Refund of gems? Purchased item discounted

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Clouded Judgement.7834

Clouded Judgement.7834

Happy New Year.?!

Not really. I thought to myself since I love playing GW2 so much I would like to purchase some extra character slots to create the last 3 classes.

I bought three for 800 gems each. Then only 4 hours later I see in the store they are at 25% discount for 600 gems each.

Now I spent 2400 gems on something that should have only cost 1800. Can I please get a 600 gem refund.

I am extremely annoyed that there was no way to know and it was less than a day since I purchased the character slots and them going on special.

Thanks AANET

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Not how the system works.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

It should be, almost every major retailer today gives you back some sort of cash or credit if you purchase something a week prior then it goes on sale.

Even several online games has this feature, so I don’t see why Anet would want to be any different (other than their whole Nexon mentality lately).

I suggest try contacting support and try fighting it.

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bram.9802

Bram.9802

Why do you reckon you deserve a refund for a purchase just because you bought it at a certain period in time (or in your case just before sales)? Please just think about what you’re asking here. It doesn’t make much sense and it’s best to get rid of such a mentality.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Most players should have known they were going on sale due to the fact that they were announced on about the 2nd or so.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Clouded Judgement.7834

Clouded Judgement.7834

No they announced 3 random items each day. That’s it. They never mentioned character slots were going on sale. And in fact I didn’t even know they were having a sale until they showed up in the store.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Sorry dude but I don’t think this is feasible. Gem prices spiked by like 30s per 100 when the character slots went on sale. A lot of people (myself included) had to pay much more for our gems than you (probably) did to get the 600 per character, so it really isn’t a simple refund issue.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

No they announced 3 random items each day. That’s it. They never mentioned character slots were going on sale. And in fact I didn’t even know they were having a sale until they showed up in the store.

They did hint that the slots would be on sale. It is after all one of the example pictures used on the announcement: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/3-day-new-years-sale-in-the-gem-store-new-items-each-day/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

It should be, almost every major retailer today gives you back some sort of cash or credit if you purchase something a week prior then it goes on sale.

Even several online games has this feature, so I don’t see why Anet would want to be any different (other than their whole Nexon mentality lately).

I suggest try contacting support and try fighting it.

I brought up this exact same argument, but unfortunately their official response is “all sales are final”.

I, too, spent 1600 gems on New Year’s day that I’d gotten for Christmas. I specifically waited to see whether or not they would be having an after Christmas or New Year’s sale. Since there was no sign of one by the 1st I went ahead and purchased two character slots. Then 3 days later there’s a surprise announcement of a “New Year’s” sale, of course with character slots on sale. Awesome.

I can’t imagine anyone who bought/received gems for Christmas was at all pleased with this sale. Anet certainly lost points with me over it. The sad thing is if they’d reimbursed the difference I probably would have ended up buying more gems, instead that’s probably the last purchase they’ll ever see from me.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I have no idea if sales work differently outside of the UK, but I can’t see how there could be any financial sense in giving the amount of warning you seem to be asking for. They gave a bit of warning, which was generous. They even included the character slot picture in the advertisement, which should have been a pretty big clue.

Please lets not complain when ANet put good things on sale

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

What’s even worse… I was waiting for a promotion on character slots, saw the post after 2 weeks of holiday, logged in and found it was already too late

Promotions should last longer and auto-refund anyone who bought it in the week prior. That’s the fair thing to do.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lane.3410

The financial advantage is having as many people as possible participate in the sale, which is why typically most companies give plenty of advance notice (typically a week+) of when they’re having one. Not only that, but at least here in the US there are recognized sale days, such as Black Friday after Thanksgiving. Everyone knows it’s going to happen so they prepare for it.

I’m not complaining about the sale itself (although I do think the timing was sketchy), I’m complaining about exactly what Hexgame said. I could go to almost any other retailer and they would acknowledge the sale price as long as the purchase was made within a certain time period of the sale. This is quite honestly the first time I’ve run into a company that won’t do that, so I was taken aback by it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charismatic Harm.9683

Charismatic Harm.9683

I’m complaining about exactly what Hexgame said. I could go to almost any other retailer and they would acknowledge the sale price as long as the purchase was made within a certain time period of the sale. This is quite honestly the first time I’ve run into a company that won’t do that, so I was taken aback by it.

You’re not addressing the subtle difference between items for sale for gems in the Gem Store and items you buy from a local retailer.

The difference is that the items you buy from your local retailer are returnable. The items from the Gem Store are NOT.

The reason that local retailers will offer you a refund of the difference in the purchase price is because if they didn’t, you’d just do a full return on the item, then immediately buy it back.

Since none of the items in the Gem Store have any kind of return policy, and as an Anet representative stated, “all sales are final”…..they have no motivation or necessity to return any part of your purchase price.

I think the lesson here is to determine your goal. You were ok with spending that money on gems to purchase the item at the time your purchased it, right? You’re only upset now because had you waited, you could have saved a little money. It’s not that you’re upset that you bought the item(s)….you’re upset that you bought the items WHEN you bought them.

Just enjoy your character slots…..it’s the reason your bought them in the first place.

Guild: Member of Charter Vanguard [CV]
Logic will never win an argument on the forums…..only a sense of entitlement will.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lane.3410

No, I’m upset about Anet’s policies, but whatever.

The best their support staff could offer me was to tell me to post on the suggestions forum, so I did. Here’s the link if anyone else is disappointed in how this sale was handled.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Gems-Refunds-Sales