RESOLVED: BLTC Black Lion Trading Post Bug

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

I am seeing an intermittent issue that shows tabs of the trading post as blank. The window opens/tabs switch correctly, but everything in them is empty space. This occurs on all tabs except pickup (where my purchased stuff is still there, and can be picked up. Sometimes logout to character selection/back in fixes the issue, other times I have been forced to entirely exit the game to get the TP to load correctly.

Others are having similar issues, described here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/BLTC-Black-Lion-Trading-Bug

RESOLVED. Windows Service: DNS Client was on Manual; changed to Automatic; no further issues. I’m running Vista SP2 with as many junk/redundant services on Manual or outright Disabled; this is the first time that Service has caused issues on Manual.

Attachments:

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

(edited by GreyWraith.8394)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yamirashi.6430

Yamirashi.6430

I know for me personally, I’ve tracked down my BLTC bugs to the -nopatchui tag. If I run the game with it I can’t use the BLTC.

If I run it without the -nopatchui I can’t use my Mumble overlay so I’m having to pop in and out of the game for now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

This has been resolved, I’ll edit the top OP w/ solution.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

Yup. This is a permanent fix. Not sure why I have to enable DNS Client service as I always had it disable for performance reasons.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mudrock.8031

Mudrock.8031

I checked my DNS client and it was already set to automatic so this fix didn’t work. Is anyone else having this issue?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yamirashi.6430

Yamirashi.6430

I’m with Mudrock, already on Auto, but have figured out a way around this for me.

I can get the mumble overlay to work if I have Overwolf running and keep Mumble in the foreground while GW2 is loading. Somehow this makes my overlay work without the -nopatchui tag.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fenris.2483

Fenris.2483

I checked my DNS client and it was already set to automatic so this fix didn’t work. Is anyone else having this issue?

This issue is not resolved yet. I have been having this issue off and on as well I normally run the client with no overlays or special launch commands. My Windows DNS Client has always been set to auto and I have all the windows updates. I can usually but not always resolve the issue by logging out of the game but not exiting the launcher and relaunching the game but it’s somewhat annoying. I have no other software running that would conflict and my firewall is set so that GW2 is a trusted app and has no restrictions placed on it.

Officer of Tyrian Claws 500 Strong Ehmry Bay Guild
80 Guardian |100% World Comp |“Yes I’m a Dev and
yes I’m a wolf and no you can’t touch my tail.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Weebitt.3157

Weebitt.3157

No, it’s NOT resolved, even logging completely out of game and back does nothing. This is making me very frustrated.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mykehl.5794

mykehl.5794

Still not working for me. Anyone else still having this issue??

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zedders.5263

Zedders.5263

Also having this issue. Guess they don’t want people to play the game very badly as there are no answers yet lots of people reporting the problem.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KyleLandman.5231

KyleLandman.5231

im having the exact same problem, my friends trading post works on his laptop on my internet, but mine wont work on my laptop & internet. very frustrating.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mrfast.9738

mrfast.9738

RESOLVED : my DNS Client was set to Auto, but I restarted the service and vola!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nidhoggr.9261

Nidhoggr.9261

Not resolved, fiddling with DNS client, flushing DNS resolver cache, deleting temp folder.

Nothing loads on BLTC, nor does my inventory. All I get is “No results found.”

This happens on all my characters.

(edited by Nidhoggr.9261)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Geshirandal.8451

Geshirandal.8451

In case anyone else is looking for a solution to this bug. There may be an issue with Windows UAC, which will not let your account connect to the store. Temporary fix may be creating a new user in Windows and logging into the game from there. If that works, then Windows reinstall may be forthcoming. It did fix the issue for me.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sergiu.3698

Sergiu.3698

Stupid trading post , not working for me either , dns is on auto and still aint working.Before this i had times when the kitten trading post would stop working after like 1 hour of gameplay bye bye, and now aint working.Super great , we should all go play tetris looks like.

twitch:enses_09

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

have you checked your virus scanners and firewalls?, often these can block the trading post without actually blocking the game.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: baxterbea.7351

baxterbea.7351

I had the same problem but I resolved it by allowing ncplatform.net. this unblock everything in the game

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dudu.1972

Dudu.1972

Hi guys Ian playing the game on a MacBook laptop and I am having the same issue with the trading post any idea on what to do using a MacBook and where I can change the settings

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zombiefog.6390

Zombiefog.6390

I’m having the same issue for the past three days now. no one else I play with is having the issue. no support for this.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rodney.1470

Rodney.1470

Started having the same problem a few days ago. Works fine for a few hours when I log in but after that it bugs and nothing fixes it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MrCenterman.6210

MrCenterman.6210

I have not had access to the Black Lion Trading Company for at least 5 months. None of the tips in any thread have solved this problem.