Rune of ice seems decent why so cheap?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CrazyDuck.4610

CrazyDuck.4610

Interesting how this rune crashed so hard, the buff doesn’t seem all that bad. Thoughts?

Superior Rune of the Ice
+25 Vitality
+10% Chill Duration
+50 Vitality
25% chance when struck to cause an ice nova. (Cooldown: 30 seconds)
+100 Vitality
+20% Chill Duration; +7% damage against chilled foes.

YouWish – Guard
DragonBrand – [Agg] Aggression

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Limited ways to chill someone. Other runes increase dps more. Best for some type of balance gear on a elementalist.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in Black Lion Trading Co

CrazyDuck.4610

I could see it working great if an ele/necro being pressured and that nova going off to seperate them, plus the damage increase is pretty high. I can see this + hydromancy being pretty decent to prevent people from pressuring you. Plus the vitality increase is nothing to sneeze at either.

YouWish – Guard

(edited by CrazyDuck.4610)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

Yeah, not so easy to apply chill at all. Its so limiting I dont see it being all that expensive. But hey, the dust did not settled yet, people do not know what is the new hit going to be. I also checked the reworked krait rune. I think it previously gave a bonus to power while underwater but now they look like the god of bleeds runes. Yet, they are cheap.

banished from time and space

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Yeah, not so easy to apply chill at all. Its so limiting I dont see it being all that expensive. But hey, the dust did not settled yet, people do not know what is the new hit going to be. I also checked the reworked krait rune. I think it previously gave a bonus to power while underwater but now they look like the god of bleeds runes. Yet, they are cheap.

I’ve been using Krait runes for some time now on my condition warrior (since I didn’t want to sink any gold into that spec). I have to say that I love the change to that rune and expect it will increase in value for other condition specs.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I’ve been using Krait runes for some time now on my condition warrior (since I didn’t want to sink any gold into that spec). I have to say that I love the change to that rune and expect it will increase in value for other condition specs.

It might increase its value in functionality but i dont see the gold value rising much, unless we find a way to burn through 150k piles of putrid essence on the tp and millions stored away in collectible tabs.
This is the 2nd cheapest exotic runes to craft after rune of the undead and gets mass crafted to lvl from 425-450.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MotherKitten.6795

MotherKitten.6795

What is an ice nova?

The Goderators have ruined this forum for me.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

What is an ice nova?

That confuses me too.

There is a Ranger pet drake skill called ice nova that is an AoE chill with a wide radius that doesn’t do damage or anything else.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Same with all the rest of the sigils, there’s no info on it’s card. Will cause bleeding on crit, will cause burning on crit, will cause all kinds of effects on crit.

Hidden values are a plague on this game, SPELL IT OUT FOR US. I don’t want to have to experiment with hundreds of my hard earned G’s just to find out that it’s 1 stack of bleeding for 1/4 second with a cooldown of 10 minutes.

WTF is an ice nova? How much damage will I do with a Fire Blast or Lighning Bolt (which looks to have been toned down on the 15th in sound and visual effect) – I used to know exactly when it fired off (lightning actually came from the sky and hit your target), but now I have to watch carefully for an electrical haze and the sound effect has been toned down significantly, it used to make a real SNAP-THWACK sound like game lightning does but now it’s just an electrical buzzing sound…

Necro #3? has an ice blast effect but I don’t think it’s the same thing. 4 second chill with 30% from runes would be 5.2 seconds rounded in some way.
Ele Water dagger #3 has an ice blast effect for 4 1/4 second with 30% would be 5.525 seconds.

Anyway, 175 vitality is nice but chill is kind of like the cousin of conditions as the cooldown on the skills that have it are somewhat longer than most other conditions.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Limited ways to chill someone. Other runes increase dps more. Best for some type of balance gear on a elementalist.

Hammer guardian. Can be traited for chill on critical hits.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

look like the god of bleeds runes. Yet, they are cheap.

Looking like something is distinctly different from BEING that something. This is why I use Undead runes for my condi necro than the Krait runes. The underwhelming condi application on elite from Krait runes doesnt even match the condi damage buff from Undead runes.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: little ceasar.9254

little ceasar.9254

Every 30s

Ashr [AGG]RESSION
CD→SoS→BG→ET→DB→JQ→SoS→
Mag→JQ→SoS→JQ→TC→FA→DB→FA→Mag→TC→KN

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Ghost Pepper Popper :P
limited to certain dungeons and fractals …

in Black Lion Trading Co

CrazyDuck.4610

+ hydromancy :P

I think the ice nova does the same thing as Hydromancy does because on the wiki ice nova links to the sigil of hydromancy.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Ice

YouWish – Guard

(edited by CrazyDuck.4610)