Resellable Limited Time Items

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

Any1 else sick of ppl profiting off of reselling limited time items.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tekyn.5376

Tekyn.5376

Yup. It caters to a specific type of player/playstyle.

“I feel like I’m getting trolled here. Good day sir.”
- John Smith, ArenaNet in-house economist

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

what’s your problem here? these items are easy enough to get if you want it for yourself. stop being jealous just because you’re poor.

in Black Lion Trading Co

SundayTrash.9562

I am not poor, I just dun like how ppl took advantages of limited items by up marking it.

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KyoHanakaze.8145

KyoHanakaze.8145

I am not poor, I just dun like how ppl took advantages of limited items by up marking it.

Deadly Blooms…why?

HoD/Valkyria Immortalis[VLK]
Iverna//Ranger
Adrienne Stormborn//Elementalist

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Grayson.2375

Grayson.2375

1000 gold is poor, even causal players have over 2000g already! As a player profiting off of reselling limited time items, u shoulder have over 5000g!!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

oh look, it looks like the bank every player that has been playing since release.

So in short you want a communist type society? where people who are smarter and foresee (obvious) market trends should not be rewarded?

pure hard work doesn’t pay off, it’s when you use your head AND work hard that pays off big

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Yes.

15 little kittens went to molten core.

Edit: Should put a little disclaimer here, if that is even at large the case – but all in all it only adds to the Gold Wars Factor.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

(edited by Rouven.7409)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I don’t have near that much and I’ve been playing since release as a casual player (avg 5-10 hours a week).

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

Are you also angry that people who suck at carnival games can just go to the toy store and buy stuffed animals?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

Wow, all that gold came from farming or bought with real money! Impressive!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

I have no problem with limited time skins being trade-able. I didn’t play SAB, and didn’t earn a single weapon skin. But, if at some point down the line I decide that I want one badly enough I will be glad to have the option of buying it, even knowing that it will be exorbitantly priced.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bacon Please.8407

Bacon Please.8407

Anet let you have the skins for free all you had to do was play the super adventure box. These skins are meant for people in the future that if they want these skins they have the option of buying it.

So for you to be jealous of people making money is cutting new players out of getting skins they can no longer get. THEY AREN’T FORCED TO BUY THEM. They buy them by choice.

We all like to [FARM] Guild Leader
Jade Quarry

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

1000 gold is poor, even causal players have over 2000g already! As a player profiting off of reselling limited time items, u shoulder have over 5000g!!

^ This

Is wrong.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

1000 gold? Really? I play my kitten off for fun and gold and because I don’t stare at excel spreadsheets all day long I get rewarded with peanuts. This is Trading Post Wars 2 not Guild Wars 2. Ridiculous

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guardian Of Tyria.6397

Guardian Of Tyria.6397

1000 gold? Really? I play my kitten off for fun and gold and because I don’t stare at excel spreadsheets all day long I get rewarded with peanuts. This is Trading Post Wars 2 not Guild Wars 2. Ridiculous

You don’t have to stare at spreadsheets all day long to make money on the market, all you need to do is be smart and stay on top of new additions/updates to the game (and not spend all your capital before you invest).

I foresaw that the Halloween skins would probably be worth more because they were limited, so I bought 1 ghastly shield, 1 The Crossing, 1 scythe skin, and 2 Chain saw sword skins for around 50g total….I sold The Crossing and Ghastly shield for a net of 400g and still have the scythe and sword skins.

I also bought up 2 super shields, 2 super staffs, 1 super greatsword, multiple flame/frost dyes, and got one super shield drop from the SAB for around a total cost of 150g and all that now is worth between 380g and 450g depending on the day.

I’ve made bad investments too (Everlasting toymaker tonic and the exotic wintersday bell….lost about 40g).

They dye prices may crash if they end up staying indefinitely (which I personally don’t think they will) and the skins may be reintroduced later (because we haven’t had definitive confirmation they won’t).

Bottom line, if you think it will be a limited item and will be wanted by people, invest, even if it’s only a small portion of your cash because having your gold in the bank will not make you money.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wolfgang Michael.8217

Wolfgang Michael.8217

Does anyone know how wrong this person is? It’s a laughable statement. So let me. Hahahaha

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

I actaully love limited time items, because as time goes on they become rarer and more valueble. If everything was permanent they would get over farmed, everyone would have them, and they wouldn’t be worth much. I think most ppl like unique looks, and temporary items helps to keep these items rare. I dont see many holloween shields, or grimreaper staffs, & chainsaw greatswords around, if they had been availible for 6 months they would be common and cheap and everywhere, u know. Temporary is a good thing to me.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Solo.9027

Bottom line, if you think it will be a limited item and will be wanted by people, invest, even if it’s only a small portion of your cash because having your gold in the bank will not make you money.

^This

Anyone who sits on 1k in actual gold is losing money every day as everyone else is also making gold every day decreasing the purchasing power that your gold holds.

Arguably, his dungeon tokens have more value.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

^This

Anyone who sits on 1k in actual gold is losing money every day as everyone else is also making gold every day decreasing the purchasing power that your gold holds.

Arguably, his dungeon tokens have more value.

I have almost 1billion kinah in Aion, but i don’t play it so it just sits there. Its not losing money tho, just taking up pixel space :P Especially since my characters are sitting on so many items that are no longer available. If I had 10-100,000 gold (probably close to the equivalent here) in gw2, I’d probably just waste it on influence or event stuff to make contests etc anyway.

I’m holding on to my gw2 items, tradeable or not. But soon I will need more bank space so hopefully they increase the cap..

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

I’m totes poor, and I have been playing since headstart.

Attachments:

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

I’m totes poor, and I have been playing since headstart.

I blame wvw, in your case :P

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: AggieTechGuy.4901

AggieTechGuy.4901

I have almost 1billion kinah in Aion, but i don’t play it so it just sits there. Its not losing money tho, just taking up pixel space :P Especially since my characters are sitting on so many items that are no longer available. If I had 10-100,000 gold (probably close to the equivalent here) in gw2, I’d probably just waste it on influence or event stuff to make contests etc anyway.

I’m holding on to my gw2 items, tradeable or not. But soon I will need more bank space so hopefully they increase the cap..

You also have to think about opportunity cost. If you had 10k-100k gold sitting in your gw2 bank, in a sense you would be losing gold. While the amount of gold you have won’t be dropping, you are missing out on making gold with the gold you already have.

If you think the items you’re holding on to will increase in value, that is fine. But for just gold, you lose the potential gains by letting it sit in a bank. It’s very similar to having $1 million and putting it under your mattress, while you could invest that $1 million and get interest instead.

Side note for the bank cap. You can create your own “private” guild where only your characters are inside of it. Eventually, you can buy a guild bank and have a lot of extra storage there.

Commander Logain Redwood – Isle of Janthir
Guildmaster of [CORE] Company of the Red Elite

in Black Lion Trading Co

Geotherma.2395

You also have to think about opportunity cost. If you had 10k-100k gold sitting in your gw2 bank, in a sense you would be losing gold. While the amount of gold you have won’t be dropping, you are missing out on making gold with the gold you already have.

If you think the items you’re holding on to will increase in value, that is fine. But for just gold, you lose the potential gains by letting it sit in a bank. It’s very similar to having $1 million and putting it under your mattress, while you could invest that $1 million and get interest instead.

Side note for the bank cap. You can create your own “private” guild where only your characters are inside of it. Eventually, you can buy a guild bank and have a lot of extra storage there.

I’ve done that as well and increased it twice, but you cannot store account bound/soul bound items there. But also gold is pretty easy to get, and I’ve kind of run out of uses for it, so making more (for me) just doesn’t seem important.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: AggieTechGuy.4901

AggieTechGuy.4901

I’ve done that as well and increased it twice, but you cannot store account bound/soul bound items there. But also gold is pretty easy to get, and I’ve kind of run out of uses for it, so making more (for me) just doesn’t seem important.

Wow, you must have a ton of items then.

I get what you’re saying about gold though. I personally haven’t tried to make gold for a few weeks now, so all my gold is sitting on my main character. Sometimes though, it is fun in and of itself. Making gold (other than just farming) is a game in and of itself, and the more gold you have shows that you are winning. I guess having a ridiculous amount of gold for nothing is just a way of elongating your ePen.

Commander Logain Redwood – Isle of Janthir
Guildmaster of [CORE] Company of the Red Elite

in Black Lion Trading Co

Solo.9027

In my last game I had a lot of money and when I decided I was done I just gave it and all my stuff away. I guess epen can be funny like that. I cared so much for it earning it but over time enthusiasm always diminishes. I guess its a lesson about life, don’t let yourself get too swept up in anything because you can just as easily fall out of love.

in Black Lion Trading Co

SundayTrash.9562

actually I invested my gold on dusk and dawn, so i am back down to 200g. O those deadly bloom, I only have 4 stacks now, used them to craft nightmare coil and sold them on tp. The thing I dun like about limited time items is hoarder. I am talking about those hard to get limited time items that ppl cam easily hoard and control the market.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

actually I invested my gold on dusk and dawn, so i am back down to 200g. O those deadly bloom, I only have 4 stacks now, used them to craft nightmare coil and sold them on tp. The thing I dun like about limited time items is hoarder. I am talking about those hard to get limited time items that ppl cam easily hoard and control the market.

I’m thinking precursers are not a good investment for profit atm. Since throwing yellows into the forge can make exotics and precursers, they are all related. The price of ecto determains the min price for a yellow. The high supply and cheap price of yellows means many will be upgraded them into exotics and precursers, expecially if ppl try to keep precurser prices high, they are most certainly going to fall as more ppl upgrade cheap yellows. The new dynamic event system guaranteeing a daily yellow has driven ecto into the floor. I’ve seen many of the precursers are on a steady downward slope on gw2spidy.com. I believe this to be the reason.

People are speculating the release of a scavenger hunt for precursers aswell, only making the gamble for profit worse. Any new way to obtain precursers will drop the price further.

Now i know gold drops in value over time aswell, but investing in precursers are to risky for me atm, I already sold mine. Although If any can keep thier value inspite of Anets changes it would be dusk and dawn, due to there popularity. I still think the best investments are gems (I don’t see them going down, as they are adding alot of new cashshop items), and limited time event items.