Reusing skins

Reusing skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nekoht.2518

Nekoht.2518

Are skins reusable? Like the one I get from the heroic chest
I unlocked it with my Necromancer and it gave me the armor and the skin
I haven’t used the skin yet though because I don’t know if it’ll vanish after

Also are any skins you buy from the gem store reusable?

Reusing skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Skins themselves are not reusable.

I think you can reuse them though if you have a transmutation splitter, which is a gem store item.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Reusing skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nicolle Rodgers.4926

Nicolle Rodgers.4926

Skins give a free use the first time. After that, you can continue to apply the skin to different items as many times as you want, but each time it will require a transmutation stone (level 0-79 items) or a transmutation crystal (level 80 items).

Hope that helps!

Reusing skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: The Meat Wagon.7194

The Meat Wagon.7194

If they made them easily reusable, then you would have no reason to buy more stuff from the cash shop, so they made them one use only to keep you paying.

Reusing skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Skins give a free use the first time. After that, you can continue to apply the skin to different items as many times as you want, but each time it will require a transmutation stone (level 0-79 items) or a transmutation crystal (level 80 items).

Hope that helps!

^ yeah forgot about the crystals too

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Reusing skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

Hope that helps!

if they were kept account bound i would have peace with that, with all the soul bound crap this is kinda the whole reason why skins are NOT reusable.

Reusing skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Hope that helps!

if they were kept account bound i would have peace with that, with all the soul bound crap this is kinda the whole reason why skins are NOT reusable.

Transmute the skin to a “white” item, it becomes account bound. Place in the bank, pick up with whatever toon will be using the skin. Transmute to item with stats you want.

Reusing skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sudden.8729

Sudden.8729

I remember hearing an interview, I believe it was from PAX, where one of the Dev’s was referencing a possible “wardrobe closet” for skins is in the works. Is this indeed a true fact and is their any chance we might see this before the end of the year?

Vandallias – Champion Hunter Too Seksi – Guardian
www.twitch.tv/the_chach – Random sPVP/WvW

Reusing skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

Hope that helps!

Transmute the skin to a “white” item, it becomes account bound. Place in the bank, pick up with whatever toon will be using the skin. Transmute to item with stats you want.

i know that trick, it’s more a placeholder rather then an actual solution, something the devs need to fix.

Reusing skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I remember hearing an interview, I believe it was from PAX, where one of the Dev’s was referencing a possible “wardrobe closet” for skins is in the works. Is this indeed a true fact and is their any chance we might see this before the end of the year?

You will see it, ‘when it’s ready’.

Reusing skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jeahanne.5209

Jeahanne.5209

You will see it, ‘when it’s ready’.

“If it’s ready,” you mean lol

There’s no guarantee that we’ll actually get it, even though a “Wardrobe Closet” is a fantastic idea.

Reusing skins

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

To be more precise, the question was whether or not there will be a way to reuse skins (specifically back skins) without the use of the Crystals/Stones. This prompted Colin to say something along the lines of; “The problem is not that skins aren’t reusable, it’s the fact that there is no where to store all of the skins you accumulate. If we were to address the first question, we would be more inclined to work on a wardrobe/closet to keep all your skins for use whenever you’d like”

Again, that isn’t a direct quote but it is essentially what he was talking about- addressing the problem at its origin.