Selling Buying

Selling Buying

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: twwizzie.3842

twwizzie.3842

Hi,

I was wondering about the Tax we pay on the Trading post.

What happends with it?
Is it just to take it out the game?

And why if i place an item i have to pay ..

And if someone made and offer and i “agree to” sell it… i have to pay also.

I think this is kinda stupid.

I played few WvW/PvP based games most had waaay lower tax. this one really kinda takes alot..

Selling Buying

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

It’s a gold sink.

Also, there is a listing fee so that it prevents every player from listing every single item just for luls.

The only other gold sinks in the game are repair, waypoint and mystic forge gambling costs.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Selling Buying

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Hi,

What happends with it?

The tax is a gold sink, so the funds you put in are taken out of the game.

The reason you have to pay at all times is simple:

1. When you’re selling, you pay so that you won’t be able to use the TP as a storage by placing your stuff at the maximum allowed price
  2. When you’re buying, you pay so that you won’t be able to keep undercutting without consequences
  3. When you’re filling an order, you’re simply putting in a buy order at the price matching the lowest sell price, so the fee is still in place. The reason here is that if you did not get charged the fee, it would pretty much always be cheaper to sell to the lowest buyer than placing it on sale yourself

And the gold sink is working kitten well. Just take a look at most costly items on the TP. Discounting the legendaries, which don’t have an arbitrary value, everything is less than 1000 Gold. For purposes of playing the game, Copper is the low level currency, Silver is the mundane currency and Gold is the investment currency.

(edited by Olba.5376)

Selling Buying

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

Hi,

What happends with it?

The tax is a gold sink, so the funds you put in are taken out of the game.

The reason you have to pay at all times is simple:

1. When you’re selling, you pay so that you won’t be able to use the TP as a storage by placing your stuff at the maximum allowed price
  2. When you’re buying, you pay so that you won’t be able to keep undercutting without consequences
  3. When you’re filling an order, you’re simply putting in a buy order at the price matching the lowest sell price, so the fee is still in place. The reason here is that if you did not get charged the fee, it would pretty much always be cheaper to sell to the lowest buyer than placing it on sale yourself

And the gold sink is working kitten well. Just take a look at most costly items on the TP. Discounting the legendaries, which don’t have an arbitrary value, everything is less than 1000 Gold. For purposes of playing the game, Copper is the low level currency, Silver is the mundane currency and Gold is the investment currency.

I think you meant to say “When you’re selling” for point #2. Buyers don’t pay a fee to the TP to use it.

Selling Buying

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tarvok.4206

Tarvok.4206

Also, from a lore perspective, you’re not paying to sell your stuff. You’re paying to have someone else (the employees of the Black Lion Trading Company) sell your stuff for you.