Race Change

Race Change

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bubbles.8931

Bubbles.8931

Because of the recently Announced living story changes, will we be seeing changes to personal story as well? and, if so, will you consider making a Race Change kit?

Race Change

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Personally, I wont be making one.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Race Change

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: serapheles.5409

serapheles.5409

They’ve said in the past that changing races causes problems with the personal story, so it is unlikely to happen.

The Random Number Gods are nothing if not predictable.
Crafting is designed for gear accessibility, not profit.

Race Change

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Because of the recently Announced living story changes, will we be seeing changes to personal story as well? and, if so, will you consider making a Race Change kit?

Personal story isnt being changed. Afterall, it happened before Season 1.

Race Change

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Personal story is a finished product. Changing it adds little to nothing for the game, especially compared to the work it would involve.

The personal story also happens to prevent race change. So tough luck on that. Not going to happen.

(Personally, I believe the no-race-change policy is not only grounded in this technical issue, but also in the thought that it would be immersion-breaking. Each race has a culture and history, and your character becomes a part of that. Change your race, and you erase your character’s place in the game world.)

Race Change

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Stop asking for race change.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Race Change

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’ll pay Gems to Anet to be sure this does not happen. A consumable like this would break the racial character stories, and thus break the game. If you want a different race, buy a new character slot, and start another character.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Race Change

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kitarpa.8143

Kitarpa.8143

I get ANet doesn’t want to do it, etc, fine, but players such as some in this topic going on about how it’s “breaking immersion” – just stop, lol. Shoving your personal views on the game down other players throats is ridiculous. Not everyone is as involved, interested, or invested in the games lore and the characters personal story.

ANet has their reasons, OP just wanted to know if the new change to the storyline would make it “easier” to sneak in a race change product, not your opinion of why it shouldn’t happen or how important the storyline is to you.

Race Change

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

I get ANet doesn’t want to do it, etc, fine, but players such as some in this topic going on about how it’s “breaking immersion” – just stop, lol. Shoving your personal views on the game down other players throats is ridiculous. Not everyone is as involved, interested, or invested in the games lore and the characters personal story.

ANet has their reasons, OP just wanted to know if the new change to the storyline would make it “easier” to sneak in a race change product, not your opinion of why it shouldn’t happen or how important the storyline is to you.

(I added my personal opinion to the end of my post, in parentheses, after I had answered the OP’s question. I also explicitly stated it was my personal opinion. If it makes you upset to read that specific opinion, feel free to just ignore it, instead of ranting about it.)

As they say: “Anything in parentheses can be freely ignored.”

Race Change

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: XApocalypse.8739

XApocalypse.8739

Stop asking for race change.

Stop posting annoying comments. There are some of us who like the idea of a race change, if they could somehow reset the story then it could be done.

Race Change

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: XApocalypse.8739

XApocalypse.8739

I’ll pay Gems to Anet to be sure this does not happen. A consumable like this would break the racial character stories, and thus break the game. If you want a different race, buy a new character slot, and start another character.

How would this break the game? Other games do it and its perfectly fine, all anet would have to do is to reset the story.

Race Change

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Xehanort.7034

Xehanort.7034

It wouldn’t break the racial story. As apoc said, all they have to do is reset your personal story down to level 2, remove and/or cut the XP reward in half. Maybe even remove the item rewards from a reset personal story.

And for cultural armor, just convert the armor to the new race’s equivalent; let’s say you’re switching from sylvari to human and have full T3. Upon using a race change consumable, it converts the sylvari T3 to human T3.

I’m sure all of this has probably been suggested before, though. This would be a challenge to make, sure, but not impossible or game breaking. And i know it would sell, because I’ve wanted a race change consumable for some time.. I rerolled my asura guard to norn because i got tired of the asura animations, and I’ve been wanting to reroll my human engie to asura for WvW reasons. I would much rather just change my race then have to reroll a character i already fully geared out in ascended.

Race Change

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

How would this break the game? Other games do it and its perfectly fine, all anet would have to do is to reset the story.

+1

Nothing that happens in the personal story affects any of the open world content, dungeons, PvP or WvW at all. I don’t even think that players who bother to complete their story give it a second thought once it’s done with.

It also doesn’t affect anyone but the individual player who chooses to change their race. Just reset the story, give us the option to play through our new race’s storyline (perhaps minus rewards) and be done with it.

Race Change

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

I would be all over a way to reset personal story. That way there would be an easy way to get slayer achievements for my characters who have bypassed the personal story quest with the zillion rats. (Forewarned is Forearmed)