Prices crazy!

Prices crazy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Budchgon.2108

Budchgon.2108

Just leveled a warrior and checked the prices for gear … wow!!!
Full set of berzerker exotic 18-20 gold! then there is the cost of runes/sigils etc…

The gold sellers looking very tempting …

Lyssia Iceblood of Gandara – I sometimes win… but not often :-(

Prices crazy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: interpol.2397

interpol.2397

That’s what happens. Top armor goes for top price; not much else to say about that.

Prices crazy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Budchgon.2108

Looks like ill be shelving my warrior for a few months then :-(

Prices crazy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

Full set of berzerker exotic 18-20 gold! then there is the cost of runes/sigils etc…

Believe it or not when people hit 80 for the first time back around launch we didn’t jump straight in to full exotics. It took a week or so to get it all together. There’s no good reason you should ding 80 and get to put on full exotics, nor is there a reason you need to. Also, 18-20 gold really isn’t that bad.

But if you’re considering ‘buying gold’ just do the right thing and buy gems to convert to gold. It would cost you ~$20 at current prices which I know is higher than gold sellers but at least that way you’re supporting the people who made the game instead of some kitten who problem hacked someone’s account or stole a credit card.

Prices crazy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Budchgon.2108

Yeah i meant Gems to gold… Not trusting my Account details to 3rd parties…

Guess i’ll be farming for a while then :-)

Prices crazy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

I farmed my exotic armour and daggers for my ele in under 12 hrs of play time. It’ not bad.

Crafted it myself.

[SU]

Prices crazy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

What exactly were you expecting? The BIS gear for a warrior at a cool 1g for everything? So that you could move on to the next class?

Work hard for your items, dude.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Prices crazy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

In addition, there’s really no content in the game that requires you to be in full exotics in order to start doing it (higher level fractals may be an exception to this, but you can still complete lower level fractals without having full exotics).

Get some level 80 masterwork and/or rare gear and you’ll be good to go for most anything in the game…

Prices crazy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pariah.1457

Pariah.1457

Also, you can definitely survive with even the lvl 76-78 exotics found a lot cheaper in the TP (originating from people completing the 70+ maps, where those armors are often received as zone completion bonus).

Prices crazy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

You’d be surprised how easy it is to farm up the mats for a full set of armor and weapons. Honestly, the T6 mats are the only thing that’re really a pain to drum up (if you’re going for Berserker’s especially.) But with a bit of craftiness that’ll be your only major expense.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

Prices crazy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

That’s about what they’ve always been isn’t it? Give or take 50s here and there? I remember spending 3g or so on crafted exotics months ago.

It’s not like it’s expensive. You play a couple hours and have enough to buy another exotic. In the time it takes to get serviceable “starter” max level gear in other games you can have best in slot stuff here, other than the 3 ascended items.

I remember gearing exotics at 80 for the first time, it was fun. Came at a nice speed and I could see myself getting stronger…yet took just long enough that I was able to enjoy when I got a new piece. That wasn’t even doing anything efficient for money, most of it was goofing around in WvW.

Should be even faster now. At 80 back then we couldn’t just sell our unid dyes for 15s apiece, rares for 25s a piece etc. Just doing a few loops of pen/shelter in orr will probably get you enough for an exotic now, sell anything worthwhile on the TP. Only thing that would actually take some time would be if you want full divinity runes.

(edited by Minion of Vey.4398)

Prices crazy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flax.4980

Flax.4980

If you want to save gold getting berserker gear I’d recommend you run the Citadel of Flame dungeon path 1 and 2 once a day for a bit. You’ll make decent gold doing it (especially with omnomberry bars for the extra boss gold) and you can spend the tokens you earn to get “free” armor with berserker stats. It’s good to at least get gloves/boots/shoulders this way since the others cost more tokens but are virtually the same price to craft.

Also a tip on getting ectoplasm for crafting- Never buy them from the trading post.

Unless you’re very unlucky you’ll get them for at least 15% cheaper by crafting and salvaging rares. Last time I did this (a week or so ago) it cost about 20s of buy orders for the mats to make some level 80 rare boots, and since you get on average about 0.9 ectos per salvage with a master kit I was paying on average about 23s per ecto when the current TP price was 28s.

(edited by Flax.4980)

Prices crazy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Complaining about zerker set, a set that is farmed in the easiest dungeon in the game? That takes you 10-12 days to farm even without doing that piece of kitten 3rd path? Really?

Prices crazy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Believe it or not when people hit 80 for the first time back around launch we didn’t jump straight in to full exotics. It took a week or so to get it all together. There’s no good reason you should ding 80 and get to put on full exotics,

I disagree with this opinion. I think you should buy karma gear and stuff the market. As the real stocks markets are, it’s full of manipulators and speculators.

If you want to save gold getting berserker gear I’d recommend you run the Citadel of Flame dungeon path 1 and 2 once a day for a bit.

This is also fine advices right here.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Prices crazy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

While we’re at it: Which idiot ruined the price for my exotic light gloves? Price was at 5 gold something yesterday, now it’s at between 2 and 3 gold…I need that gold to buy my cultural T3 armor ;_;

You’re just fine playing in rares at 80, btw I can’t think of any content that really requires full exotics.

Polka will never die

Prices crazy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Achilles.6870

Achilles.6870

Yeah Citadel of Flame is great for getting Berserker stat exotics. You can get 2 runs done in an average of 20-25 mins per run (faster if you are guild running) (I don’t recommend P3, even with communication is averages 45 mins alone). Doing that will get you a full set in about 7-10 days of running twice a day and you will get enough gold for the exotics you want along the way.

Prices crazy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Achilles.6870

Achilles.6870

Sorry I meant Superior runes in the last line.

Prices crazy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

Do CoF. Free Exotics.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Prices crazy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astraea.6075

I disagree with this opinion. I think you should buy karma gear and stuff the market. As the real stocks markets are, it’s full of manipulators and speculators.

It could also be filled with people attempting to make profits from their crafting skills… While I don’t doubt that there may be speculators in the exotic armor markets, there’s also people like myself who craft these items and offer them up for sale at a modest profit.

Regardless of which method (or mixture of methods) the OP decides to use, he doesn’t need to be fully geared in exotics to enjoy playing the game.

Prices crazy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

T6 mats farming ftw !

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Prices crazy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

It could also be filled with people attempting to make profits from their crafting skills…

It could be, but it isn’t.

It’s all speculators and manipulators.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Prices crazy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Astraea.6075

It could also be filled with people attempting to make profits from their crafting skills…

And yet as a crafter, I’m able to make profits by buying mats from the TP, turn them into finished level 80 exotic items, and sell those on the TP.

Which part of this is speculation or manipulation?

Prices crazy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

And yet as a crafter, I’m able to make profits by buying mats from the TP, turn them into finished level 80 exotic items, and sell those on the TP.

Which part of this is speculation or manipulation?

None of it, you need to remember most people in this game can’t make money or save money (just like real life) and so will come up with wild exaggerations to explain this to themselves despite having NO EVIDENCE to support their claims. There’s so much that can be done in the trading post that will result in guaranteed returns which just wouldn’t be possible if the TP were literally filled since every single niche would be filled and the vast majority of them aren’t.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Prices crazy!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rawrg.5162

Rawrg.5162

20G is absolutely nothing. That’s like 2 dungeons a night for a week to get top-tier gear, not to mention all of the better looking gear you can get from various dungeons.