Removing Discounts without warning

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sharkinu.8096

Sharkinu.8096

Usually before a discount for a gemstore item expires we get a timer(7 days or 24 hours) so we know exactly when the sale will be over.

Why did they removed the discount on bank tabs and bag slots this morning without warning us? I was about to buy them this evening, just to realize after I got home that there is no point spending my money on gems anymore because the sale is over.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

The sales always expire at midnight PST (or PDT now maybe). That is also when weekend ended for office time.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tomoyo.3482

Tomoyo.3482

As well there was a red triangle at the top right of the item to let people know ending very soon

in Black Lion Trading Co

Sharkinu.8096

Yes, I know the time they expire(that’s morning for me). What I wanted to say is that they usually put a 24 hours counter on the item before they remove it. Yesterday when I checked them, there was no such counter so I assumed they will be on sale till Tuesday(assuming were going to put a 24 hours counter on monday morning).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Yes, I know the time they expire(that’s morning for me). What I wanted to say is that they usually put a 24 hours counter on the item before they remove it. Yesterday when I checked them, there was no such counter so I assumed they will be on sale till Tuesday(assuming were going to put a 24 hours counter on monday morning).

Last I checked, weekends only go up until Sunday night:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/weekend-sale-bag-slot-and-bank-tab-expansions/

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Sharkinu.8096

Meh. Nevermind them. I missed that announcement. Was expecting some kind of notification in game too, though.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It was counting down when I bought mine last night. 3am EDT, Midnight PDT is when sales go bye-bye.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: NornBearPig.9814

NornBearPig.9814

There was a visible countdown in-game. You must have missed it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

There was a visible countdown in-game. You must have missed it.

Indeed, there is always a countdown on items leaving the store (other than the transmutation splitter getting ninja yanked, but that’s another discussion).

To OP – the front page listing does not show the counter and displays items in a vertical fashion. One must visit the promotions tab or the appropriate category where the item is listed in a more detailed, horizontal fashion to see the countdown timer.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |