Salvaging Exotics for Inscriptions

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

This was in the patch notes for sept 3rd update. I salvaged about 20 named non-craftable exotics and didn’t get any inscriptions, so i’m wondering whats going on?

Anyone been lucky enough to get an inscription?

Is the odds just really low, is it a bug, or just never implimented?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Really low.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Curse Drew.8679

Really low is pretty vague!

For those that have salvaged one, lets talk some ratios. I’m 0/20.

Where’s that for guy that salvages for science? We need him!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kodiak.4213

Kodiak.4213

2/3, best salvage was 3 Ectos, 3 Dark matter, and an inscription that sold for 6g. BLSK

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Ah, where in the patch notes, I’ve looked.

Search for salvag and the only mention is EoL and Dark Matter

Search for inscript and the only mention is ascended inscription recipe for purchase, settler’s inscription drop from Karka Queen and sentinel inscription for purchase.

Search for exotic and the only mention is the crafting reset to level up to 500 and the previously mentioned dark matter.

Search for chance only produces the previously mentioned settler’s inscription drop.

I just don’t see it.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RagingDragon.9475

RagingDragon.9475

“Because we wanted all stat combos in the game to be represented in Ascended Weapons, we have added new Exotic Inscriptions to the salvage tables on all non-crafted Exotic weapons and to drops where applicable.”

This line was originally in the patch notes but seems to have mysteriously disappeared!

You could actually Salvage Exotic Inscriptions quite frequently for the first couple of days, but they seem to have stealth nerfed it. It is currently somewhere around a 10% chance. Which is no longer worth the investment unless you are very lucky.

Pre-Patch: 30/50
Post-Patch: 2/20

I made a killing while all the suckers were speed leveling their crafting.

Edit: While the line is now missing from the patch notes it is still on the blog post
Brace Yourself Disequilibrium is Coming

Commander Kane Ragingdragon
Knights of Ares [ARES] - Apply Now

(edited by RagingDragon.9475)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Also, you can only get the inscription from the ones that aren’t craftable. Berserker, for example, is craftable so you will never get an inscription from one berserker’s exotics. I feel like a lot of people are salvaging the wrong ones, because I’m still getting around 66% inscription rate from the Soldiers exotics.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

RagingDragon.9475

As Nike said this only works for non-craftable ones. So certain types will not work.

Berserker’s is one of the ones that doesn’t work.

Some work really well and have netted most of my guild members a lot of money, as I have posted all the working combinations on our guild website!

(edited by RagingDragon.9475)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Curse Drew.8679

So what ANET meant to announce: non-craftable inscriptions, can be salvaged from exotics containing those stats.

But what ANET actually said was: “we added new Exotic Inscriptions to the salvage tables on all non-crafted Exotic weapons” (hence named exotics being non-craftable, eventhough some contain berserker stats, yet they yield nothing)

So ANET costed me gold due to them announcing this incorrectly, because i salvaged so many named exotics expecting inscriptions. It’s very unclear what they meant, no wonder ppl haven’t figured out why they are not getting inscriptions. The announcement says ALL non-crafted exotics.

in Black Lion Trading Co

RagingDragon.9475

Some of us have figured it out.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

Some of us have figured it out.

This. Why would you think they would add inscriptions to loot tables that we can already get. Especially when they said the change was to make it so that you could get inscriptions that you originally couldn’t craft.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I got 2 exotic inscriptions from salvaging some exos I dropped from champ chests. I used them to craft some quick weapons to boost my crafting level. Here is the catch, even though the inscription is already made, I still had to combine 5 ectos with it to make those weapons. Seems like a rip off to me.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

@RagingDragon: What about Sentinel’s and Settler’s inscriptions? Is it possible to salvage those from Exotics?

And I’m presuming that you can’t salvage any inscriptions from Rares and below? Even if they’re the non-craftable types?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Curse Drew.8679

Why would you think they would add inscriptions to loot tables that we can already get.

Because that’s what they said.

“Because we wanted all stat combos in the game to be represented in Ascended Weapons, we have added new Exotic Inscriptions to the salvage tables on all non-crafted Exotic weapons and to drops where applicable.”

There were not any exotic inscriptions in the salvage loot tables before. So every inscription would be a newly added one; it’s probably that key word ALL non-crafted exotics.

in Black Lion Trading Co

RagingDragon.9475

@RagingDragon: What about Sentinel’s and Settler’s inscriptions? Is it possible to salvage those from Exotics?

And I’m presuming that you can’t salvage any inscriptions from Rares and below? Even if they’re the non-craftable types?

Some of us spent a lot of time and gold researching this to find what is profitable, we have shared this with friends and guild members, so the profit margins have been slowly diminishing for the last week. So if you are looking to get into this market you have missed the boat.

As for your questions. Sentinel Weapons are considered craftable since you can now buy the Inscription from the Guild Vendor. I didn’t test Settler’s, so if you want an answer there you will have to test it yourself.

And Yes, they only drop from Exotic’s.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Oh, don’t worry. I don’t really use the TP as a money-making venture except for selling excess mats or lucky drops. When I salvage stuff, it is usually for my personal use only. I was just asking out of curiosity in case I wanted to make a Sentinel’s/Settler’s weapon in the future without buying the inscription from the Guild Vendor or the Southsun merchant.