Quaggan Backpiece Transmute warning

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Haley.2390

Haley.2390

Is it intended that if you transmute the Plush Quaggan Backpack skin to the backpiece provided with the item that you cannot transmute it with a level 80 backpiece later on?

This is similar to the problem during the Halloween event with the non-complete version of the Mad King’s backpiece where you cannot transmute it to a backpiece that has some level requirement.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cauldron.1653

Cauldron.1653

Wait, so I basically have to wait 50 levels until I get to 80 on my first toon just so I get the correct back item stats?

This is kinda misleading, also because it says the backpack is account bound when it actually isn’t… confused

“Your subterfuge of incognizance will erode under my fulgent dupery”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Haley.2390

Wait, so I basically have to wait 50 levels until I get to 80 on my first toon just so I get the correct back item stats?

This is kinda misleading, also because it says the backpack is account bound when it actually isn’t… confused

When you buy the item and double the Quaggan package, you receive two items. One is a Quaggan skin and the other is a no stat backpiece with no level requirement. If you use the skin on the provided blank backpiece, then you cannot transmute the item later onto a level 80 item to preserve its skin.

(edited by Haley.2390)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cauldron.1653

Cauldron.1653

Ah gotcha. That is very good to know indeed. Wish it was made more clear, or better yet, actually make the item account bound maybe by offering unlimited transmutations. But of course they want to keep selling them so my next suggestion would be to be very clear in writing that it has to be used up on one character.

“Your subterfuge of incognizance will erode under my fulgent dupery”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Ok, it is early so I may be slow, but is this a correct understanding:

I have a level 10 character. I buy the backpack and use the blank back that it comes with because I have not gotten a back piece yet. My character cannot use the gem store skin ever again if I plan on upgrading my back slot? However, if I use a level 30ish character that already has a back slot and use that to transmute then I can transmute the skin once I am a higher level?

If that is the case it seems like surely they made a mistake in thinking and will correct it because even the armor skins can be used over and over at the cost of transmute stones.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rin.8413

Rin.8413

I purchased the Quaggan backpack to use on my lvl 80 character. I was really excited and purchased it soon after it was available. The only back piece I had was the Mad King book and I didn’t want to lose that skin so I decided to just use the back piece the Quaggan skin came with (again I was really excited to wear it and I wanted to see it ~in action~) until I got a back piece with the stats I wanted then I would transmute it. I later purchased a level 80 back piece from the trading post and found out I could not transmute it. So I’m stuck with choosing stats over looks or purchasing a second backpack.

Please please fix this, Anet!! This happened to my guildmate as well!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: robotosis.4872

robotosis.4872

Have you all tried using the fine transmutation stones, and not the basic ones?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BeduinoAlbino.9812

BeduinoAlbino.9812

^THIS hahahah. I read all the posts thinking of this… While I choose to believe people are not that stupid distracted, you never now lol

“Never disturb your opponent when he is about to make a mistake.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Haley.2390

^THIS hahahah. I read all the posts thinking of this… While I choose to believe people are not that stupid distracted, you never now lol

Yes. Fine Transmutation Stone. Didn’t think I’d need to specify that to the readers.

Attachments:

(edited by Haley.2390)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Haley.2390

Notice in the screenshot the option is gray. Clicking it does nothing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nicolle Rodgers.4926

Nicolle Rodgers.4926

Next

We are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it. In the meantime, you can workaround this by putting your plush quaggan backpack on the left side of the transmutation screen. If you do that, then the button will not be grayed out.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jarin Arenos.2736

Jarin Arenos.2736

We are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it. In the meantime, you can workaround this by putting your plush quaggan backpack on the left side of the transmutation screen. If you do that, then the button will not be grayed out.

Does this apply to other back pieces, like the starting engineer tool pack? Did I just need to put it on the other side of the transmutation window to make it work? (not at home so can’t test this yet)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

The leather strap that comes with the back piece, can you transmute other skins onto it? What rarity is it? I’d like to be able to transmute my Halloween back item onto a blue or white item so it’s account bound and be traded over to my other toons. This is possible with every other class of item in the game with the exception of back slots (because there isn’t a single back slot item that is blue or white, and any rarity higher than that results in it being soulbound not account bound). If the quggan back item is white and results in an account bound item, it could be a 300 gem work around to transmuting back items like the Halloween ones across accounts.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Previous

Nicolle Rodgers.4926

Next

Does this apply to other back pieces, like the starting engineer tool pack? Did I just need to put it on the other side of the transmutation window to make it work? (not at home so can’t test this yet)

Yep! This should work for the engineer starter back item as well… though it would only be an issue AFTER you already applied the skin to the Rawhide Leather Strap that comes with the backpack cover. The first time the cover is applied, it will be on the left by default, so you should not run into this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jarin Arenos.2736

Jarin Arenos.2736

I meant that I get the grayed-out-button issue mentioned above when trying to transmute my engineer tool pack to any other back slot item. Did I have it on the wrong side?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Previous

Nicolle Rodgers.4926

Next

As long as you have the item whose look you want to keep on the left, you should not encounter this problem.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Archer.1658

Archer.1658

When transmuting the skin to an ascended, it would that render it unable to be upgraded to infused etc?

Çookies – Mesmer – [GF]/Ebay
Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ShadowInTheVoid.9183

ShadowInTheVoid.9183

The question is still when theyre gona stop being single items and start being account unlocks that are reclaimable so theyre actualy worth getting

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

I love Quaggans

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phalanix.7542

Phalanix.7542

Anyon know if the Quaggan backpack can be applied to an account bound backpiece (such as the Toy Maker’s backpack) so the Quaggan backpack can remain account bound instead of soulbound?

Or if the Quaggan backpack can be applied to any backpiece to make them account bound?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Anyon know if the Quaggan backpack can be applied to an account bound backpiece (such as the Toy Maker’s backpack) so the Quaggan backpack can remain account bound instead of soulbound?

Or if the Quaggan backpack can be applied to any backpiece to make them account bound?

The Quaggan backpack will retain the bindings of the items stats.

Example: Transmuting onto Toy Maker’s Backpack. It’s Account Bound, so the item will stay account bound.

If you transmute onto an item that’s Bind on Acquire or Use, then it will Soulbound it to your character.

Hint: You can use the Rawhide Strap to get an Account Bound Universal Multitool Pack. If you want it to have stats, it will turn into a Soulbound version on whichever character you transmuted it with.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: volfide.5087

volfide.5087

Yep! This should work for the engineer starter back item as well… though it would only be an issue AFTER you already applied the skin to the Rawhide Leather Strap that comes with the backpack cover. The first time the cover is applied, it will be on the left by default, so you should not run into this.

I got the idea that I could replace the backpack it shows up when using an engineer kit for the plush. I was wrong. Now I wasted 300 gems on something I can’t even see!
I want a refund… I needed more claaivoyance before buying it and this post wasn’t much help

in Black Lion Trading Co

Previous

Nicolle Rodgers.4926

I got the idea that I could replace the backpack it shows up when using an engineer kit for the plush. I was wrong. Now I wasted 300 gems on something I can’t even see!
I want a refund… I needed more claaivoyance before buying it and this post wasn’t much help

We are aware of the bug that equipping engineer kits will cover up your backpack. We are working to resolve this issue. Please contact Customer Support at support.guildwars2.com if you would still like a refund.