Salvage-o-Matics

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: seyhzade.3401

seyhzade.3401

A few Months ago i bought Silver-Fed Salvage-o-matic and its similiar to Master’s Salvage kit with 25 stacks(15 Silver 36 Copper at Merchant) . And salvagin materials with that salvage-o-matic its expensive occoridng to Mester’s Salvage Kit. Example: 25 items salvagin with Salvage-o-matic per item is 1 silver : 25 items * 1 silver = 25 Silvers but Normal Master’s Salvage Kit is just 15 Silvers 36 Coppers in Merchant. You can say but infinite item u can salvage with that Salvage-o-matic i can understand but Selling other Salvage-o-matic at TP Copper-Fed Salvage-O-Matic. Also its similiar to Basic Salvage Kit. And salvagin 25 items with Copper-Fed Salvage-O-Matic per item is 3 Copper : 25 items cost is 75 coppers but similiar salavge kit (Basic Salvage Kit) that sellin at merchant is just 88 Coppers. I am not Happy with this situation and i fell like i am scammed =(..

Also i have a few questions..
1. Is that all price of salvage-o-matics and salvage kits before made really well-researched ?

2. ?f its not will u change price of cost of salvage-o-matics per uses?

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

There’s a bigger thread about this here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/New-SILVER-Fed-Salvage-O-Matic/page/3#post4451052

Long story short, the SFSoM is a poor deal unless you regularly salvage lots and lots of things using Master/Mystic Salvage Kits. (If you have plenty of Mystic Forge Stones, you will never, ever need the SFSoM.) As it’s been out for a while now with no change, it’s likely the SFSoM is staying as it currently is.

Also, always, ALWAYS do your research before putting money down for anything.

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: seyhzade.3401

seyhzade.3401

Yeah I bought it with out research =(. But this SFSoM was a good Lesson to me . i Read the forum and they don think to change it i think. so sad. For save money i think i will stop using SFSoM.

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curtis Johnson

Curtis Johnson

Next

Just a quick update for our SSOM owners.. We’ll be improving the per use cost of the Silver-fed Salvage-O-Matic in one of the upcoming releases. Stay tuned.

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Just a quick update for our SSOM owners.. We’ll be improving the per use cost of the Silver-fed Salvage-O-Matic in one of the upcoming releases. Stay tuned.

I hope by “improving” you mean “decreasing”

:P

Server: Devona’s Rest

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

1 Candy Corn per use.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Megis.9264

Megis.9264

Unless it’s 10c or lower, I’m still better off with the Mystic Salvage Kits

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

mtpelion.4562

It is doubtful that they will use the Mystic Salvage Kit as a reference for the new cost value. More likely the Master Salvage Kit as that one can be purchased with coin (Mystic Kit cost changes based on gold to gem conversion/free stones from daily/chests).

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

1 Candy Corn per use.

Of course not. It’s a Silver fed Salvage-o-matic… it’ll be one silver doubloon per use.

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curtis Johnson

Previous

Curtis Johnson

1 Candy Corn per use.

Of course not. It’s a Silver fed Salvage-o-matic… it’ll be one silver doubloon per use.

I hadn’t thought of that….. hmmm.

yes it will be decreasing

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Megis.9264

Not like you need gems to buy Mystic Forge Stones, that stuff drops out of the sky like hotcakes, at a clumsy bakery.

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Edgar Doiron.2804

Edgar Doiron.2804

1 Candy Corn per use.

I’ve noticed there’s a lot of worthless leather out there…. you know, Leather-fed-salvage-o-matic sounds pretty good

Forgeman Destroyers [FORD] – Sorrows furnace

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

mtpelion.4562

Not like you need gems to buy Mystic Forge Stones, that stuff drops out of the sky like hotcakes, at a clumsy bakery.

Depends on your playstyle. I’ve got a large stockpile of them too, but not everyone does.

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nicoper.3215

nicoper.3215

I would be fine if there was a bloodstone dust salvage-o-matic as I have tons of them and no use for them as I am too lazy too level up any crafting profession enough

This signature is awesome!

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

mtpelion.4562

I would be fine if there was a bloodstone dust salvage-o-matic as I have tons of them and no use for them as I am too lazy too level up any crafting profession enough

Mawdry II

It eats 50 Bloodstone Dust at a time and gives you a champ bag in return.

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

It will need to be renamed if it’s not silver or I foresee threads complaining how it’s called the Silver Fed but it doesn’t require silver. :P

Maybe if it acts like a silver ore sink, like the new candy corn gobbler. Silver ore badly needs a new sink.

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Megis.9264

Copper-fed Rare Salvage-o-matic

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mityr.1320

Mityr.1320

Mawdry II

You dont get champ bags in return, just normal bags with some junk, chef mats and sometime rares and exos(very rare)

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

mtpelion.4562

Mawdry II

You dont get champ bags in return, just normal bags with some junk, chef mats and sometime rares and exos(very rare)

So…. champ bag.

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

It is doubtful that they will use the Mystic Salvage Kit as a reference for the new cost value. More likely the Master Salvage Kit as that one can be purchased with coin (Mystic Kit cost changes based on gold to gem conversion/free stones from daily/chests).

Mystic kit currently costs about 9s82c per salvage. People only mention the 10c price because they do so few salvages that they get enough mystic forge stones from dailies to keep it up. At that rate, it would take years to use a SFSoM enough where you even match its initial cost, nevermind try to recoup losses (500gemsx18g/100gems=90g/1s=9000 salvages=108 MF stones). On the other hand, some people go through the equivalent of 1 mystic kit per day (I used to). Those are the people that actually want/need/would use/would get a working SFSoM. That’s what they should be priced off of.
You wouldn’t see the price of CFSoM based off the free crude kit you get from personal story level 15. You wouldn’t see the price of SFSoM based off the limited gift for doing dailies or ach.
A good price for SFSoM would be 60c per use (1.44c less than master). This would put it in line with the CFSoM, and definitely worth getting.
At 60c per use, it would take 625,000 salvages to recoup the cost of buying it. at 250 salvages/day, that’s 6.8 years.
At 50c per use, it would take 78,671 salvages to recoup the cost of buying it. at 250 salvages/day, that’s 10.5 months. 25 salvages/day would be 8.6 years.

(edited by Mystic.5934)

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

1 Candy Corn per use.

Can we expect to see it in the gem store again, once the price per salvage is lowered?

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Imo it should be lowered to match the master kits. That would make it fair/balanced.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Becky.8396

Becky.8396

1 Candy Corn per use.

Now this is good news! Thank you. I bought it without stopping to do the math. Once I did the math, I couldn’t bring myself to use it. :P

However, please don’t make it fed by a commodity, or any other item that may fluctuate in price. Please just make it currency fed.

If you want to keep it as silver fed, then give it salvaging stats a step higher than the master kit, but less than the BLSK, of course.

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Maliel.8362

Maliel.8362

If only the salvage-o-matics could be made into a UI feature instead of an item.

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

It is doubtful that they will use the Mystic Salvage Kit as a reference for the new cost value.

Well, they could, but I don’t think you’d want to; they’re sophisticated enough to recognize that the value of a mystic forge stone is non-zero.

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

1 Candy Corn per use.

Can we expect to see it in the gem store again, once the price per salvage is lowered?

Yes, this. Depending on if the new price points are appealing enough, I might consider actually picking one up.

In the meantime though, Curtis, if it’s not too late in the development process, can I make a suggestion? How about making the SFSoM the equivalent of a permanent Black Lion Salvage Kit? Bump the price per use up to 3 silver per use (3 copper → 3 silver), and increase the base purchase price in gems to whatever you feel is appropriate. People who bought the SFSoM early for a cheaper price can get themselves a bargain, as a reward for being early adopters back when the SFSoM was a poor bargain.

And in the future, you can introduce a Gold Fed Salvage-o-Matic. 3 gold per use, acts as an unlimited Upgrade Extractor.

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: luuh.1805

luuh.1805

Will the updated silver fed salvage automatic by any chance be accepting IOUs?

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

if you must go with the silver fed theme why not silver ore?

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

if you must go with the silver fed theme why not silver ore?

Because ore needs to be mined or bought off the TP (mined by others) plus the price varies. Salvage kits are fixed cost per use. Now a half-silver makes a bit more sense as that undercuts a master kit cost by roughly the same amount as the copper fed does compared to the basic kit. Of course I would raise the gem price for it to match the copper fed kit.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

I’m curious if we’ll ever see a Gold-Fed Salvage-o-Matic. same effectiveness as black lion salvage kit. maybe 1g per use? or 10 gems per use? (BLSK is 12 gems per use) “Gem-Fed Salvage-o-Matic”

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

oh cool
i hope it comes back to the store as i did the math before letting impulse buying get the better of my wallet…

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Imo it should be lowered to match the master kits. That would make it fair/balanced.

Not sure how that’s “fair/balanced” when you get infinite uses out it, reducing your bag space etc.

It should come with a small convenience penalty. The copper-o-matic is a good example of said implementation.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Not sure how that’s “fair/balanced” when you get infinite uses out it, reducing your bag space etc.

It should come with a small convenience penalty. The copper-o-matic is a good example of said implementation.

Except the copper-fed one costs less per salvage than a Basic salvage kit (the same effectiveness kit).

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

The gem cost is that penalty.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Except the copper-fed one costs less per salvage than a Basic salvage kit (the same effectiveness kit).

I thought there was a small penalty but I double checked the wiki and u r right. No clue why the silver version went on the opposite direction. That doesn’t make any sense now.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tyger.1637

Tyger.1637

I thought there was a small penalty but I double checked the wiki and u r right. No clue why the silver version went on the opposite direction. That doesn’t make any sense now.

I imagine it was to make it less of a pay2win kind of deal but pushed it a bit too far the other way OR tried to keep with the theme of copper-fed by going silver-fed and coupling it with a bump in rarity but not accounting for the percentage cost increase.

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bjwhiteda.7645

bjwhiteda.7645

I wish I had never bought that silver fed salvage o matic. If I could return it for a refund I would. even if it drops to one silver..most of what it gives you costs far less.

Disclaimer
Courteous, intelligent debate from players help devs make a good game, legendary

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I wish I had never bought that silver fed salvage o matic. If I could return it for a refund I would. even if it drops to one silver..most of what it gives you costs far less.

It is 1 silver.

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It is 1 silver.

And the problem is a master kit is only 61.44 c. True you never have to either forge a mystic kit or restock master kits but 500 gems is a bit costly for the privileged to pay more on every salvage.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

I would just like to point this out:
Orichalcum Mining Pick: 4s for 100 charges. each use is 4c
Molten Alliance Mining Pick: 1000 gems + 0c per use. uses to recoup initial price: ~390,000
Watchwork Mining Pick: 1000 gems + 0c per use + ~48c bonus per use. uses to recoup initial price: ~29,800

Basic Salvage Kit: 88c for 25 charges. each use is 3.52c
CFSoM: 800 gems + 3c per use. uses required to recoup initial price: ~2,400,000

Why does the CFSoM even cost anything per use? If it cost 0 per use, that ‘uses required’ would drop to ~350,000, which is in line with the perma gathering tools.

The SFSoM is a different order of magnitude. If it were free per use, the uses required to recoup initial price would be ~12,600, which is far too low to be comparable. (excluding that watchwork pick, which I expect Anet would remove if they could)

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Skaigash.4715

Skaigash.4715

All I have to say is thank you for listening. Faith somewhat restored.

Just, if I may suggest/request/beg, please don’t do things without second-guessing the players first. The way you guys have been doing things is this:
1) Update game/Intro new stuff without second-guessing players.
2) Players pitch-fork-and-torch you guys up. White knights do what they do best (or worst, depending on how you see it.)
3) You guys come back with “Working as intended”.
4) Players get angrier. White knights blah3.
5) You guys fix stuff.
6) White knights go, “See? You haters are wrong, Anet is right, as usual.”
7) Repeat step 1.

So please, can you guys consider your updates/new items carefully before you actually implement them? Again, in case you guys or the faithful white knights missed it: I am grateful for the update. Thank you.

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BeardSanity.5623

BeardSanity.5623

Nice improvement. But where can I get one of this?

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Mystic.5934

I hear you can’t. at least not right now. I am sure it will be available for sale in the gem store within 2 months.

Salvage-o-Matics

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jia Shen.4217

Jia Shen.4217

Why does the CFSoM even cost anything per use? If it cost 0 per use, that ‘uses required’ would drop to ~350,000, which is in line with the perma gathering tools.

The SFSoM is a different order of magnitude. If it were free per use, the uses required to recoup initial price would be ~12,600, which is far too low to be comparable. (excluding that watchwork pick, which I expect Anet would remove if they could)

The reason the salvage-o-matics have a per use cost is because by not having it they actually kill an effective coin sink. Not that the gathering tools also sinks coin but that I’m confident in saying that there is far more salvaging going on than gathering from nodes. Though I would not have been opposed to the gathering tools having a per use cost. But it is too late for them to add one now, the outcry would probably be worse than the over cost of the silver fed when it first came out.

Also I’m not sure you can factor in coin for gems in the cost unless that is how you got your gems. If you spent real money to get the gems then there is no break even point since each salvage with the salvage-o-matic is slightly less than the respective vender kits.

So please, can you guys consider your updates/new items carefully before you actually implement them? Again, in case you guys or the faithful white knights missed it: I am grateful for the update. Thank you.

Gem store items are highly likely not the sole concepts of the game developers. Often times these items are concepts of the money handlers or executives outside of the developers and their immediate executive staff structure. Kind of like how in retail stores a lot of ideas decisions are made by executives who have never actually worked in a retail store and so the employees on the store end go what they heck were they thinking and ignore or alter it after the executives get their butt kissing while they are in the store to look at their new idea. So in the case of the original design of the silver fed the concept was likely this kind of scenario and the developer working on implementing the concept didn’t give it any thought that the per use cost was so odd. Thus the change we now have after player feedback bringing the strangeness to their attention.