Proposal to stop buying dusk

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: georgessj.4198

georgessj.4198

the price is getting up + 3 to 5 gold EVERY DAY soon it will be a precursor costing much more than other legendaries.I would like you to consider if its really worth it.personaly i reached a week ago the gold to get it but i reconcidered it a bit and then days later i needed another 40 gold to get it…… and since anet dont care about the issue how about we do something on our own and stop buy it for a while.id rather throw 800 gold to the mystic toilet than give the satisfaction of getting ripped off.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

I dunno, what constitutes “ripped off” ? What intrinsic actual value does it have ?

If/when craftable precursors come this should be solved – they will have an actual value.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Wait 4 months and try again.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

people are stupid when buy this cause presursor crafting is not far away

and this precurso seller know this and they push prices atm cause they know next patch is not before next 5 weeks so they have time

- just wait guyz and dont waste your money on this – totaly overpriced and not worth

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

people are stupid when buy this cause presursor crafting is not far away

and this precurso seller know this and they push prices atm cause they know next patch is not before next 5 weeks so they have time

- just wait guyz and dont waste your money on this – totaly overpriced and not worth

^This. Also new legendaries will be coming out “soon” so just chill and wait.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

To all people saying soon. Next update is 21th january and the first 4 updates of the year will be living story only. The 5th patch will be a feature patch. So you are looking at a minimum of 3.5 months before precursor hunt or new legendaries are coming.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Ok, I promise not to buy any Dusks for the next week. I’ll buy Dawns instead.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

To all people saying soon. Next update is 21th january and the first 4 updates of the year will be living story only. The 5th patch will be a feature patch. So you are looking at a minimum of 3.5 months before precursor hunt or new legendaries are coming.

Looks like some one has a dusk on the TP!

Seriously though, 3.5 months isn’t that long in the whole scheme of things. They might toss it in as something alongside those too (you never know). I’m fine with waiting.

Ok, I promise not to buy any Dusks for the next week. I’ll buy Dawns instead.

Good man

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

Not at all. I did not own a precursor for weeks already.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MrKahwk.9524

MrKahwk.9524

I think people will rather sacrifice their time farming the 5g that get added to the precursor everyday instead of complying with your proposal xD

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

If the price is high enough, you can consider the mystic toilet as an alternate way to get dusk.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Enjoyluck.2618

Enjoyluck.2618

I don’t think precursor hunt will solve the problem. But then again i don’t realy care have 2 legendary’s myself already.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malediktus.9250

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Don.6510

Don.6510

i have gotten two dusk in 2 weeks or each other. my guild does not like me

amd fx 8320 @4.0ghz, nvidia geforce gts 250, 32 gb ram 1tb hard drive, m5a97 r2.0

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

so let me get this straight, you want all of us to stop buying dusk so you can buy it? while I agree with your philosophy, I disagree with your expectations of reality.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Making the assumption that you will be able to craft Dusk when they release crafted precursors might be a huge mistake. Nowhere has Anet stated you will be able to craft EXISTING precursors, just that precursor crafting will be introduced. What precursors are they talking about?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Black Lion Trading Co

Don.6510

see i was tell you the truth

Attachments:

amd fx 8320 @4.0ghz, nvidia geforce gts 250, 32 gb ram 1tb hard drive, m5a97 r2.0

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

see i was tell you the truth

you should sell your ectos for more. you could easily get 39s by using sell listings.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Don.6510

Glob of Ectoplasm are not a problem for me just ask my guild and also my guild does not like me.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Glob of Ectoplasm are not a problem for me just ask my guild and also my guild does not like me.

Time to find a new guild. If my buddy got lucky and picked up multiple precursors I’d congratulate him for it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bOgz.7263

bOgz.7263

The mentality that precursors are so hard to get is what making the prices go high. It really puzzles me why players buy an overpriced precursor when you can enjoy the thrill of gambling at MF.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

in the meantime >.> a guild mate gets 4 dusk and 2 dawn in 2 weeks but rng is working as intended…..

P.S. on the other side as a legendary owner i would suggest you to go ascended….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

I hope we won’t be able to create existing precursors. Especially Dusk and Dawn. Why? Because they have the most annoying animations in the game. Get into a mob of people and even if just one of them is swinging one of these around, it’s the only kitten thing you can see. Last thing we need is for them to be easier to get.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

“Stop buying Dusk so I can buy Dusk”.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

In all honesty if your statement was true about dusk going up 5 gold a day it would only increase my interest in buying one as an investment (still wont though precursor market is dangerous) as you would basically be making (5*0.85) 4.25 gold a day in interest. but it would take a while to recover your principal investment

(810*0.85=688.50value if immediately resold at same price)
([810-688.5]/4.25=28.59 days to recoup initial investment)

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in Black Lion Trading Co

georgessj.4198

so let me get this straight, you want all of us to stop buying dusk so you can buy it? while I agree with your philosophy, I disagree with your expectations of reality.

you are the guy that when someone was pointing the moon you were looking at his finger plz stay out any forum posts….

in Black Lion Trading Co

georgessj.4198

In all honesty if your statement was true about dusk going up 5 gold a day it would only increase my interest in buying one as an investment (still wont though precursor market is dangerous) as you would basically be making (5*0.85) 4.25 gold a day in interest. but it would take a while to recover your principal investment

(810*0.85=688.50value if immediately resold at same price)
([810-688.5]/4.25=28.59 days to recoup initial investment)

propably this why it gets 2-5 golds up every day and if you dont believe it you can check it easy

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Alfador.7649

Alfador.7649

you are the guy that when someone was pointing the moon you were looking at his finger plz stay out any forum posts….

lol…. what? Seriously, guy… this is basic economics. There is a supply, and there is a deamand which outstrips the current supply. People with more money than you want dusk and are willing to pay more for it. That’s life. Either suck it up and earn more money to buy one or accept that you can’t afford it. Falling back on farcical euphemisms about space exploration isn’t going to change that, or anything else really.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

naw. I’m the guy that will tell you the moon orbits the earth and we only see it because light from the sun is reflecting off it’s surface and about how the difference phases are produced.

in Black Lion Trading Co

georgessj.4198

naw. I’m the guy that will tell you the moon orbits the earth and we only see it because light from the sun is reflecting off it’s surface and about how the difference phases are produced.

yes we saw it in your last post XD

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

how else did you expect the price to drop? I suppose you could take up hacking, but I was being realistic. Anet isn’t going to change the drop rate – the average price of precursors is comparatively quite low (I’d estimate around 100g). So the only thing left is demand. Alfador said it pretty well: the price is what is it because there are people willing to pay that much for it and people willing to sell it for that much.