusk then, 10g, and wondered why anyone would spend such an absurd amount of money on a single weapon. 2 weeks passed and it was over 100g, and I my mind was blown. I still only had like 5g =P

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Well precursors are actually slightly cheaper than they were a few weeks ago, due to the ecto price drop.

So I can’t see people complaining “They can’t catch up” to buy one.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Surferboy.1649

well, The Lover hasn’t changed a lot, but you’re right, I got 100g close to the highest buy offer^^
I hope the price will at least stay.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Xynn.2748

Xynn.2748

He’s not going to say anything further because he doesn’t want to overly influence the market. It’s nice of him to post but the market does whatever it wants.

Why do you hassle the guy, he actually posts.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

Well guild missions have ben out for over a month and if anything precursor prices have increased…sigh

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP