1 @ 106 gems
5 @ 292 gems = 58.4 gems each
25 @ 1785 = 71.4 gems each

Are you sure the 25 set is the correct price? Cheaper to buy the 5 packs

Sale prices for keys wrong?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shades.4572

Shades.4572

Honestly I was thinking the same thing but how the 5 is probably set at the wrong cost. Since 1 @ 196 is 15% off the normal 125, and 25 @ 1785 is 15% off the normal 2100.

So 15% off the 5 pack should be 382 not 292.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Opps, egg on face of guy who entered the sale data.

Lets see if they fix it once Anet gets to work.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Haruka.9624

Haruka.9624

yep, looks like wrong price. But which one collect?
If 5 keys set price is right, it’s problem for me… I bought a 2 set of 25 keys pack just now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bilatteus.4872

bilatteus.4872

i hope the 25 set gets a further discount or they dont change the 5 set price!!! arggggggh im at work and i wanted to buy keys!!

lets hope they dont start work for another 12-13hrs

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Haven’t we had more or less the exactly same thread every single time they have had a sale on the BLKs?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Well I just buy lot of the 5set so I will have problem if 25set will be cheaper than 5 :O

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

Gold to gems its a little over 5g per key if you buy the 5 pack, sort of makes me wish I still had an extra character slot for key farming still as I can’t beat that rate farming without playing the tp game.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Hopefully this is an error. If not, buying a single key for 15% isn’t worth it, IMO. This is why you should take advantage of the huge sales when they happen. When BL Keys were 40% off, I stocked up.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

Or they realize that people buy on price and not on utility, and when people see the 5 keys are cheaper per key than 1 or 25, they think they’re getting a deal and sticking it to the man.
Things like this pop up everywhere.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Could also be a test. See how many people buy the keys, see how many more people buy the cheaper keys, see if discounting keys (or lowering price) is more or less profitable.

For instance, I bought more keys this morning to take advantage of the 35% off in case it was a bug. It was likely 20 more dollars they would not have gotten if it weren’t for the cheap price.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

Dulfy: “March 3 – Black Lion Chest keys (1 for 106 gems, 5 for 292 gems, 25 for 1785 gems) – 15-35% OFF”
I’m thinking it was intentional, as Da Sonic explained about psychology. It’s only 35% off – they’ve been cheaper before. If it was 50+% off I would question it and assume I’d get banned if I bought 1000 of them (not that 50% off would even make them worth it, but this is still worth mentioning).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SnowBabiez.5103

SnowBabiez.5103

I put in a ticket hoping they will refund me back 325 gems for the purchase I made of the 25 lot. I just rely on the game powers that be to make sure we get a deal buying in bulk as usual. Sad this happened, now I have to second guess every time I buy from Black Lion.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

It’s a bad business policy to make people regret purchases.
I think they assume too much to think everyone will notice the good deal before purchasing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Taisia.2813

Taisia.2813

This is definitely an oversight… There is no way 25 can be more expensive then buying 5×5.... It’s simply a mistake that they’ll need to fix…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

They don’t “need” to fix it, it’ll be gone in less than 11 hours.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Solo.9027

Whining for a refund on the 25 pack is just outing yourself as mathematically challenged.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lilius.9850

Lilius.9850

the 5 pack keys are 53.28% off per key lol. Highest discount EVER in Gw2

I bought 25 keys (through 5 x5packs)
got
-6 ticket scraps
-3 total makeover kits
-2 hair kits
-5 transmutation crystals
-1 bonfire
-4 tomes of knowledge
-4 merchant and 4 trading post express
-4 revive orbs and 5 instant repair cans
-a bunch of boosters that are going to rot in the bank
-mini scarlet and mini cathe which sold for 2g each
-250 alliance packs that led to 2 tomes of knowledge

TL;DR
Keys are a waste of money. They should go for 99% off because this stuff is complete kitten

(edited by Lilius.9850)

in Black Lion Trading Co

SnowBabiez.5103

@solo.9027 I don’t see myself as mathmatically challenged at all. I see myself as trusting that gw2 would not sell a lesser amount of anything cheaper than buying in bulk. Ty for trying so hard to insult me though <3 you too.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Solo.9027

When I go to the grocery store I instinctively look at the “price per ounce” listed in small print under the unit price to make decisions on what constitutes a good deal. Its not always true that larger quantities will always offer the best deal and you should not assume that the seller owes you if you don’t select the product that works best for your interests. These are basic things every functioning adult should be able to consider for themselves before spending money IRL let alone in a virtual world.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Troublesome.5670

Troublesome.5670

Yeah I agree, I don’t want a refund. It’s my fault for assuming the 25 pack would be the best deal then getting it only to look twice a min later and realize my mistake. However, it does leave a bad taste in my mouth and though it might be my fault I still feel like I was tricked. Making a middle-number amount the cheapest was an odd move, since if they wanted the 5 packs to sell even better (maybe based on sales history) I would have thought they would have slapped a “Best Deal” label over it in order to bring it to the customer’s attention. But they didn’t which leads me to believe they were hoping I wouldn’t notice. I dunno, like I said, it’s my fault for not paying attention……however, I do not think I will be purchasing keys in bulk from them again.

(edited by Troublesome.5670)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It does feel rather odd that the 5 key price is different to the other two options. Unsure if this was deliberate or a data entry error on ANet’s part.

In any case, still not buying. Black Lion Keys have been nothing but a source of disappointment for me. :P

in Black Lion Trading Co

SnowBabiez.5103

@Solo.9027, IRL vs a game is totally not a realistic comparison. I am a wife/mom and I have 4 children and I always shop smart IRL, however on a game that I use for downtime, and have always seen the prices be cheapest for larger quantity, I just assumed it would still be the same today. My bad, but still was a not so nice move on gw2’s part imo. Do I feel I want a refund, yes. I feel that this game has always been fair with things like pricing, not tricking people and today shouldn’t of been different out of no where. If it were just me complaining, I would shut up, but i’m not the only one, there are many complaining and asking for refunds. I feel your insults are unwarranted and kind of childish, so from here on out, I will ignore you so I don’t say something not so nice. Have a pleasant evening.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

I bought the 5-pack one last night after seeing the discount was 50%-ish for one key.
However, I still regretted my purchase because I got all kinds of junk from them.
Not even one weapon ticket scrap…..
Also, lol at the alliance bags coming out from BLC. Epic trolling!

There goes my first time buying keys and my gambling with BLCs, and never again…. even with 50% off for those keys.

I agree with what someone said here:

Keys are a waste of money. They should go for 99% off because this stuff is complete kitten

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dharmlost.6215

dharmlost.6215

I wish I looked at the math on this a lot closer. I bought a set of 25 keys, and then did the math. Silly me! Kind of upset

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bilatteus.4872

bilatteus.4872

i got 7 ticket scraps from 10 chests! im gonna ration the rest of the keys i bought for if/when i get a chest drop. im glad they didnt fix it til i got home

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

the 5 pack keys are 53.28% off per key lol. Highest discount EVER in Gw2

I bought 25 keys (through 5 x5packs)
got
-6 ticket scraps
-3 total makeover kits
-2 hair kits
-5 transmutation crystals
-1 bonfire
-4 tomes of knowledge
-4 merchant and 4 trading post express
-4 revive orbs and 5 instant repair cans
-a bunch of boosters that are going to rot in the bank
-mini scarlet and mini cathe which sold for 2g each
-250 alliance packs that led to 2 tomes of knowledge

TL;DR

I’ve had a number of keys through drops. The biggest haul I ever had was just the other night when I got a speed booster and 2 unidentified dyes.

I might buy them if they were 1 gem each, but that’s not going to happen.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The Keys wouldnt even be worth buying at 99% off. Too much junk in them.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I too wonder why you guys bother buying keys. If you just want the weapon skins, it’s cheaper to wait for prices to even out and then buy the skins off the TP.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Sometimes people like to buy lottery tickets. Or blind box toys. Or gachapon capsule toys.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I always shop smart

Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

I always shop smart

Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

Indeed, I heard they sell nice boomsticks there.